You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Instead of attacking the greedy bastards scamming everyone as they make record profits at our expense you have a hard on for just cutting Ukraine loose. Russian bot.

2 minutes ago, TheSire said:

What the fuck are you on about? 

He always does this shit. Refuses to engage with anything other than pedantry. He will quote from the Guardian when it suits and call it a shitty news source when it doesn’t. He is a patronising fucker. 

Just now, TheSire said:

Instead of attacking the greedy bastards scamming everyone as they make record profits at our expense you have a hard on for just cutting Ukraine loose. Russian bot.

Ha I'm a bot again now.  Just keep laughing at those less fortunate than yourself kid. 

5 minutes ago, bossy said:

He always does this shit. Refuses to engage with anything other than pedantry. He will quote from the Guardian when it suits and call it a shitty news source when it doesn’t. He is a patronising fucker. 

Fuck off and mind your own business. It's fucking obvious what the posh twat meant when laughing about "Leccy balls though' he's done it a few times. Sly twat. 

You can do one as well. Youre the patronising prick  

Just now, Gnasher said:

Fuck off and mind your own business. It's fucking obvious what the posh twar meant when laughing about "Leccy balls though'

You can do one as well. Patronising prick  

Ha ha. 

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Gnasher and Red Phoenix.

GQ-Manchester-051820.jpg

I don't think 60bil is going to be defeating the Russians any time soon when they're so dug in if there's already been hundreds sent before it, so that could be more directed at most of us here if it turns out that neither side is winning this, not just Gnasher and me.

39 minutes ago, M_B said:

Shills out in force tonight in response to the bill being passed.

I'm shilling because I responded to Section's pic that he said was Gnasher and me? Then wondered how 60bil will defeat Russia in Ukraine and how Ukraine are going to defend Chasiv Yar?

As if the Ukraine aid was really going to fail to pass anyway, it was delayed until they worked out how to get it through. Hardly surprising and nothing worth shilling over.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, M_B said:

Shills out in force tonight in response to the bill being passed.

It's been obvious that bill would pass weeks ago. It's the fact they rolled it in with even more support for Israel that's reprehensible. Not that it concerned many on this thread. Not a single eyebrow raised.

5 hours ago, Gnasher said:

It's been obvious that bill would pass weeks ago. It's the fact they rolled it in with even more support for Israel that's reprehensible. Not that it concerned many on this thread. Not a single eyebrow raised.

That's because it's the Russia vs Ukraine thread, not the Russia vs Israel thread. Just like there was no discussion of the Taiwan aid here.

As regards the Israel thread, the reason I stay away from it is because it's largely just a twitter feed - there are much better threads on the subject elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, M_B said:

That's because it's the Russia vs Ukraine thread, not the Russia vs Israel thread. Just like there was no discussion of the Taiwan aid here.

As regards the Israel thread, the reason I stay away from it is because it's largely just a twitter feed - there are much better threads on the subject elsewhere.

Fair enough. I was just trying (and failing) to explain why it's hard to take a line about a bill that's been wrapped up in so many different elements, such as Israel, Taiwan, Tiktok etc without upsetting the echo chamber. Imo America are politically in a hell of a mess but that doesn't mean I'm against support for Ukraine. 

As for the amount of twitter feeds on Gaza it's probably more than most because mainstream journalists are not allowed in to report, so twitter has become the main source of information. Anyway I intend to leave it there.