You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The McCanns...

Chris

10 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Whats the suggestive motive for SY being told by the governments they couldn't interview the McCanns ?

Because they know the McCanns are involved in the concealment of their daughter's corpse, as concluded by Tavares Almeida in his interim report.

From everything that was exposed from the AUTOS, we conclude that:
A) The minor Madeleine McCann died in the apartment 5A of the Ocean Club resort, on the night of May 3rd of 2007;

B) It was performed a simulation of kidnapping;

C) In order to avoid the death [alarm] of the minor before 22H00, it was created a situation of the children's surveillance by the McCann while the children slept;

D) Kate McCann and Gerald McCann are involved in the occultation of the cadaver of their child Madeleine McCann;

E) At this moment, there seems that there aren't strong indicia that the death of the minor didn't happen due to a tragic accident;

F) From what was obtained until now, everything points out that the McCann, as self-defence, didn't want to deliver immediately and voluntarily the cadaver, existing a strong possibility that the same was transported from the initial place of deposition. This situation is susceptible to raise questions about the circumstances under which the death of the minor occurred.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TAVARES_ALMEIDA.htm

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

Because they know the McCanns are involved in the concealment of their daughters corpse, as concluded by Tavares Almeida in his interim report.

A) The minor Madeleine McCann died in the apartment 5A of the Ocean Club resort, on the night of May 3rd of 2007;

C) In order to avoid the death [alarm] of the minor before 22H00, it was created a situation of the children's surveillance by the McCann while the children slept;

D) Kate McCann and Gerald McCann are involved in the occultation of the cadaver of their child Madeleine McCann;

E) At this moment, there seems that there aren't strong indicia that the death of the minor didn't happen due to a tragic accident;

F) From what was obtained until now, everything points out that the McCann, as self-defence, didn't want to deliver immediately and voluntarily the cadaver, existing a strong possibility that the same was transported from the initial place of deposition. This situation is susceptible to raise questions about the circumstances under which the death of the minor occurred.

But why are they being protected from investigation if what you post is credible ?

Just now, magicrat said:

But why are they being protected from investigation if what you post is credible ?

I don't know, but there's no doubt in my mind that they are being fully protected by the UK government.  As Colin Sutton says, it's common sense to question the parents if only to rule them out.  For an investigation with a budget of £12m it's not a lot to ask for.

20 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Because they know the McCanns are involved in the concealment of their daughter's corpse, as concluded by Tavares Almeida in his interim report.

There is a major inaccuracy in that report, in that the cadaver dog picked up a scent in the boot of the hire car. Which never happened, something I remember being widely shared at the time as a major cause for them being guilty, which turns out never actually happened.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=3504.0

Even Colin Suttons opening paragraph on that link you shared stated this.

All the evidence available to me – and there is more and deeper information available to the public on this than any case I have looked at – does not convince me of any theory or scenario being proved

17 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I don't know, but there's no doubt in my mind that they are being fully protected by the UK government.  As Colin Sutton says, it's common sense to question the parents if only to rule them out.  For an investigation with a budget of £12m it's not a lot to ask for.

That's my problem with all of this . I cant think of a motive for the UK government to meddle in the investigation other than to ensure the terms of reference agreed with the Portugese are followed. You then have to ask why they would want to prevent SY interviewing the McCann's  

28 minutes ago, Juniper said:

There is a major inaccuracy in that report, in that the cadaver dog picked up a scent in the boot of the hire car. Which never happened, something I remember being widely shared at the time as a major cause for them being guilty, which turns out never actually happened.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=3504.0

Even Colin Suttons opening paragraph on that link you shared stated this.

All the evidence available to me – and there is more and deeper information available to the public on this than any case I have looked at – does not convince me of any theory or scenario being proved

Personally I think that the presence of actual blood, and cadaver odour, in the apartment and various other locations (e.g. on cuddle cat) is more of a problem for the McCanns.  The police made a mistake, shit happens.

As for Colin Sutton, he's just choosing his words carefully.  He's not stupid enough to commit one way or another.  The relevant point is that the McCanns should have been questioned as part of Operation Grange. 

26 minutes ago, magicrat said:

That's my problem with all of this . I cant think of a motive for the UK government to meddle in the investigation other than to ensure the terms of reference agreed with the Portugese are followed. You then have to ask why they would want to prevent SY interviewing the McCann's  

I don't know what the motive is but I'm sure they are being protected.  Otherwise they would have been questioned, there would have been a full reconstruction and so on.  £12m spent and they haven't questioned the parents - that doesn't add up.  Gerry McCann claims to be the last person to have seen Madeleine alive, therefore he should be questioned.

12 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Personally I think that the presence of actual blood, and cadaver odour, in the apartment and various other locations (e.g. on cuddle cat) is more of a problem for the McCanns.  The police made a mistake, shit happens.

As for Colin Sutton, he's just choosing his words carefully.  He's not stupid enough to commit one way or another.  The relevant point is that the McCanns should have been questioned as part of Operation Grange. 

Oh yeah, I'm not questioning other factors that could be a cause for concern and I'm not an expert in this case/crime scene workings to understand it on a detailed level, I'm seeing a lot of things in this case for the first time. 

I do remember that inaccuracy being a major piece of news at the time though, which no doubt helped fuel certain opinions on the McCann family and probably their reaction to the authorities.

And yes. Colin's blog entry is very balanced/impartial but it still doesn't imply guilt for that questioning not taking place. He's more talking about following certain processes to come to more certain conclusions.

Regardless of if they did/didn't the Portuguese police looked to have majorly bodged this case to the point of the truth probably never coming out/being proven.

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

He’s a fucking lunatic!!

Thats the answer, he’s posted ‘evidence’ that disproves his point all the way through the thread. 

His preferred position is that a couple killed their kid rather than a nonce did.  That says it all. 

Now now, some of us are trying to have a calm conversation/debate.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Juniper said:

Oh yeah, I'm not questioning other factors that could be a cause for concern and I'm not an expert in this case/crime scene workings to understand it on a detailed level, I'm seeing a lot of things in this case for the first time. 

I do remember that inaccuracy being a major piece of news at the time though, which no doubt helped fuel certain opinions on the McCann family and probably their reaction to the authorities.

And yes. Colin's blog entry is very balanced/impartial but it still doesn't imply guilt for that questioning not taking place. He's more talking about following certain processes to come to more certain conclusions.

Regardless of if they did/didn't the Portuguese police looked to have majorly bodged this case to the point of the truth probably never coming out.

I think that's a really unfair conclusion to come to in respect of the Portuguese police.  They carried out the largest physical search for a missing person in Portuguese history, quickly theorised what had happened in the apartment, had their main suspects, obtained physical evidence, thousands of witness statements and worked around the clock under intense international media scrutiny.  They did a good job, but were ultimately backed into a corner by external political pressure. 

Goncalo Amaral did a lot of good work on this case and his book is worth a read by anyone interested in the case, if only to give some counterbalance as to how matters are portrayed in the British mainstream media. 

18 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I think that's a really unfair conclusion to come to in respect of the Portuguese police.  They carried out the largest physical search for a missing person in Portuguese history, quickly theorised what had happened in the apartment, had their main suspects, obtained physical evidence, thousands of witness statements and worked around the clock under intense international media scrutiny.  They did a good job, but were ultimately backed into a corner by external political pressure. 

Goncalo Amaral did a lot of good work on this case and his book is worth a read by anyone interested in the case, if only to give some counterbalance as to how matters are portrayed in the British mainstream media. 

Good stuff, I'll check that book out in that case if it's recommended.

Always happy to look at both sides, which in this case where there are so many unsettling/strange factors is needed for sure. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Juniper said:

Good stuff, I'll check that book out in that case if it's recommended.

Always happy to look at both sides, which in this case where there are so many unsettling/strange factors is needed for sure. 

Yeah - there's deffo weird shit on both sides.

Like...just what opportunity did the McCanns have? They only had a 3 hour window to do all this stuff?

They got 7 other accomplices involved? Very unlikely. You can't collude with 9 people in that space of time. With that many involved (Tapas 9) - they wouldn't be able to stop leakage of info.

Why do they fight hard to keep themselves in the spotlight if they had wronged?

Like I said weird shit on both sides. I guess that's what make it so interesting to people.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I don't know what the motive is but I'm sure they are being protected.  Otherwise they would have been questioned, there would have been a full reconstruction and so on.  £12m spent and they haven't questioned the parents - that doesn't add up.  Gerry McCann claims to be the last person to have seen Madeleine alive, therefore he should be questioned.

Until anyone comes forward with credible information as to whether and why they are being protected by the government from further investigation then its all just a conspiracy theory. You could be right , I don't have any answers, but its a massive leap of faith to say just because it was agreed with the Portuguese the McCanns shouldn't be re-interviewed by SY to proposing the government are covering up. Its just as likely it was to save the McCanns further distress as they had been ruled out and that the press would hound them again if they were being re-interviewed by the Police. 

4 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Yeah - there's deffo weird shit on both sides.

Like...just what opportunity did the McCanns have? They only had a 3 hour window to do all this stuff?

They got 7 other accomplices involved? Very unlikely. You can't collude with 9 people in that space of time. With that many involved (Tapas 9) - they wouldn't be able to stop leakage of info.

Why do they fight hard to keep themselves in the spotlight if they had wronged?

Like I said weird shit on both sides. I guess that's what make it so interesting to people.

There's a theory that Madeleine died much earlier in the week.  There is scant evidence that she was alive from Sunday 29th April onwards - no photographs and no independently verifiable sightings by witnesses. 

Obviously Gerry McCann's claimed last sighting has to be treated with caution.  Prior to that you have David Payne's supposed sighting when he claims to have visited at around 6pm, but there are so many inconsistencies between his testimony and Kate's that it's unlikely this visit ever took place.  Then, when you wind the clock back from there, it leaves a much longer timeline for all of these events to have occurred.  

Personally, I think she died on Sunday 29th April or shortly thereafter.  

10 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Until anyone comes forward with credible information as to whether and why they are being protected by the government from further investigation then its all just a conspiracy theory. You could be right , I don't have any answers, but its a massive leap of faith to say just because it was agreed with the Portuguese the McCanns shouldn't be re-interviewed by SY to proposing the government are covering up. Its just as likely it was to save the McCanns further distress as they had been ruled out and that the press would hound them again if they were being re-interviewed by the Police. 

It wasn't agreed with the Portuguese police that the McCanns shouldn't be re-interviewed.  That decision was made by Operation Grange unilaterally.  Saving the McCanns from further distress is not a valid reason.  If someone claims to be the last person to see their missing daughter alive, they need to be questioned.  

13 minutes ago, TK421 said:

There's a theory that Madeleine died much earlier in the week.  There is scant evidence that she was alive from Sunday 29th April onwards - no photographs and no independently verifiable sightings by witnesses. 

Obviously Gerry McCann's claimed last sighting has to be treated with caution.  Prior to that you have David Payne's supposed sighting when he claims to have visited at around 6pm, but there are so many inconsistencies between his testimony and Kate's that it's unlikely this visit ever took place.  Then, when you wind the clock back from there, it leaves a much longer timeline for all of these events to have occurred.  

I think that the signing out of the creche at 5:30 on the day she disappeared, is pretty watertight. Or at least it was accepted by the Portuguese police.

20 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Ha ha. Read that slowly. Then read it again. 

Mental. 

13 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I think that the signing out of the creche at 5:30 on the day she disappeared, is pretty watertight. Or at least it was accepted by the Portuguese police.

There are a lot of issues with that sighting.  Gerry McCann was questioned about it and gave details which were inconsistent with Kate's account of the afternoon in her book.  The witness statements of the creche nannies are also inconsistent with the McCanns and with each other.