You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Selling arrangements for final...

dave u

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had 4 cards in the ballot, 3 successful. The lad with the unsuccessful card wasn't going to go anyway, but we had someone lined up for it.

Can't believe it, I had ruled out going completely. :party: :party:

Be interesting to see if there is some sort of pattern emerging between the winners. Two of us went to Istanbul, and the other paid for our FA Cup semi-final tickets last season via CC in the ballot. My own gut feeling is that the ballot maybe rigged towards people who have some sort of track record with the Club. Plus I filled in the survey the other week. Maybe bollocks though.

We had 4 cards in the ballot, 3 successful. The lad with the unsuccessful card wasn't going to go anyway, but we had someone lined up for it.

Can't believe it, I had ruled out going completely. :party: :party:

Be interesting to see if there is some sort of pattern emerging between the winners. Two of us went to Istanbul, and the other paid for our FA Cup semi-final tickets last season via CC in the ballot. My own gut feeling is that the ballot maybe rigged towards people who have some sort of track record with the Club. Plus I filled in the survey the other week. Maybe bollocks though.

This is the fucking problem!!! People who've been going the game for years and lost out in the ballot are getting fucked. Cos silly cunts who had no intention of going the match who qualify in the ballot are gonna give their tickets to some scumbag mate who goes the match once or twice a season, but fancies a bit of sun in Greece !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shitbags

I have been to every european away this year and most over the last 8years. I have been on meaningless pre season tours in europe, to the US and canada and also went to Japan for a week for the world club championship. I have been to most aways games now for 12 years. I have been going to every home game since 1990-91. (Missed a few in last couple of years due to working in london). Every cup final and super cup in monaco etc.

I filled in their shitty survey.

If that isnt a rcent track record then I aint sure what is. There are people with a lot, lot more of a connection too who have missed out.

End of day its my own fault for not using my fancard for the homes but thats not helping me at the moment.

My own gut feeling is that the ballot maybe rigged towards people who have some sort of track record with the Club. Plus I filled in the survey the other week. Maybe bollocks though.

Me and my mates have been season ticket holders for over 10 years and between us, we've covered every game that Liverpool have played at home in Europe. A few of us have been away in Europe during that time (not this season though - d'oh!) and have loads of Prem aways each season.

This is the fucking problem!!! People who've been going the game for years and lost out in the ballot are getting fucked. Cos silly cunts who had no intention of going the match who qualify in the ballot are gonna give their tickets to some scumbag mate who goes the match once or twice a season, but fancies a bit of sun in Greece !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shitbags

Oi dickhead, the reason why he wasn't going to go is because he couldn't afford it.

I have been to every european away this year and most over the last 8years. I have been on meaningless pre season tours in europe, to the US and canada and also went to Japan for a week for the world club championship. I have been to most aways games now for 12 years. I have been going to every home game since 1990-91. (Missed a few in last couple of years due to working in london). Every cup final and super cup in monaco etc.

I filled in their shitty survey.

If that isnt a rcent track record then I aint sure what is. There are people with a lot, lot more of a connection too who have missed out.

End of day its my own fault for not using my fancard for the homes but thats not helping me at the moment.

I was just thinking aloud really. I'm not at all convinced about the randomness of the ballot, and was just wondering if there would be any discernible pattern amonst the winners.

Already had one with being an ex-shareholder.

Also bought two from a Celtic fan who applied in the official UEFA ballot.

And was successful in the ballot.

Commiserations to those who couldn't get one.

The club fucked up good style. You should have had to apply for the ballot- given that I've already got tickets from two other avenues, I wouldn't have applied for the ballot and somebody else could have had a crack at one.

Oi dickhead, the reason why he wasn't going to go is because he couldn't afford it.

Fucking prick, I'm not having a go at your mate who cant afford to go. I'm criticising that you already had someone boxed off for the 4th ticket. Showing there's gonna be pricks all over Athens

I was just thinking aloud really. I'm not at all convinced about the randomness of the ballot, and was just wondering if there would be any discernible pattern amonst the winners.

Yeah see what you mean. Not convinced at all. In fact I think its the most corrupt thing I have ever seen!

Fucking prick, I'm not having a go at your mate who cant afford to go. I'm criticising that you already had someone boxed off for the 4th ticket. Showing there's gonna be pricks all over Athens

"Cos silly cunts who had no intention of going the match who qualify in the ballot are gonna give their tickets to some scumbag mate"

I think referring to somebody as 'a silly cunt' can be construed as criticism.

I accept you have a point regarding giving the ticket to somebody that would not otherwise qualify, but in mitigation it would have been handed over at face value, and would not have been accepted at all if this person hadn't wanted it - there will be more than a few people accepting tickets for the express purpose of selling them on at hugely inflated prices.

Also, referring to that somebody as a 'scumbag mate' is a bit much, but it's an emotional time, so I'm just going to leave it.

I reckon the breakdown is more like this;

17,000 available tickets.

4000 to ST/FC holders with more than 7 credits or more.

3-4000 to shareholders/corporate members/sponsors and players.

Which leaves say 9 thousand in the ballot, which would give odds of about 1 in 3. Either way something isn't right.