You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Karim Benzema......

RSM

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a gutless shower those French players are.

I probably underrated the influence Zidane was on that side over the last ten years, the rest - Makelele, Thuram, Henry, Anelka - just don't hold a candle to him.

Henry should jack it in too based on his 'efforts' this tournament.

Even though he hasn't scored I have been mightily impressed by Benzema. HE makes players panic, as Dirty Sanchez said he was not as good as a the striker as he was out on the wings (he did switch wings throughout the game) and but for a fantastic save by Buffon he would have had a belter of a goal.

Few other young players who have impressed me in this tournament, Orlando Engelaar, Nigel de Jong, Demy de Zeeuw and Ibrahim Afellay. They have all come in given a really fantastic account fo themselves without being the best player in the tournament.

One player who has really surprised me after thinking he was absolute shite is Boularhouz(sp) he has performed really well and looks a totally differnt player to when he was over here.

There's no way that this guy at his current level is worth more than 12m. We definitely don't need him with the position he plays. He'd get in the way of babel and torres.

In all fairness like.

Benzema is in the 25-30 million bracket and quite possibly will be the top forward in world football in 3 or 4 years. He's got the lot, and in a team of gutless sulkers last night, he kept going right till the end.

Can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading.

In all fairness like.

Benzema is in the 25-30 million bracket and quite possibly will be the top forward in world football in 3 or 4 years. He's got the lot, and in a team of gutless sulkers last night, he kept going right till the end.

Can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading.

What has he done to be in the 25-30m bracket? We paid 20m for torres and villa is rated at around 25m. There's no way we can but Benzema in the same bracket as these guys.

What has he done to be in the 25-30m bracket? We paid 20m for torres and villa is rated at around 25m. There's no way we can but Benzema in the same bracket as these guys.

I think we got Torres on the cheap all things considered. You bracketed him at 12 million, thats less than Carrick, Nani and co and about the same as Babel. You could play the comparison game all day. He'd be up there with Villa in terms of a transfer fee, plus he's only 20.

I've seen enough from him to think he is worth that money, without any doubt. Lyon played a lone striker against United and he gave the United back four huge problems, even Torres didn't do that.

I think he's already a top player, and he deserved more for his efforts last night.

Henry doesn't look a shadow of the player from even two season ago. Looks like Wenger got that particular transfer right.

And maybe, just maybe Houllier was right not to make Anelka's transfer permanent. The guy's a fucking disgrace, and would probably have been the same for us had the security of a long term contract been offered.

Interesting how people base their valuations of a player on an International tournament. Probably the worst competition to judge the value of a player. Benzema will be better than Torres in 2 years. Can do everything Torres can but even more naturally gifted. He's worth 40 mill for me, given how good he will be.

Interesting how people base their valuations of a player on an International tournament. Probably the worst competition to judge the value of a player. Benzema will be better than Torres in 2 years. Can do everything Torres can but even more naturally gifted. He's worth 40 mill for me, given how good he will be.

I disagree. He has to develop at a staggering pace to be better than Torres. I'm not sure about his mindset but Torres is also a top professional.

Remember, some players just don't develop past a certain stage.

Benzema better than Torres!!! - you're having a laugh.

Still do not really think I have seen enough of him to comment too much about him but at first glance he looks a bit of a 'hyped up by the media' type player to me who could (stress could) be very good one day. But better than Torres in 2 years? - no chance. Defo not a player we need right now. Wrong position. Wrong stage of his development.

I know what you mean tho about thinking a player has 'got it' when you first see them - for me the most obvious example i can think of that in the last 12 months is Aaron Ramsey who looked as if things could happen with him all the time - a sparky type of player. The only consolation is that at least he has not gone to MUFC but sadly AFC will get the benefit of a 5m bargain not us - as for sure at that price he is a bargain.

Showing my age I must say I was lucky enough to see Kevin Keegan play for the Ressies V Tranmere Rovers the Saturday before his famous debut V Notts Forest in 1971 and it was clear he had 'got it' as he was by far the outstanding player on the pitch. Shanks putting him in the first team the next week did not surprise me one bit, nor did the fact he made an instant impact.