You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - Sun 10th Mar 2024 (3:45pm)

Was Mike Dean the commentator ref for the league cup final? Because if he was and said 2 completely opposite things about the exact situation of blocking from a set-piece, he’s an absolute fucking fraud.

1 minute ago, Fallen Angel said:

Yet we couldn’t bin them…

Considering we've 7 guaranteed starters missing, it was more level today, actually more in city's favour. Full team and we fucking batter them. They got fucking blessed again by us not having a full side out.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

VAR - What is the fucking point

Officials - what is the fucking point.

FUCK OFF CHEATING CHEATING FUCKING BASTARD CUNTS

They're not cheats, they really are that bad.

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

He got the ball first, it’s a contact sport.

Take your rose tints off.

We should have won, but didn’t, neither did they though.

We still have the advantage.

Curtis Jones says hi.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Curly said:

Agree about Bradley - should defo have stayed on.

You’re mad saying about Luis though - especially after seeing him have the second half he did have. Darwin, penalty winning and desire aside, was back to brain dead and infuriating today.

yes, but nullified Robertson, because he goes so wide. If Diaz stays on, Joe at LB is the call, and Conner stays on at RB, with the extra offensive mix. As for Darwin, we’ve seen Mo assist him all season when they’ve played together. I’d have backed that combo all the way to the 99 minutes.

Like I say, personal opinion. There’s no right and wrong. Great game of fucking football though and Anfield at it’s absokute best ❤️

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

As Dave keeps saying, VAR very, very rarely overturn referee decisions on penalties.

Minimum indirect freekick in the box for me. Jus’ sayin’

7 minutes ago, Curly said:

Was Mike Dean the commentator ref for the league cup final? Because if he was and said 2 completely opposite things about the exact situation of blocking from a set-piece, he’s an absolute fucking fraud.

You can't be offside from a corner though, that's why the decision went against us in the league cup. Bullshit obviously, but that's the reason.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

Based on that performance I think Arsenal will wipe the floor with City.

City look miles off the team they were last season.

City looked like they did because we were excellent. We’d have bladdered Arsenal playing like that today.

From Klopp;

On not getting a penalty at the end of the game: "It was 100% penalty. They will find an explanation. It was 100% foul in all areas of the pitch and probably a yellow card.

"All the people with ipads around me were 'wow, clear'. Maybe they can hide behind the phrase it is not clear and obvious.

"It is of course a penalty but we didn't get it and that is fine. The most important thing for me is that we can play football like that. I saw so many sensational performances today."

On WataruEndo: "What can you expect when you sign 31-year-old captain of Japan and he will be a standout player in the Premier League. You never know that people can develop to world class but that's what happened

12 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

im thinking we need at least 26/30 points to win this. Unless code can provide me with some other stats.

I feel if anyone gets to 90 they win it.

Would be highly unusual to have 3 teams on 90 plus.

Most we can get as stands is 94. Arsenal same, cheats 93.

They have to play each other next of course.

It is 3 excellent sides with very little between them, but still with a long way to go - for me the mathematical gymnastics probably begin in earnest in 5 games time....

• Upvote 1