You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Orange Telecoms moving to India

Slam Daniels

This is a follow-up to the Magners Cider thread. I'm pretty fucked, but...

Just picked up my Orange phone bill whilst at a mates house (drinking cider, obviously) and saw that the bill was huge. Called them up to ask what the hell was going on (I worded it differently on the phone) and it was a mistake on their part.

In my semi-inebriated state, I asked if it was true in the news that Orange was moving its call centres were moving to India.

"I'm afraid it's true," he said. So I said "Please note that I'm not fucking happy with this shit."

I thought I would have got cut-off as his call was being recorded and I was obviously a 02:15am weirdo, but it didn't. He laughed and said "I'd be delighted to note that on your account." He then told me that the reason for them moving is because it's cheaper. I had a bit of a discussion on the phone, sort of like the one you have with a taxi driver about the country going to the dogs, and have promised to send an E-Mail to Orange re this. I'm going to do this BEFORE I sober up. Should make good reading.

Can't believe Orange are moving over to India. I speak on the phone with them regularly for various things, such as payment queries, asking how I stop cunts from sending me text messages that I haven't asked for and getting regular upgrades to my phone.

They can fuck right off now. I'm moving to a mobile operator where the customer service people will be able to understand me. Definitely not O2, whose call centre is also in India.

I'm about to write my E-Mail to Orange now. I'm going to use the word 'cunt' more than Tom R.

Anybody know if I can legally cancel my contract with Orange due to this massive change in service?

Also, anybody else moving from Orange due to this?

So do I. The bubble will burst soon enough.

Communism beckons.

I left 3 for this reason. The people in their call centre spoke only perfunctory English. If you used anything akin to everyday rather than queen's English you were fucked, and they only seemed to know scripted answers, which if you deviated from, led to untold panic. Hate it. Am now with Vodafone: expensive but the call centre's here.

I left 3 for this reason. The people in their call centre spoke only perfunctory English. If you used anything akin to everyday rather than queen's English you were fucked, and they only seemed to know scripted answers, which if you deviated from, led to untold panic. Hate it. Am now with Vodafone: expensive but the call centre's here.

You are right. I'm with 3 and have given up on numerous calls to Customer Services. Last weekend I rang up to get a new battery as mine has packed up. Boy that was hard work.

Sky have also moved their call centre to India. I rang them last week to have the sports put on and the Indian lady told me it was going to cost nearly £100!!! I disputed that charge, and she got very irate announcing in a very stern voice - "Will you listen to me?".

I threatened to cancel, and told her this on about 3 occasions before she put me through to their Call Centre in Livingston. Of course it wasn't going to cost anything like £100, however the Scottish girl told me that "their system wasn't working properly" so the Indian girl was getting the "wrong pricing information" from the computer. :whistle:

I've got a mate at work who is obsessed with Orange and the mobile phone they provide him with. Apparently there are internet forums entirely dedicated to the discussion of mobile phones and he spends a similar proportion of his life on that forum as I do on this. I suddenly feel much happier with myself. That's it.

I’m with 02 and have contacted them a good few occasions recently. I never got an Indian call centre once but maybe that was luck. A lot of company’s are actually moving back out of India now as it has not been as cost effective as they thought as customers will move to someone who is located in GB, as will is going to do. We outsorce or data entry to india and it causes no end of probblems. :no

I called Orange recently, was on the phone for over an hour with an Indian call centre got nowhere (Thankfully it was a free phone number), called the number for buying new services and that call centre was in the UK, explained my issue and they fixed it in 5 mins, told the girl about my horrendous call with the Indian call centre and I had a similar call to Will Robbo's, and she asked me to send in an email of complaint. I fucking hate ringing Sky as well, if it wasn't for the fact that you can do everything through the handset I would never watch Prem Plus.

Just picked up my Orange phone bill whilst at a mates house (drinking cider, obviously) and saw that the bill was huge. Called them up to ask what the hell was going on (I worded it differently on the phone) and it was a mistake on their part.

In my semi-inebriated state, I asked if it was true in the news that Orange was moving its call centres were moving to India.

"I'm afraid it's true," he said. So I said "Please note that I'm not fucking happy with this shit."

I thought I would have got cut-off as his call was being recorded and I was obviously a 02:15am weirdo, but it didn't. He laughed and said "I'd be delighted to note that on your account." He then told me that the reason for them moving is because it's cheaper. I had a bit of a discussion on the phone, sort of like the one you have with a taxi driver about the country going to the dogs, and have promised to send an E-Mail to Orange re this. I'm going to do this BEFORE I sober up. Should make good reading.

Can't believe Orange are moving over to India. I speak on the phone with them regularly for various things, such as payment queries, asking how I stop cunts from sending me text messages that I haven't asked for and getting regular upgrades to my phone.

They can fuck right off now. I'm moving to a mobile operator where the customer service people will be able to understand me. Definitely not O2, whose call centre is also in India.

I'm about to write my E-Mail to Orange now. I'm going to use the word 'cunt' more than Tom R.

Anybody know if I can legally cancel my contract with Orange due to this massive change in service?

Sorry to prove you wrong here Will but our call centres our in Runcorn, Leeds, Glasgow and Cardiff. In our Cardiff and Leeds centres there are a lot of the asian community who work for us. None in India, but we do have a team that works in India and I share your frustration to a point, as their understanding of an irate englishmans email, is not sympathetic in the slightest.

I've got a mate at work who is obsessed with Orange and the mobile phone they provide him with. Apparently there are internet forums entirely dedicated to the discussion of mobile phones and he spends a similar proportion of his life on that forum as I do on this. I suddenly feel much happier with myself. That's it.

gsm-arena is one of them PHONE NERD ALERT FORUM

whatever don't go to T-mobile, just cancelled my deals with them, Uk call centre but staffed by about 2 people who have no leeway when it comes to keeping custom and it just looks as if they don't want your business. Got a month to sort out new contracts and was thinking of orange to be honest as their online deals looked ok, lots of 1/2 price rental

The Count spent a month working for Orange, at Vertex in Kirkby. India would be an improvement. The Count used to have to answer phones sat next to people in their pyjamas. Hardly fitting for a count.

The Count spent a month working for Orange, at Vertex in Kirkby. India would be an improvement. The Count used to have to answer phones sat next to people in their pyjamas. Hardly fitting for a count.

Were they orange (the colour, not the company) people, of the female variety?

Yes, kopitegaz.

Oh dear. Poor count. What a terrible time you have had. Firstly your return from Cardiff experience and now you've had to recall a time amongst the tango girls.

Count - I do believe we should be a double act (Yoda and The Count), offering pearls of wisdom where necessary.

T-mobile used to be bollocks but I found there latest contracts direct from the site spot on, cheap. (£26.25 for £180 calls is imense)

And they've always been sexy sounding jocks on the phone who laugh at your jokes and actually help! whats better than that

Count, I have worked for Vertex, I cried every night

Guest molbyscorchio

I have this very day taken ownership of an orange mobile. Spent 20 minutes on queueing on their phone system before I could even register the blighter. Made the leap from 02 as they are crap and expensive, but maybe they're all as bad as each other? What a depressing thought.

T-mobile used to be bollocks but I found there latest contracts direct from the site spot on, cheap. (£26.25 for £180 calls is imense)

And they've always been sexy sounding jocks on the phone who laugh at your jokes and actually help! whats better than that

10pm finishes. Nice.

I was on the phone to customer services for the electricity board in sweden the other day as we had a power cut and the bloke asked me if i was english and then started slagging off chelsea. then 10 mins later an engineer phones me to tell me that the leccy has been back on since 8.17 a.m. That's service!

Why do people from Indian call centres insist on using the most English-sounding names imaginable when they call you at 9:30am on a Saturday morning?

I had the pleasure of trying to renew my car insurance with Esure with "Adrian" who was ssssooo quite clearly not an Adrian. It took forever. I presume he must have been in booth A in the Mumbai call centre and his friend's Brian and Colin were next door and next door but one respectively.

I had the pleasure of trying to renew my car insurance with Esure with "Adrian" who was ssssooo quite clearly not an Adrian. It took forever. I presume he must have been in booth A in the Mumbai call centre and his friend's Brian and Colin were next door and next door but one respectively.

Yep, the best one I had was 'John Williams' from the Abbey, trying to flog me a loan.

He even paused before announcing his name as if he had to check his script! Cheeky fucker didn't even ask for me by name, he asked for 'the person in the house who owns a credit card'.

Seriously though, next time I get a call from an Indian call centre I will quiz them on all things English. Such as, do you eat beans with a fry up? How many teams take part in the Boat Race? What time is the Eastenders omnibus repeated on a Sunday? And other such English institutions......

If they announced their proper name rather than trying to trick people into thinking they are English then I might not get so annoyed by it. In fact I'd probably treat them just the same as I would when I get any other cold calls.

'NO, NOT INTERESTED, FUCK OFF!'

'the person in the house who owns a credit card'

:D fucking brilliant. They should all be that ballsy.

And at the same time, they should all be prepared for me to scream 'YOU FUCKING STUPID COLD CALLING CUNTS' back at them.

(My office is at home so get a lot of this shite, makes me a tiny bit incredible hulk most days).