You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Conor Bradley - Welcome to the Party

54 minutes ago, A Red said:

I'm quite fortunate in that I can like and appreciate people to the same level regardless of where they're from or their background. Connor looks like some player and I love him already.

Yes,but it helps if it's somebody who can see through the bullshit and nonsense involved in British Monarchy. He gets some extra Brownie points for that.

3 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Flanagan had a few decent games, but it was fairly obvious the whole time that he had a pretty low ceiling. Same with Nat Phillips, if you keep emotions out of it, it was easy to see that he’s a quite limited footballer.

Bradley is a different story. Could still go wrong in more than one way of course, but the quality is there for everyone to see. 

Can't remember why Flanagan hit the skids , but he was a way, way better player than Phillips who has to be one of the worst players to ever pull on the shirt.

Feel like a cunt saying it but I've felt miffed when Trent has replaced him, that kind of languid, spraying the ball around Jamie Redknapp style while everyone except the Prussian cavalry runs in behind you. 

I like defenders.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Flanagan had a few decent games, but it was fairly obvious the whole time that he had a pretty low ceiling. Same with Nat Phillips, if you keep emotions out of it, it was easy to see that he’s a quite limited footballer.

Bradley is a different story. Could still go wrong in more than one way of course, but the quality is there for everyone to see. 

It was a light hearted comparison mostly - but the point within it was just not to go OTT too soon and over hype the lad/put too much pressure on him.

Some of the stuff said about Flanagan at the time was silly....

Yeah Bradley looks a better player that is clear - but lets not go all Evertonian over him after 2 games and have him proclaimed as the best right back in the league etc....

We can enjoy those shouts when he is!

• Upvote 1

Part of the Scouse Cafu nickname for Flanagan was that we could see he was a limited player in the form of his life. Local lad who worked his arse off on the pitch, tackled hard, and did the basics well, the kind of player that is always going to be a fan favourite.

Bradley offers a lot more quality on the ball than Flanagan ever did, he's a lot quicker, and he works just as hard. Neco Williams is probably a better comparison for Bradley but he's already shown he's better defensively and makes better decisions on the ball than Neco ever did for us. Not slagging Neco at all here btw, he made like 30 first team appearances for us, but I think Bradley has a higher ceiling.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, an tha said:

Loving the lad and what he has done so far....but a cautionary note not to get too ahead of ourselves about the kid too soon....

flanaganburnley.jpg

Flanagan was just silly hype. I was at Spurs when he scored that goal which obviously was great, but in his 51 games for the club he got 1 goal and 2 assists. 

Bradley has 1 goal and 5 assists already in his 9 games this season. 

Studiously avoiding the hype, but there can be no doubt that he's in the team on merit, just like Gomez on the other side.  He's young and inexperienced, so he's bound to go through a dip at some point, but no-one can argue he's been a revelation thus far.  

Let's hope Klopp keeps both of them in the team against Arsenal - they've deserved to be seen as first choice FBs, at least for the time being.

Fuck that, he’s the absolute business. He’s got the lot, pace can defend pass shoot cross. Trent is going to have a job to displace him right now and I absolutely love Trent

3 minutes ago, etho said:

Fuck that, he’s the absolute business. He’s got the lot, pace can defend pass shoot cross. Trent is going to have a job to displace him right now and I absolutely love Trent

I've been saying it for a while I'd prefer to see Trent just go into Midfield - Bradley has to play against Arsenal he's earned his place. 

1 minute ago, Mark M said:

I've been saying it for a while I'd prefer to see Trent just go into Midfield - Bradley has to play against Arsenal he's earned his place. 

Where the fuck does Trent go though? Mac was a fucking beast , Dom was brilliant as was Jones . Tough call this 

7 minutes ago, elvis said:

Where the fuck does Trent go though? Mac was a fucking beast , Dom was brilliant as was Jones . Tough call this 

Ahead of Dom for me - Trents range of passing is off the scale from a central position even the cameo he was on last night he played a super ball through for Nunez - but its about options & isn't it brilliant we have so many options available to choose from now - this must me be the strongest squad of players we've had in my lifetime.

To be in a position where we can argue about a generational talent like Trent who any other side in world football would take in a heartbeat about where does he fit in the side now... Rich people problems... 

I agree, as good as Bradley was the whole perspective of our attack going front to back stepped up with Trent on. Big question about whether he's sharp enough to take on martinelli from the start on the weekend, but he'll be back in soon enough. 

I'm sure Bradley knows that. He's in the Quansah position now. He'll get the games he needs.

Having Bradley who can come on to stretch play and whip in balls while also letting us move Trent into midfield with his range of passing during a game will give us extra ways of solving issues when we come up against low blocks or well organised teams.

Also gives us the more conventional option of being able to rest Trent knowing Bradley can be productive from that position.

2 hours ago, an tha said:

It was a light hearted comparison mostly - but the point within it was just not to go OTT too soon and over hype the lad/put too much pressure on him.

Some of the stuff said about Flanagan at the time was silly....

Yeah Bradley looks a better player that is clear - but lets not go all Evertonian over him after 2 games and have him proclaimed as the best right back in the league etc....

We can enjoy those shouts when he is!

The Flanagan stuff was a piss take. Everyone knew how limited he was but it was a running joke after his boner away at Spurs. Nobody believed for a second he’d be a top full back. Christ he twatted his bird then ended up at r*ngers. (Standard thing that, see also Joey Barton) 

Bradley however is the right back that Lilian Thuram always wanted to be. Cafu and Zanetti dream about him to this day. 

9 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Dom could play right wing, Trent right mid?

It seems like our midfield is more of a triangle with our full backs offering the support to our wider attackers. Too spread out and you'd be bypassed too easily. A full back is a big job in our team and why it's even better that Bradley has done that job so well so quickly.