You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham game

Bill

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Predictably inconsistent.

People said since pre-season that if we don't buy players of sufficent quality, in area's that need strengthening, then we won't improve and it's being proved.

[sPace reserved for Moschops to insert inane 'say you want Rafa sacked' comment]

The day after the transfer window shut, I said we'd fucked up horrendously and the first half of the season could well be a nightmare. Was that inane too?

I think people should have the bollocks to say what they really mean, rather than tiptoeing around the subject like a schoolgirl. If that's inane, well, at least it's an honest opinion.

But be happy - we lost.

The day after the transfer window shut, I said we'd fucked up horrendously and the first half of the season could well be a nightmare. Was that inane too?

I think people should have the bollocks to say what they really mean, rather than tiptoeing around the subject like a schoolgirl. If that's inane, well, at least it's an honest opinion.

But be happy - we lost.

I've always said what I really mean, be it about Crouch, Cisse, the club, it's results despite the abuse from you and others because I dare to question.

If I haven't said Sack Rafa it's because I don't think we should (and still don't) and you repeating it over and over at anyone who dares to say we are struggling doesn't make it the case.

Hopefully Charlton can beat Portsmouth for us at the moment and hopefully Boro beat West Brom for us tomorrow ;)

Even worse, let's hope Chelsea can do us a favour Sunday!!!!

:sick:

Ok so things aren't that bad at the moment but let's make sure they stay rooted.

As I said on another thread its happened so often in the last ten years we really should'nt be shocked/suprised/upset/angry/pissed off*

*delete where appropriate.

Not this bad it hasn't. Only 10 points from the first 8 games, the worst start for 13 seasons.

But be happy - we lost.

No one is happy we lost, they never are. But it was clear from a long time ago that the right moves hadn't been made yet a lot of people on here act as though criticising the decisions is tantemount to blasphemy. You more than most.

I've always said what I really mean, be it about Crouch, Cisse, the club, it's results despite the abuse from you and others because I dare to question.

If I haven't said Sack Rafa it's because I don't think we should (and still don't) and you repeating it over and over at anyone who dares to say we are struggling doesn't make it the case.

Fair enough - but I remember the last time we had this conversation, I asked why you wanted Benitez as manager (as you said you did then too). You never answered, and I'm still genuinely curious about what it is about him you think makes him the best man for the job?

Not this bad it hasn't. Only 10 points from the first 8 games, the worst start for 13 seasons.

Ahhh but I said ten years ;)

No seriously I can't disagree with you Hermes. We usually have a good start followed by a collapse around Nov/dec, but the next three league games will dictate the rest of this season.

It might have got as far as physcological now I dont know. We just dont seem to have the belief that we do in Europe. If today was called "A Champions League game" we'd of battered them

I think the reason we do better in europe is because it's a knockout.

If all we have to do is go out and hang on then we can do that with ease. When we have to go out and earn points we find it a lot more difficult.

No one is happy we lost, they never are. But it was clear from a long time ago that the right moves hadn't been made yet a lot of people on here act as though criticising the decisions is tantemount to blasphemy. You more than most.

Don't be so shrill. Just because I don't think much of your analysis doesn't mean the same applies to everyone else's.

Fair enough - but I remember the last time we had this conversation, I asked why you wanted Benitez as manager (as you said you did then too). You never answered, and I'm still genuinely curious about what it is about him you think makes him the best man for the job?

I did answer you.

I said because I can't think of a single person we could replace him with. There are very few managers with a better record than him, the problem is records don't win you games and he needs to do something to change it, doesn't mean I want him sacked and doesn't mean I don't support him.

so what do we reckon is the solltuion?

spend big in janu\ry on a right winger which we havent had since letting Mcmannaman go all them years ago, or sack the manager, and get, a manager that knows the premiership?

im baffled O_o

Sacking Benitez would be incredibly stupid.

personally, i dont wanna sack him

but, he has had 3 transfer windows to address our biggest problem area, right wing, since we let macca go to Madrid, what, 7 years ago, we havent replaced him

i mean, how hard is it to see we need a new right winger, he had all summer to get 1, but waited for a bargain basemant deal on deadline day and we got shafted,

we have to rick it all in january and buy someone BIG for that position, oh, and sell that spanish stick Morientes, he`s fucking crap

I did answer you.

I said because I can't think of a single person we could replace him with. There are very few managers with a better record than him, the problem is records don't win you games and he needs to do something to change it, doesn't mean I want him sacked and doesn't mean I don't support him.

Fair do's, I must have missed that. I don't know, I can see why you're so unenthusiastic about the man if the only reason you can think of for him staying is that there's no-one better available. The results are obviously not good enough at the moment, so it's clear something's got to change.

personally, i dont wanna sack him

but, he has had 3 transfer windows to address our biggest problem area, right wing, since we let macca go to Madrid, what, 7 years ago, we havent replaced him

i mean, how hard is it to see we need a new right winger, he had all summer to get 1, but waited for a bargain basemant deal on deadline day and we got shafted,

we have to rick it all in january and buy someone BIG for that position, oh, and sell that spanish stick Morientes, he`s fucking crap

Morientes is a problem. For whatever reason he is finding it hard to adapt.