You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cheating on Football/Championship manager?

So  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

I was a big cheat on it.

Would be saving it, before a match and going back until I won.

Also take over our rivals, sell their best players and play strikers as GK until I got sacked.

Did/do you play it straight or a massive cheat like me?

Haven’t owned a copy for years but I wasn’t averse to having a save with the Sugar Daddy cheat on. I’ve been known to scum save it too. 

I remember Premier Manager ‘98 on the PS1. You could play multiplayer. Liverpool as your main team, then take turns gutting the other clubs of their best players and money. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Haven’t owned a copy for years but I wasn’t averse to having a save with the Sugar Daddy cheat on. I’ve been known to scum save it too. 

I remember Premier Manager ‘98 on the PS1. You could play multiplayer. Liverpool as your main team, then take turns gutting the other clubs of their best players and money. 

Yes.

Ive not played it for a while, but I do recall being able to have more money, but then you get judged quicker.

It was absolutely ideal for the amount of cheating I’d do.

I worked obsessively on the database changing ages, nationality, stadiums, job roles, facilities, finances, everything to start a club which I'd start in the lowest possible British league meaning a Sixteen year old Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Gerrard et al were turning out against brickies in Blue Square North.

Obviously they'd win the league every year, under the expert tutelage of youth manager, Guardiola, and Assistant Manager, Klopp, and their hand selected world class back office team.

I was a hands off manger at let them and their respective teams get on with the boring stuff like playing and winning games.

I had them all locked into 50 year 10k contracts meaning they could never be sold and I never needed to give them new contracts.

My only input was to read the end of season reports and then use the Genie Manager program to find regens with +185 PA and move them to my team, obviously changing key details about them in editor to make things more simple.

I was unsupassed and won the league, conservatively 30 seasons running, with about 25 European Cup and godknows how many domestic.

They named the stadium after as me I was the most successful manager in history and oversaw the first trillion pound income club.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I was a big cheat on it.

Would be saving it, before a match and going back until I won.

Also take over our rivals, sell their best players and play strikers as GK until I got sacked.

Did/do you play it straight or a massive cheat like me?

Hell no. 

I can't swear I've never "scummed" anything but it tends to be if I mistake and don't register someone for Europe or things like that. 

You are really cheating yourself if you play like that. 

7 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Hell no. 

I can't swear I've never "scummed" anything but it tends to be if I mistake and don't register someone for Europe or things like that. 

You are really cheating yourself if you play like that. 

Sorry dad.

• Upvote 1

Yes. I started a game as Arsenal once, back when they had a great team under Wenger & Aliadière went on to become the best player the word had ever seen. 

Took notes who the best young players coming into the game would be. 

Started a new game as Liverpool, bought all said best young players. Also took over  Newcastle and bought Dyer & Woodgate for really low fees and then sold them all our dross (of which there was a lot at the time) and basically had the most a successful period of any side in the history of football. 

Aliadière & Le Tellac were the combo Zidane and Henry could only dream of. 

You used to be able to offer a fortune for a player, get the bid accepted then you’d go in and edit the bid to fuck all and the transfer would still go through. 

I also used to add a few more managers and buy my shot players for a fortune. 

Not done it in years though. I went Pompey and decided to do it without any cheating and it was far more fun. 

I'd cheat all the time and celebrate my titles like I earnt them. The only real time I managed was getting Woking to the Premier league on premier manager. Good game that was you used to upgrade you stadium and increase money from sponsorship boards with the more success you had.

30 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

My boy is big into it. He starts off in the Polish or Norwegian lower leagues. Never uses the editor, the sugar daddy, or the scum saving. 

Fuck that. 

He'll go far. We might as well include him in future manager poll. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I worked obsessively on the database changing ages, nationality, stadiums, job roles, facilities, finances, everything to start a club which I'd start in the lowest possible British league meaning a Sixteen year old Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Gerrard et al were turning out against brickies in Blue Square North.

Obviously they'd win the league every year, under the expert tutelage of youth manager, Guardiola, and Assistant Manager, Klopp, and their hand selected world class back office team.

I was a hands off manger at let them and their respective teams get on with the boring stuff like playing and winning games.

I had them all locked into 50 year 10k contracts meaning they could never be sold and I never needed to give them new contracts.

My only input was to read the end of season reports and then use the Genie Manager program to find regens with +185 PA and move them to my team, obviously changing key details about them in editor to make things more simple.

I was unsupassed and won the league, conservatively 30 seasons running, with about 25 European Cup and godknows how many domestic.

They named the stadium after as me I was the most successful manager in history and oversaw the first trillion pound income club.

This is cheating that the 5 families would be proud of.

Fair play to you.

Of course I've cheated at CM/FM, everyone has. 

I'm currently at pre-season in 2031/32 of a network game of FM13 with some friends. We started it in lockdown and that was the most recent version we all already owned. We play most weeks and it's immense fun, with no cheating (other than exploiting youth intake days).

I got sacked from Cardiff within months of the game starting and then got the Watford job, with them bottom of the Championship ship. We've now won 8 PLs, 4CLs and about 30 other trophies in what has been described by some as "The Hornet Bastard Dynasty". It's very competitive but our four teams of Watford, Derby and West Ham have risen to the top alongside Arsenal to be the best teams in the world.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Karl_b said:

Of course I've cheated at CM/FM, everyone has. 

I'm currently at pre-season in 2031/32 of a network game of FM13 with some friends. We started it in lockdown and that was the most recent version we all already owned. We play most weeks and it's immense fun, with no cheating (other than exploiting youth intake days).

I got sacked from Cardiff within months of the game starting and then got the Watford job, with them bottom of the Championship ship. We've now won 8 PLs, 4CLs and about 30 other trophies in what has been described by some as "The Hornet Bastard Dynasty". It's very competitive but our four teams of Watford, Derby and West Ham have risen to the top alongside Arsenal to be the best teams in the world.

They’ve not renamed the stadium after you?

I used to play and keep an eye out on cheap and young players who went on yo be really good. When that game ran it's course, I'd go to my notes and know who to sign. 

I didn't like saving before a big game. It took the nervousness out of the situation.

Used the editor to give myself either a million seater or billion seater stadium, can't remember which now, but couldn't spend the money fast enough. Think Bootle FC ended up accounting for 2/3s of the country's GDP through the gate receipts. Could get anyone

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Some people need to remember that it's a computer game.

When you play Super Mario, do you never touch it again the first time you get a Game Over screen, because Mario is now dead? Of course not. You keep trying again and again as often as it takes until you get past the bit you failed.

5 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Some people need to remember that it's a computer game.

When you play Super Mario, do you never touch it again the first time you get a Game Over screen, because Mario is now dead? Of course not. You keep trying again and again as often as it takes until you get past the bit you failed.

The equivalent would be saving before each jump and reloading if you missed it. 

• Upvote 1