You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

People have been sharing videos of people in London tonight who were waving Palestinian flags and have accused them of “celebrating the murder of Jews.”

No accompanying chants, slogans, words. Just the waving of flags. 

Robert Jenrick has even got involved and asked the Met to investigate. 

Surely there’s a sliding scale on this? It could be viewed as a bit insensitive to wave the Palestinian flag, but is insensitivity a crime? Is it really such a straightforward conclusion that anybody waving a Palestinian flag today is celebrating the murder of Jews? I don’t think that’s necessarily the case. People might be celebrated their long term nemesis getting a bloody nose, so to speak. Or that their brothers and sisters, in the wider sense, have temporarily liberated themselves and returned to their ancestral homelands, albeit briefly. 

I think it’s a massive leap to witness waving of the Palestinian flag and to jump instantly to “they’re celebrating the murder of Jews.” 

Rather, I think that pro-Israel/zionists have always viewed the Palestinian flag as a form of kryptonite and may be trying to tarnish it’s image and falsely class it as an expression of Jew hatred. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

While I get Palestinian justifiable sense of injustice and oppression I get the feeling this is less to do with fighting for justice and freedom and more to do with Muslims killing Jews and Jews killing Muslims.

pretty much.

Founding goal of Hamas was an ethnic cleansing of the jews so its a bit wild to be supporting these acts by Hamas and pretend its not terorrism

8 minutes ago, Planet Origi said:

What the fuck is your problem you massive chip shouldered weirdo? You can't just throw whataboutery into this you dense cunt. This shit goes back generations. None of us have a solution and it's a touch more complex than a jihadist cheerleading bellend like you could possibly comprehend. On what level is it OK to drag civilians out of their cars and murder them on the street? Dickhead.