You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

DIC: takeover thread

Ring of Fire

Guest PaddyBerger15
Richard Briars gets his cock out in the extras.

nah, its because Howard and Hilda are matching jumper~tastic, mad for it, sex beasts in the not fit for telly scenes.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if he was selling why would he deny it? He knows everyone hates him so the fans would be happy, whats the gain for him in denying it? If he is selling he would be talking to DIC so it's not like they can haggle him down because they know he is looking to sell.

It all makes me think he maybe isn't selling.

Just rewound Sky Sports News to see what it is Dan Roan, Sky Sports reporter had to say and according to him they have had an email from Tom Hicks saying that the british press are lying and that he is not planning to sell his share in Liverpool and that he has not invited DIC to make a bid or allow them to look at the books.

The reporter then said that according to his sources Hicks was in Dubai last week and met with DIC in London so why would he be meeting them if it wasnt to discuss Liverpool.

There was no statement from Gillett as according to the reporter it seems he does want to sell his share and that could happen very soon.

Sky Sports presenter asked reporter what does he think will now happen and he said that he expects DIC to eventually buy Liverpool with Hicks possibly keeping 20% of the club and a place on the board.

In all fairness to the reporter, Dan Roan, he comes across as a genuine bloke but he hasnt really said anything today that we dont already know via the various websites.

If Gillett's valuation of the club is less than Hicks' it makes sense for DIC to buy Gillett's stake first.

For eg., if Gillett values the club at £400m and Hicks at £450m, DIC first buys Gillett out by paying him £200 and then Hicks at £225m hence saving themselves £25m. May be DIC have a deal with Hicks to do it this way.

Wishful thinking I know but who knows what goes on with these millionaire bastards.

I won't accept any of this is happening until Sky have that bluenose so-called expert teling us it isn't.

Professor Tom "Bitter Billy Bull Shit" Cannon. They will wheel him out soon, guarantee it. I hate that man.

Just rewound Sky Sports News to see what it is Dan Roan, Sky Sports reporter had to say and according to him they have had an email from Tom Hicks saying that the british press are lying and that he is not planning to sell his share in Liverpool and that he has not invited DIC to make a bid or allow them to look at the books.

The reporter then said that according to his sources Hicks was in Dubai last week and met with DIC in London so why would he be meeting them if it wasnt to discuss Liverpool.

There was no statement from Gillett as according to the reporter it seems he does want to sell his share and that could happen very soon.

Sky Sports presenter asked reporter what does he think will now happen and he said that he expects DIC to eventually buy Liverpool with Hicks possibly keeping 20% of the club and a place on the board.

In all fairness to the reporter, Dan Roan, he comes across as a genuine bloke but he hasnt really said anything today that we dont already know via the various websites.

Ye i saw it to. I think it basically backs up everything in the papers today. Hicks isnt going to come out and say he is looking to sell. He's not going to reveal his intentions when he is sat around a negotiating table. He obviously thinks in the long run it will be more profitable to sit tight, and sell at a later date. He is quite clearly on a PR offensive with his son's visit and his public backing of Rafa, and i think that maybe we will need to come to terms that for the time being, he will still be a part of the club. Gillett is quite clearly off, of that there is little doubt now. I think GG is acting with the clubs best interests at heart, and he knows he is in above his head. I think what Dan Roan said at the end summed it up, its a matter of when, not if, Dubai get in. Once they do get in, it will be much easier for them to take Hicks' share.

Nah, Tomkins would have got at least 1000 more words out of that. Who is this Broadman chap anyway, what site is that off?

anfieldroad.com

Jim always writes interesting, thoughtful articles after digesting the available news rather than just flinging out the first thing that comes to mind and he never claims that he's 'correct' or has 'sources', just that this is how he understands it from what he's read in the public record. Well worth bookmarking.

I just got a mental image of Hicks hiding the books behind his back to stop them. Then eating them.

Hicks has now said he isn't selling. They used to say "we aren't selling", so it sounds like George is out.

Ha ha that made me laugh RIS. I have not done much of that on this thread so it was a welcome relief.

anfieldroad.com

Jim always writes interesting, thoughtful articles after digesting the available news rather than just flinging out the first thing that comes to mind and he never claims that he's 'correct' or has 'sources', just that this is how he understands it from what he's read in the public record. Well worth bookmarking.

Will do, cheers.

From BBC...

Hicks denies Liverpool sale claim

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks has strenously denied renewed claims that he plans to sell his 50% share in the club to Dubai International Capital.

He also described reports that he will allow DIC to study Liverpool's books ahead of a proposed sale as "absolutely and categorically false".

Hicks' son, Tom Jr., was spat at and abused by Liverpool fans in a pub after Saturday's win against Middlesbrough.

DIC may now try to buy out Hicks's partner George Gillett's 50% stake.

A statement from Hicks read: "Reports in the UK media that I am about to sell my stake in the Liverpool Football Club, or to invite DIC to examine the club's books in preparation for such a sale - like other such reports planted in the UK press in recent weeks by parties with their own self-interested agenda - are absolutely and categorically false.

"The reality is that I am personally, professionally and financially committed to the club and its supporters and that I will continue to honor that commitment to the best of my ability now and in the future."

To me it seems like DIC will buy GG`s shares and then proceed with a share issue so that they can inject some cash into the club. This would probably dilute Hicks` percentage to somewhere between 30-40%. It would give DIC the majority shareholding, provide Rafa with a large summer transfer kitty and it fits in well with Hicks saying he`s not selling.

To me it seems like DIC will buy GG`s shares and then proceed with a share issue so that they can inject some cash into the club. This would probably dilute Hicks` percentage to somewhere between 30-40%. It would give DIC the majority shareholding, provide Rafa with a large summer transfer kitty and it fits in well with Hicks saying he`s not selling.

Hicks is not thick enough to agree to that.

They cant issue shares without Hicks agreement. And if shares are issued, both Dic and Hicks shares would be diluted equally. DIC would not be the majority shareholders.

They cant issue shares without Hicks agreement. And if shares are issued, both Dic and Hicks shares would be diluted equally. DIC would not be the majority shareholders.

My thinking is that the share issue is a part of the deal between Hicks & DIC.

For it to work it would obviously have to be targetted at DIC only.

From BBC...

Hicks denies Liverpool sale claim

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks has strenously denied renewed claims that he plans to sell his 50% share in the club to Dubai International Capital.

He also described reports that he will allow DIC to study Liverpool's books ahead of a proposed sale as "absolutely and categorically false".

Hicks' son, Tom Jr., was spat at and abused by Liverpool fans in a pub after Saturday's win against Middlesbrough.

DIC may now try to buy out Hicks's partner George Gillett's 50% stake.

A statement from Hicks read: "Reports in the UK media that I am about to sell my stake in the Liverpool Football Club, or to invite DIC to examine the club's books in preparation for such a sale - like other such reports planted in the UK press in recent weeks by parties with their own self-interested agenda - are absolutely and categorically false.

"The reality is that I am personally, professionally and financially committed to the club and its supporters and that I will continue to honor that commitment to the best of my ability now and in the future."

There are a few points there that you could pick up on. The most obvious one is that he is only talking about his 50%. Also he says he hasn't invited DIC to look at the books. He doesn't say they aren't, just that he hasn't invited them. Also he says he doesn't want to sell his stake, but that doesn't rule out selling a part of it. Press releases are always worded very carefully and this one certainly adds weight to the claim that G&H are no longer an item.