You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Succession

Bjornebye

Can’t speak for them all, but Game of Thrones as great as it was, went downhill when they run out of books (season 4/5ish) and by the end was as bad as anything I’ve seen on TV. Benidorm was probably better tele at that point.

10 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I love the way the siblings would occasionally act like proper siblings - joking and taking the piss out of each other and genuinely caring for each other - in between trying to rip each other apart.  

Yep

That bit where they were in the mums kitchen seemed genuine

On 30/05/2023 at 20:26, Dr Nowt said:

Never gets the plaudits, but what a great character Stewy is as well. Pure cynicism and openly a louse. 

When you first meet him he’s stealing a doughnut despite being a billionaire and asking Kendall if it’s cool for a mutual friend, who he won’t name so it definitely isn’t him, has a crack at Rava? ‘Or are you still hankering for a wankering?’ - complete with mime and sound effects.

Similarly:

Ken: Look, we’re friends. We go way back. I can trust you, right?

Stewy: No

Ken: Sure, but on money stuff…I can trust you?

Strewy: No

my favourite of his was “"I'm spiritually and emotionally and ethically and morally behind whoever wins.”

I really enjoyed the series as a whole, the ending really showed how none of them are serious people as Logan said to them. All horrible and would have been eaten alive being CEO and tanked the company. 

it’s up there with the best shows of the last couple of years it had its flaws for sure. It’s defo a level or two below the best tv but was enjoyable nonetheless.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Kevin D said:

I’d have Mad Men, The Americans, Justified and Rectify over it, as well.

The Americans is right up there for me. I think Succession is in the same bracket now. Not a lot of love for 'We Own This City' though. David Simon's best work for ages in my book.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The Americans is right up there for me. I think Succession is in the same bracket now. Not a lot of love for 'We Own This City' though. David Simon's best work for ages in my book.

I loved the Americans and mad men but I wouldn't watch them again 

Defo watch succession again 

We own this city was decent,nothing amazing.

6 hours ago, Arniepie said:

I loved the Americans and mad men but I wouldn't watch them again 

Defo watch succession again 

We own this city was decent,nothing amazing.

I found mad men on a rewatch superb. So many little things I never picked up on.

loved the American but ageee I doubt I will watch that again.

5 hours ago, JagSquared said:

I found mad men on a rewatch superb. So many little things I never picked up on.

loved the American but ageee I doubt I will watch that again.

I thought mad men was outstanding and its goes tend to go under the radar a bit.

zero zero zero was oustanding 

Mad Men is my Top 5, Americans Top 10.  

BTW, talk about underrated, Matthew Weiner's (MM) The Romanoffs anthology series was poo-pooed a lot for some reason, but it's well worth a watch, if you are into slow-burners.

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

Mad Men is my Top 5, Americans Top 10.  

BTW, talk about underrated, Matthew Weiner's (MM) The Romanoffs anthology series was poo-pooed a lot for some reason, but it's well worth a watch, if you are into slow-burners.

Yep that was really good I didn’t get the hate for it at all

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/06/2023 at 10:23, Elite said:

Mad Men was superb, very much a slow buner but outstanding stuff.

Who was it on here who got a letter in Viz with a true story of drinking old fashioneds like Don Draper, but passing out on the couch, being too pissed to walk the dog and waking up hung over in a house full of shit?

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

Is it me or has this gone really shit in S3? 
I’m wondering whether to carry on with it, Kendall is a bell end. Specifically his birthday, ep 7. 

I’ve been doing a rewatch of season 3 and just watched this episode. I think it might be my least favourite across 4 seasons. Stick with it.

1 hour ago, TheBitch said:

Is it me or has this gone really shit in S3? 
I’m wondering whether to carry on with it, Kendall is a bell end. Specifically his birthday, ep 7. 

His birthday episode is great because he didn't do that song he was planning. The cringiest thing I've ever seen is his rap at his Dad's thing in Dundee. Stick with it's superb