You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Sun 7th Apr 2024 (3:30pm)

27 minutes ago, Pidge said:

They are being utter fucking fannies. The catastrophising is more annoying than the Utd fans on my WhatsApp.

The forwards much worse than Quansah, who mishit a pass. It fucking happens. Should have been a consolation at best.

Regardless, we're in a race, arsenal now top of the table, a position they are allergic to. Let's not shit the bed.

He was fucking outstanding apart from that pass, Quansah. Devastating for him.

Tell you what lads, I’m up for this Amorim fella if he makes us more clinical and stops us conceding stupid fucking goals.

Feel like you could ask our squad the question “what does game management mean” and you’d get nothing but blank stares in reply.

Ive slighty come down really shit the bed like i had dodgy vindaloo when those cunts 2-1 up the amount of chances we miss is scandalous Jota really cannot come back soon enough.The real concern is the defense we just dont look like we can see out a game 1-0 up and why was Konate playing thursday knowing his injury record when this game was where really needed him .Still we are very much in this race so common reds

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, let's be honest, it's basically his fault. People will cover for him, team could have been better, forwards could have scored more etc, etc... but he handed them the momentum and the result really. Shame, but it is what it is.

Didn't veron do a similar thing many years ago when arsenal beat utd to the title. 

Roy Keane famously called veron out for it. 

I'm not advocating anything that cunt does, but how many mistakes have we made in big games, it's frightening how many we make. 

Just now, Anubis said:

I know. I’m just pissed off that the term hysterical fannies gets thrown about. There is no need for it. 

Don't think it's pointed at you mate but imo there seemed to be almost a certain glee from some posters that we were losing going by their posts today. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Reckon Allison would have saved their second. He had miles of goal to aim for. 

Thought the same.  Kelleher has been great but you can't afford to lose such a key player for half the season and expect to win the league.  It could still happen but would be an unbelievable achievement all things considered.

35 minutes ago, Dapower said:

Some proper bed pissing on here come on 7 to go a hard derby out the way and level on points 

A derby!? Fuck off. Manchester is practically another country. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Moo said:

Talk of not being clinical and not having the killer instinct, it's entirely possible these players just aren't quite good enough to win the league. Especially considering injuries we're definitely in a "false" position - in inverted commas as the manager is as important as any player in the team and Klopp gives us so much, he enables us to play above ourselves. 

I don't think we were arrogant today or casual (except for Quansah's mistake but he's an inexperienced kid) we just weren't good enough going forward, bad decisions and bad finishing. Does anyone think Diaz, Nunez and Salah2 are anywhere.enqr the level of Mane, Firmino, and Salah1? They're not a patch on them.

100% correct.

I made up my mind about Nunez today. He is a donkey with limited skills and is so unintelligent that he is in offside ridicilously often. Bad finisher too.

The Salah we had in 2020 was one of the best in the world. The 2024 version is not fit for playing in a top team.

Keep Diaz and Jota, get rid of the others, buy 3 forwards with skills who can actually shoot.

4 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

He was fucking outstanding apart from that pass, Quansah. Devastating for him.

Tell you what lads, I’m up for this Amorim fella if he makes us more clinical and stops us conceding stupid fucking goals.

Feel like you could ask our squad the question “what does game management mean” and you’d get nothing but blank stares in reply.

I thought he was mainly good but his use of the ball after we went behind was poor too and generally long on to Maguire's head.

He's young and needs to learn so I don't want to be too critical but unfortunately the place to learn was not today.

33 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Speaking as a confirmed hysterical fanny, some of you lot need to get a fucking grip. One draw in what's our biggest remaining game. I'll take that. 

I think it’s a generational divide. There are those of us who remember Houllier, Voronin, El Hadj Douff (not sure about the spelling) etc . Anyone from that generation isn’t calling this team a bunch of bottlers or cunts when they are one point off the lead with 7 games to go. 

• Upvote 3

The finishing is a bit of a secondary talking point to me anyway. Like, can we win a game 0-1? Ever? We held them to literally nothing in the first half. Why couldn't we continue something like that? We shouldn't have to score 3 times per game every game.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Question. If we won today whilst obviously beneficial would it have meant we would definitely have won the league? If so, does that mean today’s draw means we definitely won’t?

If we had won today, even I would have admitted we were in with a chance (possibly, if I was pissed).

The fact that we didn't win (lose, draw didn't matter which) just confirms that we definitely won't win it.

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Question. If we won today whilst obviously beneficial would it have meant we would definitely have won the league? If so, does that mean today’s draw means we definitely won’t?

Equalising to get the point was huge.

Mac Allister was excellent again, I thought. An absolutely world class midfielder.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Captain Willard said:

I think it’s a generational divide. There are those of us who remember Houllier, Voronin, El Hadj Douff (not sure about the spelling) etc . Anyone from that generation isn’t calling this team a bunch of bottlers or cunts when they are one point off the lead with 7 games to go. 

Well that's bollocks, I was an Anfield regular during the post 2001 Houllier dark days, and this team today are a bunch of fucking bottlers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4