You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The McCanns...

Chris

This thread is such an incredibly difficult read. After everything we went through as a fanbase with false allegations, and other fans “certain” of their views despite shreds of, or no information, and just baseless innuendo, it really grates to read attitudes here. I’m sure the “well I’ll owe them a big apology if this is true” lot will be told by the McCanns to stick their apologies up their arses, just like we, as a fan base, have for years told the people and institutions who constantly lied and made up shite and jumped to ignorant and hurtful conclusions about us. And even at that, if they do catch and prosecute someone for this crime, I bet there’ll still be plenty wholl call that person a patsy and still insist it was the McCanns. 

The last decade I’ve lost the view that people are generally good, and changed it to people, when given the tiniest reason, are generally twats. 

• Upvote 8

15 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

This thread is such an incredibly difficult read. After everything we went through as a fanbase with false allegations, and other fans “certain” of their views despite shreds of, or no information, and just baseless innuendo, it really grates to read attitudes here. I’m sure the “well I’ll owe them a big apology if this is true” lot will be told by the McCanns to stick their apologies up their arses, just like we, as a fan base, have for years told the people and institutions who constantly lied and made up shite and jumped to ignorant and hurtful conclusions about us. And even at that, if they do catch and prosecute someone for this crime, I bet there’ll still be plenty wholl call that person a patsy and still insist it was the McCanns. 

The last decade I’ve lost the view that people are generally good, and changed it to people, when given the tiniest reason, are generally twats. 

Think you've jumped a bit far here Johnny.

People can't air a view on any wrongdoing just in case they are wrong because Hillsborough.  

6 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

People can't air a view on any wrongdoing just in case they are wrong because Hillsborough.  

No problem with people airing concerns and possibilities, I’m sure I’ve done that myself.  It’s the smaller group who are certain and post all kinds of unsubstantiated nonsense with a real tone of nastiness mixed with cockiness over shite they’ve mainly made up in their own heads. There’s some really nasty definitive-shite views in this thread. Just nasty. 

I’ve also thought about the likeness to how the press and some fans treated us with Hillsborough and Heysel for a long time now, so it’s not a ‘jump to a view’ thing. I’ve felt it for a long time with some people here. 

As I say, discussion is fine. It’s the tone of some posts which is horrible, and familiar. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

The parents did wrong, they shouldn’t have left her. But people were calling for the search for the CHILD to stop because they didn’t like the parents. 

some of the things in this thread are horrific, from posters who you’d think would know better. If it turns out this cunt did take her then those people will say ‘well I didn’t know, we didn’t have all the info’. Well how about you don’t tar people as murderers until you do. 

TK admitted he frequented the websites dedicated to ‘proving’ the parents did it. Imagine having random cunts on the internet contacting you accusing you of murder. They wanted the parents to be guilty so they could be ‘right’. Ghoulish cunts. I’m surprised neither of the parents topped themselves. 

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

To this specific point I’ll put it this way. Reverse what you’re saying, and ask yourself is it ok for someone to question if Liverpool fans were partly responsible for the deaths at Hillsborough? The answer is, Yes, it’s ok to ask that question. But it’s HOW you ask. 

1) “But I don’t understand? Fans crushed other fans, so surely too many fans piled in and crushed their own fans, killing them?” Asked in a reasoned manner. I’ve had that question. When I spoke about the pens, no filing fans to the empty pens, gate being opened, no checks outside the ground, etc. I’d get a”wow” look. And “that’s horrific”. 

compare to option 2

2) “you were drunk and murdered your own fans.  Murderers. You pushed the gates”

Big difference. There’s too many Option 2’s on this thread. 

• Upvote 1

If they were GPs I they are probably very good at distancing themselves from the problems, which could come across cold. If it is their training, they have delivered it well. 

I see the point Johnny is making, absolutely, but I'm not comfortable at all with Hillsborough or Heysel being used on here. 

Up until a week or so ago I can see why there would be a large amount of people thinking the parents did it and yes of course at the very least we know they neglected their kids to go for dinner with friends. That said, whose parents haven't been guilty of similar? Its far from exclusive to the McCanns. Where were the kids of the other families they were sat with? I think people looked for a way to blame them right from the off and it has to be said that gerry McCann is quite a peculiar fella whereas the mum seems pretty genuine. Who knows how anyone would react in them situations? The blood and sniffer dog stuff is a big "woah fuck they might be culpable here" angle but the reality is she was probably taken by a horrible bastard and is unfortunately no longer alive. 

Anyway, I post like a cunt all the time so I will assume Johnnys posts are all aimed at me. Sorry Johnny. 

16 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

That Joanna Lees was really dodgy. Did you watch that Murder in the Outback thing on Channel 4 the last few weeks? When it comes to danger fucks she is Conference South to Foxy Knox's Premier League like but still... 

That Murder in the Outback was gripping. I changed my mind on who did it every 30mins. Having watched it all I still cant say they have the right man  

14 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I see the point Johnny is making, absolutely, but I'm not comfortable at all with Hillsborough or Heysel being used on here. 

Up until a week or so ago I can see why there would be a large amount of people thinking the parents did it and yes of course at the very least we know they neglected their kids to go for dinner with friends. That said, whose parents haven't been guilty of similar? Its far from exclusive to the McCanns. Where were the kids of the other families they were sat with? I think people looked for a way to blame them right from the off and it has to be said that gerry McCann is quite a peculiar fella whereas the mum seems pretty genuine. Who knows how anyone would react in them situations? The blood and sniffer dog stuff is a big "woah fuck they might be culpable here" angle but the reality is she was probably taken by a horrible bastard and is unfortunately no longer alive. 

Anyway, I post like a cunt all the time so I will assume Johnnys posts are all aimed at me. Sorry Johnny. 

Sniffer dogs are very unreliable as your only piece of evidence. A Netflix documentary did a topic on cadaver dogs and they have been used to convict many people who are equally as likely to be innocent. They are far from a Gil Grissom with four legs.

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

Would rep if I could but not heard back from Usher after I made him a lavish and frivilous offer for a Stu Monty.    

22 minutes ago, Dave D said:

That Murder in the Outback was gripping. I changed my mind on who did it every 30mins. Having watched it all I still cant say they have the right man  

Nuts wasn't it. I was convinced he was innocent especially in episodes 2 and 3 but 4 put me 50/50. 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

The parents did wrong, they shouldn’t have left her. But people were calling for the search for the CHILD to stop because they didn’t like the parents. 

some of the things in this thread are horrific, from posters who you’d think would know better. If it turns out this cunt did take her then those people will say ‘well I didn’t know, we didn’t have all the info’. Well how about you don’t tar people as murderers until you do. 

TK admitted he frequented the websites dedicated to ‘proving’ the parents did it. Imagine having random cunts on the internet contacting you accusing you of murder. They wanted the parents to be guilty so they could be ‘right’. Ghoulish cunts. I’m surprised neither of the parents topped themselves. 

Just read the first page - it’s Chris and Stronts that are mainly the problem isn’t it?

42 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Firstly, nope, the posts weren't aimed at you. There are tons of people making snidey comments, not just normal discussion.  I genuinely don't remember specifically your comments. I already know you're a bit of a cunt so I would have let it slide.

Secondly, I knew someone would, quite quickly, say they were uncomfortable with Hillsborough or Heysel being brought up. Good. Imagine how the McCanns feel? I find a lot of the comments based around an assumption of guilt with little to go on other than: 

They don't like their personality; 

They don't like that they're middle class ("a working class person would be called a murderer!" As said by person calling the McCanns murderers); 

The guilty until innocent vibe; 

The whole trial by Facebook/internet forum.

The don't look sad enough;

This is EXACTLY like the shite we've put up with for years from clueless bellends who'd just rather believe one thing and will never change their minds so instead shout the loudest.  The know for a fact that Liverpool fans killed their own fans.  They now know for a fact that the McCanns did it, and here how....! 

So I think, due to our lived experiences as Liverpool fans, the comparison with regards to guilt with no evidence is a similarity we are used to.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Good post. 

I've never looked much at the case, but from what little I have I think a lot of the rumours stem from two things. The first is that, as Brits and Americans sadly so often do, they seemed to intimate early on that the authorities of a poorer country were corrupt and/or lazy and shite and that if we were back in Blighty we'd have the whole thing boxed off in a couple of days. The Portuguese police seemed to respond to this by basically saying ' fuck you, you probably did it anyway' sank a couple of Super Bocks and went back to sleep on the porch. Then the Express, Mail etc, cunts that they are - started to go down that route as they realised there were clicks and readers in it. 

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Good post. 

I've never looked much at the case, but from what little I have I think a lot of the rumours stem from two things. The first is that, as Brits and Americans sadly so often do, they seemed to intimate early on that the Portuguese authorities were corrupt and/or shite and that if we were back in Blighty we'd have the whole things boxed off in a couple of days. The Portuguese police seemed to respond to this by basically saying ' fuck you, you probably did it anyway'. Then the Express, Mail etc, cunts that they are - started to go down that route as they realised there were clicks and readers in it. 

Aye.  And probably the best way to put it is that some responses on this thread would fit perfectly in the Readers Comments section of the Daily Mail or Express.  They'd have plenty of 'thumbs up'.

Just to add, I've no problem with people who think they may be guilty. Until someone is properly found guilty there will always be a level of suspicion, no matter how small.  It's how some are positive they are guilty, and how they vocalise it, and the reasons they give, that are abhorrent

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Just read the first page - it’s Chris and Stronts that are mainly the problem isn’t it?

I’ve read most of it.  If this is the fella that did it quite a few should be ashamed. Imagine some of them being on a jury, doesn’t bear thinking about. 

Then you should be more specific about who you are accusing, Johnny, especially as you've seen fit to introduce your Hillsborough accusations into this. At least then those people your referring to can respond should they so wish.

4 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Aye.  And probably the best way to put it is that some responses on this thread would fit perfectly in the Readers Comments section of the Daily Mail or Express.  They'd have plenty of 'thumbs up'.

Just to add, I've no problem with people who think they may be guilty. Until someone is properly found guilty there will always be a level of suspicion, no matter how small.  It's how some are positive they are guilty, and how they vocalise it, and the reasons they give, that are abhorrent

Spot on.  

As with every conspiracy as soon as one element is refuted or proved wrong they abandon that idea and move on the next one. 

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Then you should be more specific about who you are accusing, especially as you've seen fit to introduce your Hillsborough accusations into this. At least then those people your referring to can respond should they so wish.

Fuck me now evidence is needed! 

16 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Then you should be more specific about who you are accusing, Johnny, especially as you've seen fit to introduce your Hillsborough accusations into this. At least then those people your referring to can respond should they so wish.

"Hillsborough accusations"??????

5 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

"Hillsborough accusations"??????

You’ve likened posts to this.

2) “you were drunk and murdered your own fans.  Murderers. You pushed the gates”

Big difference. There’s too many Option 2’s on this thread. 

10 minutes ago, Anubis said:

You’ve likened posts to this.

Ah, ok.  What you mean is I was accusing people of acting like the cunts who made their minds up at the start and then look for things to 'prove' their already ill-informed opinion?  Usually with an already in-bedded dislike of the peoples involved?  Yes.  I have accused some posters of doing that and used an example of where we say it happen to us. 

Now if you think I'm going to go back over the 57 pages and write down all the names of the people I think have acted like that and then type them up in here, then you are sorely mistaken.

I've got an easier way.  If you've seen my explanations in the posts above of the type of peoples attitudes I am referring to, and you think I might mean you*, then I do.

*as in all the posters, not you specifically