You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coco's off

DooooodekNo5

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that Mr Hicks didn't take too kindly to Mr Gillett berating his right hand man before the victory against Arsenal. Quite petty really, isn't it?

Yeah thats the rumour i had heard.

Gillett has a go at Ayre so Hicks has a go at Parry.

This Ian Ayre should be told what we think about him as well. He is giving all the information to Hicks and if appointed CEO would be Hicks 'yes man'.

Tony Evans on the on-line version of the Times offers a different take on things. Now, I know that there will be those who will slate him but Evans is a Scouser and a die-hard Red so his view is worth listening to.

Analysis: Only one of Benitez or Parry will surviveTony Evans

While most observers would say that Rick Parry's biggest mistake was to sell the club to Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr, the Liverpool chief executive may come to believe that his biggest blunder was appointing Rafael Benítez as manager.

Parry brought Benítez to the club, but the Spaniard's relationship with his chief executive has been fraught. A Liverpool fan from childhood, Parry believes that managers and players are transitory and only the club endures. To Benítez, who craves control, this translates into a suspicion that the chief executive thinks the manager is dispensable.

The former Valencia coach has also complained that he has reached agreement with some of his transfer targets only to find that Parry, instead of tying up loose ends, has presented the clubs and players concerned with inferior financial packages to those promised by the manager, causing the deals to fall through. This is just one area where their different philosophies have caused their relationship to deteriorate.

Ultimately, only one of Benítez or Parry will survive. It is a sideshow to the ownership issue, but one that has serious ramifications for Liverpool.

Analysis: Only one of Benitez or Parry will survive | Liverpool - Times Online

---

The one thing that I've been asking myself is why did anyone who has Liverpool's best interest at heart - rather than self-preservation - leak the letter to the press?

Tony Evans on the on-line version of the Times offers a different take on things. Now, I know that there will be those who will slate him but Evans is a Scouser and a die-hard Red so his view is worth listening to.

Analysis: Only one of Benitez or Parry will surviveTony Evans

While most observers would say that Rick Parry's biggest mistake was to sell the club to Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr, the Liverpool chief executive may come to believe that his biggest blunder was appointing Rafael Benítez as manager.

Parry brought Benítez to the club, but the Spaniard's relationship with his chief executive has been fraught. A Liverpool fan from childhood, Parry believes that managers and players are transitory and only the club endures. To Benítez, who craves control, this translates into a suspicion that the chief executive thinks the manager is dispensable.

The former Valencia coach has also complained that he has reached agreement with some of his transfer targets only to find that Parry, instead of tying up loose ends, has presented the clubs and players concerned with inferior financial packages to those promised by the manager, causing the deals to fall through. This is just one area where their different philosophies have caused their relationship to deteriorate.

Ultimately, only one of Benítez or Parry will survive. It is a sideshow to the ownership issue, but one that has serious ramifications for Liverpool.

Analysis: Only one of Benitez or Parry will survive | Liverpool - Times Online

---

Parry's an absolute whopper, though. All periods of sustained success in the last 40/50 years have been built on having a stable manager in position. Shankly, Paisley, Dalglish, Ferguson, Wenger. You can change the manager often but you will get fewer successes.

Parry's an absolute whopper, though. All periods of sustained success in the last 40/50 years have been built on having a stable manager in position. Shankly, Paisley, Dalglish, Ferguson, Wenger. You can change the manager often but you will get fewer successes.

Why was he so tardy in sacking his mate Houllier then?

Parry and Rafa have fallen out for one reason only. Rafa is a top class manager and expects his colleagues to be up to scratch. Parry is a poor CEO which has been proven time and again culminating in the cock up we are now in.

Why was he so tardy in sacking his mate Houllier then?

Parry and Rafa have fallen out for one reason only. Rafa is a top class manager and expects his colleagues to be up to scratch. Parry is a poor CEO which has been proven time and again culminating in the cock up we are now in.

Exactly. Parry is fuming because Rafa exposed him for the incompetent fool he is.

Parry = self serving arsehole

Moores = self serving arsehole

Gillett = self serving arsehole

Hicks = self serving arsehole

People might say Rafa is too but I'd rather support an arsehole that is obsessed with winning silverware than one that is obsessed with power and money.

Parry = self serving arsehole who is a lifelong Liverpool fan

Moores = self serving arsehole who is a lifelong Liverpool fan

Gillett = self serving arsehole who wants to sell his shares to DIC now

Hicks = self serving arsehole who wants to bleed the club dry.

In terms of not fucking the club up, I think I'd trust the two Liverpool fans.

They may not do things right every time, but I think they'd be less likely to rape the club and leave it for dead.

Parry & Moores KNOW they fucked up selling to Statler & Waldorf, but Rick is doing his level best to make sure it doesn't get any worse.

If he goes, Hicks's succubus, Ayres will be in prime position to take Parry's job, and that swings boardroom power firmly in Fat Tom's direction.

What fucking moron would want that to happen?

Just seen the quotes in Echo. Cheers fella.

"Any decision to remove him would need the approval of the full Liverpool board which, it should be remembered, consists of six people – myself, Foster, David Moores, Rick himself, Tom Hicks and Tom junior."

erm...

"Any decision to remove him would need the approval of the full Liverpool board which, it should be remembered, consists of six people – myself, Foster, David Moores, Rick himself, Tom Hicks and Tom junior."

erm...

If he was opposed by the other 5 then he'd have to go, his position would be untenable.

They may not do things right every time, but I think they'd be less likely to rape the club and leave it for dead.

Parry & Moores KNOW they fucked up selling to Statler & Waldorf, but Rick is doing his level best to make sure it doesn't get any worse.

If he goes, Hicks's succubus, Ayres will be in prime position to take Parry's job, and that swings boardroom power firmly in Fat Tom's direction.

Bollocks. We are in the situation today because of those two 'Liverpool fans'. They view themselves as servants of the club but by selling to the Americans they proved themselves to be acting in their own interests first and foremost.

Benitez may put himself first and the club second too but it doesn't matter, his goals are aligned with those of the club: to win things no matter what the costs. He's competent at his job also, he's a world leader in his postion. What are Moores and Parry but a pair of clowns?

Where did I say I wanted one without the other gone? You read what you want to read. If I say all four are arseholes, does that not imply I want them all gone? Moron.

Sky Sports | Media | Video | Football

little snip on sky sports news thingy.

His taste in shirts is as bad as his taste in ties.

Fair play to him there, he could have used it as a platform to really have a go in public, but he is sticking to the values of the club. I know you hate RiS, and he should go, but my main issue with this new saga is that he does not deserve to be treated like this, he should be given the opportunity to leave in a dignified manner. Not in full view of the public.