You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

57 minutes ago, HBenn said:

That is probably too much for them. 

Probably most concerning for the owners, more than last night's game, will be that the malaise is spreading into the commercial arm. I was in the club shop before the Leicester game and there was a sign saying that unfortunately you couldn't get a shirt printed with Gakpo on it. 

Brought back memories of the time in the mid 90's when they ran out of "E's". Shirts sales with Ruddock and Mcmanaman spiked that night.

With the cost of living crisis, I'm not sure anybody would be getting  McManaman's name these days. 

23 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

With the cost of living crisis, I'm not sure anybody would be getting  McManaman's name these days. 

I remember it well because my mate was going to get Fowler but ended up getting Mcmanaman on his back and the following day the club accepted a bid from Barcelona for him! 

1 hour ago, HBenn said:

As usual, here comes Mr FSG to try and spin how wonderful our owners are. 

I haven't spun any conspiracies, unless of course you mean the "conspiracy" I and plenty others have been consistently spinning since the summer which is without investing in our midfield we were in big trouble. 

You have mainly met that with an arrogant complacent attitude, defending FSG at every turn. Yeah, keep on with that. 

You consistently take the smallest thread of information and weave these elaborate narratives to get where you want to be in the conversation, then you get angry at your own assumptions based on those stories.

What you don't seem to comprehend is how little time it occupies in mine and others days thinking about FSG because it consumes so much of yours (and even more of others), I don't care who our owners are, within reason, I don't think about them one day to the next.

The default position for those not being 100% card carrying FSG Outers isn't FSG are the best, never was, never will be. 

36 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

You consistently take the smallest thread of information and weave these elaborate narratives to get where you want to be in the conversation, then you get angry at your own assumptions based on those stories.

What you don't seem to comprehend is how little time it occupies in mine and others days thinking about FSG because it consumes so much of yours (and even more of others), I don't care who our owners are, within reason, I don't think about them one day to the next.

The default position for those not being 100% card carrying FSG Outers isn't FSG are the best, never was, never will be. 

For someone that isn't bothered you reply (often not directly) to an awful lot of my posts with snide comments that try to defend FSG. Funny that. 

Also funny how for you, anything that could paint FSG in a negative light, is not likely true because it has not been categorically explicitly stated. Easy to deflect, smear and paint everything as conjecture or conspiracy when that is the case. 

I think I have been pretty consistent in saying that we needed players. I have also  managed, inspite of no one from the club explicitly stating it, to see that the midfield is fucked. I have also got angrier that it was allowed to happen and concerned at the prospect that the owners won't be pragmatic and flexible and give Jurgen adequate funds to rectify it before it causes us potentially real long term damage.

I must have missed all those posts from you where you have questioned or voiced any concerns with the FSG model in the last 6 months as we have slid out of the top 6. All I can recall are your snide comments towards anyone that raises anything that could vaguely be considered anti FSG. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Any potentially good news kicking about from bullshitting ITKs?

Just lie to me, I don't mind.

The Echo are frantically working on an article explaining how Jones, Arthur Melo and Keita coming back from injury is actually better than signing three new midfielders.

19 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Even if we wanted to we will struggle to sign anyone this month due to our home grown quota..oh sorry, thought you said bad news!

20 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

KopWorld on Twitter, who seems to be pretty reliable and very rarely posts, mentioned that we're in for Kouadio Koné
last week. Seems too good to be true, but exactly the type of midfielder we need.  

• Upvote 1

If it's true, reading the Percy and Wallace article, the Nunes thing comes across as if it's pretty much a pre-arranged transfer to us from the start, with Wolves being a middle man for a year, because we want him when Chamberlain, Keita and Milner's contracts all expire. I doubt it has anything to do with Bellingham. He'd be the 2nd midfielder we want to replace the 3 leaving. And then, there's probably some agent stuff where this kind of deal favours Jorge Mendes, who we have a relationship with. 

It's the kind of stupid machination that the current iteration of the club probably think is so clever. Meanwhile, we'd be sitting with our dicks in our hands for a year with a terrible midfield. 

And while, it doesn't look like it would be an outrageous fee, he looks like all style, very little substance. It'd be another weird tactical fit. If we're playing a pseudo double pivot in this 4-3-3, he doesn't in the first place look like he'd help us improve the shape on that left side. 

25 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

If we're playing a pseudo double pivot in this 4-3-3, he doesn't in the first place look like he'd help us improve the shape on that left side. 

Except he played on the left of a double pivot at Sporting, next to a more defensive midfielder in Palhiniha. The tactical fit isn't the issue.

14 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Except he played on the left of a double pivot at Sporting, next to a more defensive midfielder in Palhiniha. The tactical fit isn't the issue.

Yeah, that's fine, but my point was he doesn't look very good at it. Nevermind in a team like ours. Thiago is an all rounder with style and substance and that doesn't even work, Unless he has immense workrate and physical ability, which I wouldn't tell you I know he doesn't have, but I'd be surprised if he did, I'm not sure how this would be supposed to work. He's been crap for Wolves. 

Thiago is a good player but I think because of how he moves and how he plays it elevates what he actually really does do. A quick turn hitting it with the outside of his left foot looks great but it was still only a 10 yard pass. As much as I love Thiago I've begun to miss Gini he was like a magnet for keeping the ball soaking up pressure and releasing a player, I didn't appreciate the handsome bastard enough when he was here and that smiley cunt was never injured.

17 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, that's fine, but my point was he doesn't look very good at it. Nevermind in a team like ours. Thiago is an all rounder with style and substance and that doesn't even work, Unless he has immense workrate and physical ability, which I wouldn't tell you I know he doesn't have, but I'd be surprised if he did, I'm not sure how this would be supposed to work. He's been crap for Wolves. 

5 months ago you said

On 22/07/2022 at 22:06, 3 Stacks said:

Nunes does look really good. Said the same thing with Diaz and Nunez, but we're not buying him. Bound to be right this time. 

which was the summer after he'd just played a whole season on the left of a double pivot.

Now while I'd fully agree that in his time at Wolves, for me, he hasn't done enough to justify us exercising any clause we may (speculatively) have in him, it depends entirely on the concerns we had on him in the first place and what contacts we have that are monitoring those aspects.

Wouldn't be my first choice, but a lot of people really wanted us to sign him in the summer. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

5 months ago you said

which was the summer after he'd just played a whole season on the left of a double pivot.

Now while I'd fully agree that in his time at Wolves, for me, he hasn't done enough to justify us exercising any clause we may (speculatively) have in him, it depends entirely on the concerns we had on him in the first place and what contacts we have that are monitoring those aspects.

Wouldn't be my first choice, but a lot of people really wanted us to sign him in the summer. 

He did look good at Sporting and he looked good on YouTube, which obviously given no one can watch all these games and leagues, is the main thing.

But in the meantime, our shape has gone to turd,  calling into question what we're trying to do tactically, and he's been underwhelming for a bad side. I wasn't arguing he can't play in our formation. He just doesn't really look like what we need anymore at this juncture, unless he's not actually the substanceless show pony he looks like being.

3 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Strangest statement you've ever made

It's not strange. I'm saying; I don't know something, but if I have to have an opinion, I have a leaning of doubt.

I'm a humble person, I'm not afraid to say I don't know something, unlike many. 

• Upvote 2