You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Quick question from a yank

theghost

My brother and I are planning a trip over the Christmas holiday next year to catch the Reds (hopefully..). Just wondering how easy it will be for us to obtain tickets, a place to stay, how much to bring, etc. etc. etc. Planning on staying 1-2 weeks.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

if you`re staying in liverpool for a week or two, you`re best renting a small apartment in the middle of the city, try renting an apartment for that time, id imagine hotel fees would be extortinate

heres a link, just for starters anyway, i just did a quick google for it http://www.liverpoolholidayflats.co.uk/

as for tickets, i live in Ireland, so im in the same boat as you, you just gotta ring the ticket office non stop until you get through, ive never used a tout myself, i guess thats another option

maybe some local lads here would have a better idea

Try e-mailing the club telling them that you are coming next year and just spin them a yarn about it being your 1st trip to Anfield and that you are lifelong reds and they will probably sort you out.

Thats a very good idea, I heard that work for a mate before.

Send the application a few days before the official postal application date as well. Getting a place shouldnt be too bad as long as you book early. I am sure people on here can help you with the tickets if you mention it early enough.

Thats a very good idea, I heard that work for a mate before.

Send the application a few days before the official postal application date as well. Getting a place shouldnt be too bad as long as you book early. I am sure people on here can help you with the tickets if you mention it early enough.

That's what I had hoped to hear. I have a feeling that one way or another, if we make it, that we'll get to at least one match.

I only know him from watching a slam dunk competition that my brother made me watch when I was a kid, then I picked the supersonics in every NBA game i played for the rest of my days. He went to america for the summer and came back all americanised. It wore off thankfully otherwise he would be calling me a douchebag in an irish accent. That would make me want to cut his throat while hes sleeping. No offence.

i'm certain that contacting the club is your best bet for tickets, i would personally do it well before the date you are coming over and then a second letter before the tickets go on sale.

As fivetimes said though, its almost a given that someone on here can get you a ticket if required for a game, providing its not united or everton i reckon. Only thing with that is you might have to sit separately fi you rely on people to sort you out, whereas the club will get you two together if they sort you out.

go for around $6 a pint for beer. england can be pretty expensive. If you fly into ldn then you can book hotels and train tickets in advance but around xmas it'll be hard to get to get cheap tickets.

klm go via amsterdam to ldn it was the cheapest way for us to get to seattle, but with northwest airlines and they suck dick in terms of quality but cheapish. check their site well in advance.

Try e-mailing the club telling them that you are coming next year and just spin them a yarn about it being your 1st trip to Anfield and that you are lifelong reds and they will probably sort you out.

Thats your best bet for tickets mate, without using a tout.

go for around $6 a pint for beer. england can be pretty expensive. If you fly into ldn then you can book hotels and train tickets in advance but around xmas it'll be hard to get to get cheap tickets.

klm go via amsterdam to ldn it was the cheapest way for us to get to seattle, but with northwest airlines and they suck dick in terms of quality but cheapish. check their site well in advance.

I live in ldn.

Not strictly legal, but if you wanna get around the weak dollar at the moment then you could always buy another currency that offers a better rate of exchange and then use that currency to buy your pounds Stirling.

This is called “money laundering”.

I do it all the time. It is good.

Not strictly legal, but if you wanna get around the weak dollar at the moment then you could always buy another currency that offers a better rate of exchange and then use that currency to buy your pounds Stirling.

Im telling :tease:

If you do it on the same day, it won't make any difference, only that you'll pay more in bank commission.

It's also known as hedging. It can go the wrong way as well.

so anyway back on topic.

two weeks around xmas, bring some serious cash and if you wanna give london a miss try to fly straight into manchester.

or you could do

seattle, amsterdam, go all purple haze for a day or two check out the local art galleries, london, spend a fortune on shit, flat lager and get pushed around clueless night shoppers, liverpool for a game or two. around xmas they'll be two games you could get to depending on the fixtures. this year it the 23rd and 26th.

there's plenty of options depending in your budget. you could always try and bum a night or two with someone off here.

so anyway back on topic.

two weeks around xmas, bring some serious cash and if you wanna give london a miss try to fly straight into manchester.

or you could do

seattle, amsterdam, go all purple haze for a day or two check out the local art galleries, london, spend a fortune on shit, flat lager and get pushed around clueless night shoppers, liverpool for a game or two. around xmas they'll be two games you could get to depending on the fixtures. this year it the 23rd and 26th.

there's plenty of options depending in your budget. you could always try and bum a night or two with someone off here.

Mmmm haze in amsterdam sounds delicious. I don't really care where or how, just want to see the reds. It's really the agenda of my life at this point, before I die I want to watch the reds, kop end. A win would be nice for the effort but its not entirely necessary.

well to be honest an away game around xmas would be good. the atmos is generally more fun away. this year its blackburn which we'll be going to with our mates from up there. we get 7000 so if its the same next year keep it in mind.

of course i guess your plan is to get on the kop which should be good around xmas. if push comes to shove you can always chance it outside with a tout.