You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

Just now, TD_LFC said:

While it's completely unacceptable the way that ref was treated, and their's a responsibility on players and managers to set an example the complete reluctance to hold referee's to any sort of account will only continue to feed this over-reaction.

When you have accounts like @RefSupportUK becoming more prominent yet completely refusing to acknowledge contentious decisions and acting like ref's are above reproach, or Referee's going on Sky and BT to defend the indefensible then people will get increasingly frustrated.

Unfortunately UEFA's response will show that there's no responsibility on the club for actions of the fans outside the ground. They won't do anything meaningful, just like they did fuck all when attacked Sean Cox.

They'll ban the away fans again and maybe fine them for Jose.

8 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

It’s all on Mourinho. This is up there with when he poked the Barca assistant coach in the eye.

we only know what he said in English. What the fuck did he say in Italian?

I can’t remember one major talking point from the match? And I had no skin in the game. 
A horrible winner & a thunder cunt of a loser. 

Given Klopps recent outbursts as covered in the TLW pod, Guardiola and countless examples over the years, Red nose etc plus the reports from lower leagues of refs having to wear cameras for their own protection etc I don’t think it’s all down to Jose, his actions whilst ott were just another example of this escalating and getting out of hand, 

Refs are a necessity in our game and once the 90 mins is up it’s done you have to walk away.

3 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Unfortunately UEFA's response will show that there's no responsibility on the club for actions of the fans outside the ground. They won't do anything meaningful, just like they did fuck all when attacked Sean Cox.

They'll ban the away fans again and maybe fine them for Jose.

I see the Premiership has backed Taylor today but nothing so far from UEFA, unless I’ve missed it.

Really, UEFA should be commenting on what a difficult position both clubs put Taylor in an impossible position (of which he did quite well in) and how neither sides behaviour was in the spirit of the game.

Incidentally, I’ve seen articles on ticketless  Roma fans getting into the stadium. UEFA never learn. 

32 minutes ago, Mook said:

Roma are complete and utter scum.

They should have received a ban from competing in Europe a long time ago and it's now conpletely overdue.

Rome '84 certainly springs to mind. They were fucking appalling.

20 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Hahaha well done Jose. Run you manc fucker, run and hide

Yeah this isn't it.... I dislike the guy as much as the next one but the Roma fans harassing/seemingly aiming violence towards the guy and more so his wife/daughter(who looks to be in tears) isn't funny, it's dickhead behaviour that shouldnt be applauded by any cunt.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, redrosetints said:

Sorry mate, thats wrong. Whatever we think of decisions or of him, he nor any other ref doesn’t deserve that.

we’re all passionate about the sport and our teams but that’s going to far. Seeing chairs being lobbed at him and his missus at the airport is shocking. Fans need to get a grip.

I posted that before all the shit in the stadium car park and the attack on Taylor and his family happened. There’s no excuse for the type of behaviour those fans and Mourinho showed, none at all. They should have the book thrown at them, but that won’t happen.

Taylor is still a crap referee though.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Anyone watching the fa cup final tomorrow? Think I'll not bother tbh. 

I’ll take no pleasure seeing City win, I’ll take great pleasure in seeing the mancs lose, the heavier the mancs defeat the better. 

If the mancs win, I’ll be hugely pissed off. 

Also remember that when the Beckham’s got married they insisted all guests wear white, and everybody did it because it was their wedding choice. When Phil Neville got married, he and his wife also asked guests to wear a certain colour, but the Beckcunts turned up in completely different coloured outfits.

He’s not your mate, Phil. He’s your entitled bully. Just twat him.

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

Also remember that when the Beckham’s got married they insisted all guests wear white, and everybody did it because it was their wedding choice. When Phil Neville got married, he and his wife also asked guests to wear a certain colour, but the Beckcunts turned up in completely different coloured outfits.

He’s not your mate, Phil. He’s your entitled bully. Just twat him.

You know an inappropriate amount about Beckham and Neville’s weddings.