You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Are we, as a nation, becoming hysterical?

Captain Willard

On 25/10/2021 at 22:05, Arniepie said:

I think the actual opposite is the case tbh

The gmnt is completely and utterly responsible for letting 1000s of people die needlessly, the pm has made utterly callous remarks about bodies piled high on the street and the country has collectively done a partridge shrug.

No wonder people are angry.

Really? Whatever happened to taking responsibility for your actions ? Too many people in the UK ignored the warnings on covid because it impacted on their social activities or they felt being told to wear a mask impacted their freedom of choice. But it's the governments fault when you get infected?

42 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Nah can't agree . 50 years ago people were passing away in their mid 60's. You see people now living way past 70 these days. Back then they did not get the.medical care and advanced medicines that are available now. Whilst the NHS may be struggling now  its a pretty much free service which is not available anywhere else. As an example,  to ensure I receive what I would consider to be good health care I have to take out private health insurance at a cost of 130 quid a month and I still do not get cover for all costs.

This is a government who once had a serious discussion about the managed decline of a city. If you think they won't give a flying fuck about a few extra quicker deaths due to Brexit, benefit cuts, fucking about with the NHS so they and their rich donors get richer then you're having a laugh. 

29 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

This is a government who once had a serious discussion about the managed decline of a city. If you think they won't give a flying fuck about a few extra quicker deaths due to Brexit, benefit cuts, fucking about with the NHS so they and their rich donors get richer then you're having a laugh. 

Yes that government who set out to destroy Liverpool are the reason I left the UK. But the point I made about people living longer and better health care still stands.

1 hour ago, Boss said:

Of course, there is a plan. After the financial crash in 2009, Cameron went to the EU to fight to keep bankers receiving six-figure bonuses. At the same time, Ian Duncan Smith was trying to destroy the benefits system by removing incapacity benefit and creating a new benefit where the criteria penalised and cut off thousands of disabled people.

They called in long term disabled people - who hadn't been assessed in years - and failed them on the new points criteria. This was done on purpose to force them to go through a lengthy year-long process of appealing the decision, and going to a tribunal. All the while, for that year, they weren't paid a penny - whilst their benefits were frozen. It forced thousands of legitimately disabled people to claim jobseekers allowance because they had no other choice. They didn't have enough money saved away to go a whole year without payment, and in the process of claiming jobseekers allowance, they declared themselves 'fit for work', which meant they couldn't claim disability benefit anymore.

Thousands of them killed themselves, a lot of them in the first two weeks after being declared 'fit for work'. That is an example of a planned and pre-meditated culling of people. They knew exactly what they were doing, and orchestrated it thusly to achieve the desired effect. 

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/aug/27/thousands-died-after-fit-for-work-assessment-dwp-figures

If you take 5 seconds to click through to the actual report it says “that the mortality rates for both out-of-work working age benefit claimants and the general working age population have fallen between 2003 and 2013”. That’s my point, you make an astonishing claim of a pre planned cull of people on welfare but a quick Google shows that the opposite is true. The Guardian will have known this as well but prefer to print the hysteria. 

7 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

If you take 5 seconds to click through to the actual report it says “that the mortality rates for both out-of-work working age benefit claimants and the general working age population have fallen between 2003 and 2013”. That’s my point, you make an astonishing claim of a pre planned cull of people on welfare but a quick Google shows that the opposite is true. The Guardian will have known this as well but prefer to print the hysteria. 

There are millions of people that claim benefits, what's that got to do with the 2,380 that the report indicates that were killed directly as a result of being declared fit for work? Are you saying it's okay to purposely kill a couple of thousand of people as long as the numbers for all benefit claimants are generally down?

4 minutes ago, Boss said:

There are millions of people that claim benefits, what's that got to do with the 2,380 that the report indicates that were killed directly as a result of being declared fit for work? Are you saying it's okay to purposely kill a couple of thousand of people as long as the numbers for all benefit claimants are generally down?

Do you have a link to a report that indicates governments are purposely killing thousands? Really would like to read it and understand more.

The government doesnt give a shit about ordinary people and while they can claim they are not 'deliberately' killing them they really dont give a shit either way provided the filthy reach keep their grip on society by maintaining that gap between the haves and have nots. Desperation is all part of their plan as it forces wages down and makes people slaves to debt.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CapeRed said:

Do you have a link to a report that indicates governments are purposely killing thousands? Really would like to read it and understand more.

This is the request for the figures under the freedom of information act:

https://ico.org.uk/media/action-weve-taken/decision-notices/2015/1424160/fs_50557638.pdf

This is the actual report:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/459106/mortality-statistics-esa-ib-sda.pdf

You expect us not to be hysterical when faced with a 60p increase in the price of Birdseye Haddock Fish Fingers at the local Co-Op!

Fuck you and all your stiff upper lip brigade.

Some things demand a hissy fit. The price of Fish Fingers falls into this category. I will not be silenced. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, CapeRed said:

Really? Whatever happened to taking responsibility for your actions ? Too many people in the UK ignored the warnings on covid because it impacted on their social activities or they felt being told to wear a mask impacted their freedom of choice. But it's the governments fault when you get infected?

The overwhelming number of people in this country followed the government's, often contradictory,advice.Even if the likes if Hancock and cummings did not.

And yes ,they were responsible for x amount getting infected, care homes etc.. 

53 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

You expect us not to be hysterical when faced with a 60p increase in the price of Birdseye Haddock Fish Fingers at the local Co-Op!

Some things demand a hissy fit. The price of Fish Fingers falls into this category. I will not be silenced. 

First store in the UK to put a loaf over a quid them bastards. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

First store in the UK to put a loaf over a quid them bastards. 

One near me is basically open season for shop lifters. The local dossers know the staff have been told not to challenge them and there is no security on the door. 

Instead they recoup their losses by making me pay more for my Fish Fingers. 

Bastards. 

Just now, YorkshireRed said:

One near me is basically open season for shop lifters. The local dossers know the staff have been told not to challenge them and there is no security on the door. 

Instead they recoup their losses by making me pay more for my Fish Fingers. 

Bastards. 

Start bouncing the door and get them to pay you in fish fingers. Win win 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

What sauce do you have on a fish finger buttie?

On 06/11/2021 at 13:57, CapeRed said:

They just underfund the NHS and public services and allow people to do the dying themselves. It's negligence and a lack of care for anything other than the very rich. 'Deliberately' can't be proved but negligence it definitely is.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

They just underfund the NHS and public services and allow people to do the dying themselves. It's negligence and a lack of care for anything other than the very rich. 'Deliberately' can't be proved but negligence it definitely is.

I couldnt argue with you as I dont live there but my dad's treatment when he got cancer was first class. There is a massive shortage of staff there which doesn't help I am sure. I still think for what it costs in personal contributions it's a service I would love here.