You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

in practice he should concentrate on imprving his left foot because more and more defenders are going to lead him onto it (his left foot) defenders are already doing their homework on ryan as you can see them dropping off to prevent space for him to run behind them. thought he had a good game yesterday.

in practice he should concentrate on imprving his left foot because more and more defenders are going to lead him onto it (his left foot) defenders are already doing their homework on ryan as you can see them dropping off to prevent space for him to run behind them. thought he had a good game yesterday.

Exactly show him the left side and any defender worth his salt will take the ball from him, some pace though the lad has.

I bet fullbacks hate playing against him. Who would you rather line up against? Babel or Kewell? The right back cannot push forward because if Babel has the space to run into or can get in behind the right back, he will leave them for dead.

He's very hit and miss but I really like him. He has pace, can beat a man and has a good shot on him. He's also shown that he can finish well too.

I reckon he'll be a great player once he's fully integrated.

Sums it up for me too.

It's his first touch that I find most frustrating. He's got the potential to be an excellent player but he needs to improve his first touch, especially in a league that relies on the speed of attacks. In all, though, I'm happy with his work.

I think his biggest weakness thus far is his confidence, or lack of it. If he struggles to get the better of a full back early in a game then he doesn't have the confidence to keep taking him on, when in reality he could skin him constantly if he believed in himself.

The Bolton game showed what he can do when he's not afraid and his tail's up.

It's to be expected from a young player though...

I bet fullbacks hate playing against him. Who would you rather line up against? Babel or Kewell? The right back cannot push forward because if Babel has the space to run into or can get in behind the right back, he will leave them for dead.

Is so right. I can't believe Rafa kept giving that Aussie twat the time of day, let alone a place in the first team. Sounds like he's finally come to his senses about that one.

It's sad that Kewell's career has turned out like this, but it's not up to us to carry the burden. Sorry, Harold, time is up...

He reminds me a lot of Thierry Henry. But Babel has a better physique on him. Apparently there´s a lot of us who really rates the lad, though I must say credit must go to Rafa Benitez. Like a lot of people I didn´t have a clue who this boy was when he signed.

He must improve on his shooting though, how hard can it be to place the ball into the far corner?

He is still young & raw and as a result will be a bit "hit & miss" at times, but the potential is clearly there. I think next season he will come on leaps and bounds.

Thats just how Ronaldo was for the first 18 months at the scum, look at him now....

I think hes going to be worldy.

There's a decent interview in the latest World Soccer. (Unfortunately, it's not on their crappy antiquated website.)

The key points are:

- He's a calm, serious, methodical - and a bit dull - young man, who does what his parents say and has calmed down (and improved his diet and lifestyle) in the last couple of years.

- He still lived with his parents and only moved in with his girlfriend when they moved to Liverpool.

- Before signing, Rafa had a "good open conversation" with him and told him everything he needs to know, particularly about rotation.

- He gets disappointed at not playing all the time, but accepts Rafa's view that he's not yet ready for 90 minutes of every match. In fact, he just respects Rafa - "Benitez is a good coach and a very fine man."

- He confirmed that the players only get told who's playing an hour before the match.

- Something I never knew about the routine at Anfield. "After a match we have to stand in an ice bath for five minutes. You can be affected with cramp or lactic acid, and that causes small tears in the muscles, but by applying cold water it repairs the damage immediately." This isn't Babel's favourite part of life at Liverpool!