You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - Sun 10th Mar 2024 (3:45pm)

3 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Can't be offside from a corner mate. But yeah, shit like that should be penalised anyway.

I’m not sure about the offside rule, but doesn’t it have to be a forward pass too?  De Bruyne’s corner was backwards and the players were behind him too. 

Onside. Unfortunately. 

I'm not bothered about the goal as such. It's clever play, but as I said earlier, it's the inconsistency that's the real bugbear. 

One week it's a foul, the other, its not. 

Besides the goal, it's been even enough, but we haven't created enough chances in all honesty. 

Macallister has been our best player by a mile, if im being critical, Diaz needs to do more 

Delighted Rodri got a yellow. Brilliant player, arguably the best in the league, but the amount of cynical fouls he tends to get away with, does drive me demented. So really pleased that the ref actually reffed him. 

Looking forward to the second half. 

What's the best channel to watch on a "legitimate box" that isn't sky, can't stomach another half listening to Neville giving every city player felatio once they touch the ball

5 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Am I alone in thinking Elliott has been one of our best in that half?

Nunez has been poor and keeps straying offside.

Diaz has been okay up to the final ball.

Bradley excellent going forward.

No, Elliot has played well.

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Oh yeah Kyle Walker...no doubt about it that fella is on peds. He sprints at the same speed he did ten years ago

It must be all the running between 2 families he does.

Just now, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

I’m not sure about the offside rule, but doesn’t it have to be a forward pass too?  De Bruyne’s corner was backwards and the players were behind him too. 

Onside. Unfortunately. 

Nope. Forwards, backwards, whatever. If you're ahead of the ball when it's played, you'll be offside if you touch it (or attempt to) before anyone else.

2 minutes ago, niallers said:

Robbo on and salah. Both will give width and that should open up space for mac dom and nunez.

Robertson, no thanks, he’s not good enough in tje positioning and will offer them too many chances. Perhaps the last ten if we’re still behind.

Salah obviously will be on soon.

1 minute ago, chrisbonnie said:

I'm not bothered about the goal as such. It's clever play, but as I said earlier, it's the inconsistency that's the real bugbear. 

One week it's a foul, the other, its not. 

Besides the goal, it's been even enough, but we haven't created enough chances in all honesty. 

Macallister has been our best player by a mile, if im being critical, Diaz needs to do more 

Delighted Rodri got a yellow. Brilliant player, arguably the best in the league, but the amount of cynical fouls he tends to get away with, does drive me demented. So really pleased that the ref actually reffed him. 

Looking forward to the second half. 

What's the best channel to watch on a "legitimate box" that isn't sky, can't stomach another half listening to Neville giving every city player felatio once they touch the ball

Nothing wrong with the goal, the difference in the final was that Endo was offside therefore the bar to pass is whether he interfered, this was just jostling at a corner, yeah he interfered but nothing wrong with that.  Just shit defending.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Nope. Forwards, backwards, whatever. If you're ahead of the ball when it's played, you'll be offside if you touch it (or attempt to) before anyone else.

What are the 3 exceptions where offsides will not be called?

But there are some exceptions: Players cannot be offside in their own half of the field. It is not possible to be offside from a throw-in, corner kick or goal kick. If the ball is deliberately played by a member of the opposing team, an attacker cannot be offside.

1 minute ago, magicrat said:

But there are some exceptions: Players cannot be offside in their own half of the field. It is not possible to be offside from a throw-in, corner kick or goal kick. If the ball is deliberately played by a member of the opposing team, an attacker cannot be offside.

You can't be offside from a goal kick... Really? 

Just now, magicrat said:

Yeah, I replied earlier that you can't be offside from a corner. My next reply was referring to open play.