You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liam Fontaine

1. It's just speculation.

2. If true he is going only to cost £1m. If it doesn't work out you haven't lost anything Re: Diouf, Diao, Cheyrou, Josemi.

3. He may be another Lescott who knows.

4. We all want big name expensive players, but in the current climate it just isn't going to happen.

5. Stop fucking panicking.

People would've been going mad if we signed Lescott last year.

He came from lower divisiona nd has done well for Everton.

Ain't that the truth. Personally, I don't think we're in for this lad anyway, but the problem is, for a lot of people no-one is ever good enough apart from the usual half dozen Championship Manager poster boys.

I remember us being linked with Berbatov when he was in Germany, and people were moaning about our lack of ambition then too.

Many of the same people were, however, made up when we signed Harry Kewell. Draw your own conclusions.

1. It's just speculation.

2. If true he is going only to cost £1m. If it doesn't work out you haven't lost anything Re: Diouf, Diao, Cheyrou, Josemi.

3. He may be another Lescott who knows.

4. We all want big name expensive players, but in the current climate it just isn't going to happen.

5. Stop fucking panicking.

Wtf, we lost £22m on them players!

I go to watch random games sometimes and one such was Wolves V Bristol City last season when said Liam Fontaine scored - standard centre back header from a free kick. Noteworthy aspect was that Gary Johnson had said beforehand that if LF ever scored he would bare his back side (which tells you that he is not shall we say prolific in the scoring stakes!!) and apparently a big fuss was made of this on soccer am (which I am an occasional watcher of). Don't know if GJ ever kept his promise.

Not really of partic relevance to our alledged interest in him but thought I'd tell you all anyway.

Point lost in translation: Exactly, we took a loss of more tham £1m individually on that shite, if it didn't work out then we would probably recoup that on resale to another championship club.

I'd also like to point out that the Josemi signing shouldn't be in with those other signings. He cost 2M, we swapped him with Kromkamp, then we sold Kromkamp for...2M. So in a way, Josemi cost nothing in transfer fees, an often overlooked fact.

The lad has no idea of us being interested in him for what its worth.

I've watched the lad about 8/10 times live this season and he's a clever player. However if I were him I'd try and get a move to the likes of Boro or Fulham, a premiership side that trys to play good football and get spotted there. At his age he needs to be playing week in week out.

Johnson has yet to bare his backside in Burtons window either.