You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid 1 Liverpool 0 (May 28 2022)

tlw content

Great job, Dave. I'm guessing Salah and Keita won't be getting invited to dinner anytime soon.

Seriously though, your articles are the main reason I keep coming back here. Brilliant, funny and very often insightful. Let's do it all over again next season.

• Upvote 1

On 30/05/2022 at 13:33, Mathewbet1 said:

I was feeling a lot worse before the parade yesterday. Seeing those scenes lifted ths spirits. The players were so made up with the reception, it was crazy really. Immense pride in the team and fans, what a club. Make no doubt this is one of greatest sides and they deserve all the pludits given the efforts of the last few weeks and months.

I've already gotten over the loss, being at the parade was a great overall experience for the fans and the players. I'll always remember the excitement and experience of Sunday not the match before. Fuck it! lifting the players up was amazing. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I took the dog out with 10 minutes to go. It was that obvious we weren't going to score and I couldn't watch any more of it. It's put me on a massive downer about football, the team, the club and if it's all worth it. Especially the shitfest surrounding the game in Paris and the utter cunt fest on social media. I'm fucking sick of it. 

"Don't worry Mike it's just bants innit!"

It really fucking isn't, you cunt. *block*

Mate, I’ve got the perfect cure for you. Watch this. I defy you not to be grinning ear to ear throughout. It’s great. Massively cheered me up. 

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I took the dog out with 10 minutes to go. It was that obvious we weren't going to score and I couldn't watch any more of it. It's put me on a massive downer about football, the team, the club and if it's all worth it. Especially the shitfest surrounding the game in Paris and the utter cunt fest on social media. I'm fucking sick of it. 

"Don't worry Mike it's just bants innit!"

It really fucking isn't, you cunt. *block*

Stay off social media mate. It's a cesspit and not everyone is cut out for it. You probably aren't as it seems like it affects your mood. I'm the same, I'd happily sack it off completely if I didn't need it for TLW. Staying out of the comment section helps as you can avoid a lot of the cunts, but you can't avoid them all so best to just stay off completely, at least for a week or so. I honestly wish I could.

• Upvote 2

Only just had the chance to give this a read, Dave and it’s even better than I thought it would be, very cathartic. 

I also just want to say thanks for your efforts in the reports all season, and thanks also to the rest of the lads who do the podcasts with you. It’s genuinely up there as my must listen to podcast every week. 

• Upvote 2

One thing I don't think I touched on much (if at all?) in this, but on reflection I think it really should be mentioned as it probably was a factor. 

The players will have known exactly what was going on outside as they had family caught up in it. It's been publicised about Thiago, Robbo and Matip but loads of others will have similar stories we haven't heard about yet.

They'll have seen empty seats in our end, they'll have senses the atmosphere wasn't what it normally would be. Even if that took 5% out of them that could be the difference between winning and losing.

Now that the dust has settled I feel that I've probably been overly critical in that report.

• Upvote 4

I finally got around to watching the highlights again this evening. I had avoided it since Saturday.

And I agree with Dave regarding Madrid's goal. I believe it was offside. They never showed a proper replay with camera angles to prove it was onside. But I reckon they didnt want to go through the whole VAR thing again due to the one which got ruled out in the first half.

• Upvote 2

On 30/05/2022 at 19:52, Trumo said:

Thanks for that Dave. I'm still looking for some catharsis but yesterday's positive atmosphere during the parade, and this report, have gone a long way towards getting me there. A spirit of defiance in the face of those laughing at our 'failures'. These lads have always come back stronger the following year after a setback, and with Jurgen at the helm, I think we will be back once again. No matter how down you are, this club and its fans have a way of lifting you up again.

If everyone's happy for me to continue, I'll be back with the match threads again. I've already got a theme going but I'm looking for a new fresh element. If you have any ideas, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Yer ma

2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

I read the other day that Spanish clubs have won 17 of the last 17 European finals when they’ve played teams from another country. If we get to another final let’s just hope we’re not playing anyone Spanish, let alone Real Madrid.

I want Real Madrid in Istanbul next year.

• dave u unpinned this topic