You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

DUBAI TO MAKE BID

WeAreTheBest

Lads, we have David Bond at the Telegraph to than for his, he has been on at Ansari about the fans all week!

Don't kid yourself Rash. DIC have been planning this for ages, that's why they've constantly refused to comment publicly but have been briefing the papers for months.

Not knocking this Bond fella, I'm sure he's done his bit, but DIC are not going to do anything because a journo is telling them how much the fans want them.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lads, we have David Bond at the Telegraph to than for his, he has been on at Ansari about the fans all week!

DB: Hey Ansari, there's a poll of The Liverpool Way 104 to 30 saying they'd rather you in charge than the Americans.

A: I'll just nip to the cash point.

Good call and it's interesting they're bidding for Hick's share only, they obviously know something whether thats through Hicks, Parry, Gillett or what I've no idea though.

Been doing some diggin on Parry (though I guess many on here will know this), and it's alleged that when he was Premier league Chief and negotiating the very first PL Tv deal, he passed on certain info of ITVs bid to Sky in order to engineer a higher bid. Funnily enough getting a substantial bonus on completion of the Sky deal. Fast forward 10 years (ish) and it's now alleged that Parry passed on key details of DICs bid to G&T in order to incease the price, Parry stayed on and pocketed a job from G&T. So maybe, just maybe, he's actually passing on important details to DIC to do the right thing for once and get Hicks out.

In one morning my view on Parry has compeltley changed.

Don't kid yourself Rash. DIC have been planning this for ages, that's why they've constantly refused to comment publicly but have been briefing the papers for months.

Not knocking this Bond fella, I'm sure he's done his bit, but DIC are not going to do anything because a journo is telling them how much the fans want them.

To be fair to him he has done his bit and he has interviewed both him and Hicks in the past 2 months. It is important to DIC to know that the fans want them... everything Bond has told me has happened to fair play to him. I know I am naming my source but he deserves a lot of credit.

To be fair to him he has done his bit and he has interviewed both him and Hicks in the past 2 months. It is important to DIC to know that the fans want them... everything Bond has told me has happened to fair play to him. I know I am naming my source but he deserves a lot of credit.

Doesnt he say today that they're tieing up the loose ends of the loan? If he is right then thats not good.

This is a nightmare. Gillett and DIC both owning the club, we'll be a laughing stock. I really don't trust DIC, they will load the club with debt and treat us like their plaything.

We need to get rid of both and find a scouse billionare.

Guest PaddyBerger15
This is a nightmare. Gillett and DIC both owning the club, we'll be a laughing stock. I really don't trust DIC, they will load the club with debt and treat us like their plaything.

We need to get rid of both and find a scouse billionare.

Yeah, lets sell to Curtis Warren, he's scouse so he's bound to be trustworthy like.

Rashid:getDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyus...

Bond:If I get them to buy you will you stop bothering me at work?

Rashid: getDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyusgetDICtobuyus

Bond: Get me Ansari on the line, now.

Doesnt he say today that they're tieing up the loose ends of the loan? If he is right then thats not good.

He has been told that the loan is all but agreed and it is going ahead, but he also says that there is a possibility of a sale and DIC want in and have wanted in for ages. The two are not necessarily dependent on eachother as I told Tom yesterday.

To those asking why DIC would enter into a partnership - surely it would quickly end up with them as the majority shareholders after any purchase of Hicks' shares? They would put up the capital for the stadium and (possibly) players and issue more shares to reflect that, in effect diluting Gillett's share of the club. Certainly there'd be absolutely no point in an organisation of their wealth and liquidity borrowing money to finance the development of the club.

Let's say they pay Hicks £150m for 50% of the club and then finance a £400m stadium and £50m on players as part of a share/rights issue (don't know the correct technical term), suddenly Gillett ends up holding 20% of the club, rather than 50% making DIC defacto owners anyway.

that was exactly how they proposed to do it previously.

too true. I remember hearing the first whispers long ago (3-4 months) and thinking it was strange. Since then the snippets have dripped slowly but surely and never a denial.

I'm excited:drool:

I would be amazed if DIC used their own cash to build the stadium. They will lend of the bank and pay it back over time but due to the stadium actually been built i cant see any problems in paying it back.

The advantage DIC have is they will have no problems getting the loans that they require as the cash to build stadium is fuck all to them but it would be bad business to pay for it out of their own pocket.