You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

reasons why a boycott....

robbief

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you lot don't want to admit that rafa hasn't done a good job. i must admit its hard for me as he won me my first european cup but the money we have spent and the thigs we have won don't compare.

What do you mean? We have been outspent by both teams who have won the league in his time here. On the other hand, he's won the CL and FA cup. In terms of spending, he has overachieved if anything.

everyone is using the yanks as whipping boys and its not on. they've baught the club fair and square, now we have to let them do as they please. no amount of crossing the road between the kop and the sandon is going to help. if we do a leeds its the fault of the boons who sold the club to them, not theirs. before they came we all knew that they didn't love the club, not even support the club so why do you expect loyalty from them? we are quite simply a money maker.

I agree all this constant speculation on boycotts, marchs etc a complete waste of time and actually its doin more harm to the club than Hicks and Co

Look at early posts when Yanks buying club it was apparent that they would use the club to underwrite loans that how they operate in America.

Why do certain fans expect someone to buy the club for hundreds of millions and not make money from it - are these fans charity cases - with someone paying for their enjoyment.

All the protests are doing is keeping the negativity about the club in the papers - What top class players is going to join Liverpool while all these protests are going on.

Some fans may enjoying wallowing in all this self pity but its now seriously affecting how the team plays ( words of our captain) and logic says that top players other than plain money grabbers will not sign for us.

Hicks big mistake was speaking to Klinsman but if you our honest Rafa has been hinting he may leave for the past 18 months - All the Yanks did is call his bluff.

Now is the time to stop all this self indulgent nonsense and get behind the club - do you want the bluenoses to pip us for 4th

You're cunt, now fuck off.

Truely well argued, well informed intelligent fan NOT - pathetic

So level of your argument is mindless abuse - well that should impress our owners

I agree all this constant speculation on boycotts, marchs etc a complete waste of time and actually its doin more harm to the club than Hicks and Co

Look at early posts when Yanks buying club it was apparent that they would use the club to underwrite loans that how they operate in America.

Why do certain fans expect someone to buy the club for hundreds of millions and not make money from it - are these fans charity cases - with someone paying for their enjoyment.

All the protests are doing is keeping the negativity about the club in the papers - What top class players is going to join Liverpool while all these protests are going on.

Some fans may enjoying wallowing in all this self pity but its now seriously affecting how the team plays ( words of our captain) and logic says that top players other than plain money grabbers will not sign for us.

Hicks big mistake was speaking to Klinsman but if you our honest Rafa has been hinting he may leave for the past 18 months - All the Yanks did is call his bluff.

Now is the time to stop all this self indulgent nonsense and get behind the club - do you want the bluenoses to pip us for 4th

Top class players cost top class money. Talk about head in the sand.

Top class players cost top class money. Talk about head in the sand.

I know and all this boycott nonsense is really going to encourage owners to buy another Torres is it - better head in sand than filled with manure

Oh great. Laurel has been on this thread for ages and now Hardy has turned up.

everyone is using the yanks as whipping boys and its not on. they've baught the club fair and square, now we have to let them do as they please. no amount of crossing the road between the kop and the sandon is going to help. if we do a leeds its the fault of the boons who sold the club to them, not theirs. before they came we all knew that they didn't love the club, not even support the club so why do you expect loyalty from them? we are quite simply a money maker.

1. No, they did not buy us fair and square. They bought us under false premises, which the latest re-financing is proof of.

2. No, we do not have to let them do as they please. I don't know what you think, but what they really bought was the fan base of a football club. Without us there's no money to make long term, so we have all the power in the world.

3. If you want to blame those who sold instead of those who bought, then go ahead. It won't result in anything though, because the only ones we can put preassure on now is the buyers.

4. I expect loyalty from them because of what you said; we are quite simply their money makers.

There is enough blame to go around. Moores and Parry for being incompetent and Gillett & Hicks for being liars. I still can't believe that we have ended up paying for G&H to buy our club.

kop

1) they did buy us fairly or moores would be out complaining about how he hasn't got his money. right? its between them two to make it fair, we never bought or sold anything, therefor we don't have anything to do with the transaction.

who buys and sells our club is not up to us, its up to the current owner/owners.

3) the only way we can pressure them out is to offer them more money and get the club back. do you think all this turning against your owners is going to entise others to buy us? no because they don't want to be in that situation.

2 and 4) carlsberg, sketchers, delta cabs and adidas give far more money than us.

No, they did not buy us fair and square. They bought us under false premises, which the latest re-financing is proof of.

Yes they did - Parry and Moore accepted there offer over DCI - you may not like them but the bought club fair and square

2. No, we do not have to let them do as they please. I don't know what you think, but what they really bought was the fan base of a football club. Without us there's no money to make long term, so we have all the power in the world.

If debt transfered to club - any boycott will just hurt club - remember Leeds

3. If you want to blame those who sold instead of those who bought, then go ahead. It won't result in anything though, because the only ones we can put preassure on now is the buyers.

No else to blame but Parry and Moores - and you are deluding yourself if the yanks dont know all this current nonsense will blow over - Results on pitch will change everyones perception

4. I expect loyalty from them because of what you said; we are quite simply their money makers.

There is no loyalty in football be it owners managers or players it business

So basically you're saying that financially, advertisors are more important than the fans?

Without knowing how much they pay to club impossible to answer but do you honestly believe more than a handfull of supporters wont renew their season ticket - get real fans in it for life - that can never change

kop

1) they did buy us fairly or moores would be out complaining about how he hasn't got his money. right? its between them two to make it fair, we never bought or sold anything, therefor we don't have anything to do with the transaction.

who buys and sells our club is not up to us, its up to the current owner/owners.

3) the only way we can pressure them out is to offer them more money and get the club back. do you think all this turning against your owners is going to entise others to buy us? no because they don't want to be in that situation.

2 and 4) carlsberg, sketchers, delta cabs and adidas give far more money than us.

How much money do you think Carlsberg etc would give to LFC if LFC didn't have hundres of thousands of supporters? You can twist and turn this as much as you like, but the end product is simple: We are LFC, we are the ones who finance LFC, without us LFC would be nothing. That's the kind of power we have.

And for the buying/selling thing: it's not about whether or not Moores has got his money, it's about promises made when he agreed to sell. We all know LFC is sold, what we disagree on is if we were sold fair and square.

No, they did not buy us fair and square. They bought us under false premises, which the latest re-financing is proof of.

Yes they did - Parry and Moore accepted there offer over DCI - you may not like them but the bought club fair and square

If debt transfered to club - any boycott will just hurt club - remember Leeds

No else to blame but Parry and Moores - and you are deluding yourself if the yanks dont know all this current nonsense will blow over - Results on pitch will change everyones perception

There is no loyalty in football be it owners managers or players it business

But there are. Fans. We can take that away from them though, and I would if it came to it. I would rather be in 2nd division with my principles in order than in PL with G&H's dicks up my arse.

But there are. Fans. We can take that away from them though, and I would if it came to it. I would rather be in 2nd division with my principles in order than in PL with G&H's dicks up my arse.

What principles if we top of league no one would be arsed who owned us - tthe blame lies also with previous owners, manager and players.

is our squad better than bluenoses - answer is yes so why arent we higher in league - because of manager - buck has always stopped their in past. Stop blaming Yanks for everything - look at players and manager who bought them and 'motivates' them

What principles if we top of league no one would be arsed who owned us - tthe blame lies also with previous owners, manager and players.

is our squad better than bluenoses - answer is yes so why arent we higher in league - because of manager - buck has always stopped their in past. Stop blaming Yanks for everything - look at players and manager who bought them and 'motivates' them

Okay, what are you talking about now really? The blame for what? Do you think previous managers and players are to blame for the way G&H treats us now?

I think we're discussing two different things now mate. I'd be happy to take up a Rafa and table position-discussion with you but that's not what I'm discussing on this thread.

Okay, what are you talking about now really? The blame for what? Do you think previous managers and players are to blame for the way G&H treats us now?

I think we're discussing two different things now mate. I'd be happy to take up a Rafa and table position-discussion with you but that's not what I'm discussing on this thread.

The point I am making is the boycott is counter productive - see earlier postings and all are woes are not down to yanks or how they bought the club.

One of reasons apart from finance yanks unpopular - hence calls for boycott is their treatment of Rafa

I have commented earlier on this point and now I suggest we put way all nonsense about boycotts, stop deluding ourselves into believing we have more clout than we really have and support the team full stop

If yanks didnt have such faith in club why new stadium?

Your entitled to your oppinion. Dont expect any more cos its bargain basement from now on.

If im wrong i will gladly eat my slice of humble pie.

well get ready with your knife and fork because this summer will see big purchases including £17m for Mascherano