The Woolster

TLW Deathpool 2021

31 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

About 15-20 years ago, there was a series of documentaries catching up with celebrities from the 70s and 80s; Leo Sayer, Bernie Clifton, Paul Daniels, etc. They were all a bit eccentric, to say the least; the whole series turned into a freak parade and the viewers were invited to point and laugh. 

Apparently, they filmed an episode with Tom O'Connor, but they never used it, because he was just a well-balanced nice bloke enjoying life with his family. 

His son is a music manager and is married to Denise Lewis.

John Cornell gone 80. Older people will remember him as Strop the Lifeguard in the Paul Hogan Show. He discovered then managed Hogan , going on to star with him. Here he is with his real life Mrs,Delvene Delaney and Hogan. Was also instrumental in bring the Kerry Packer Cricket to TV.

0F2AD647-B0A2-4103-B1C4-8930286A77E1.jpeg

On 18/07/2021 at 23:43, AngryOfTuebrook said:

About 15-20 years ago, there was a series of documentaries catching up with celebrities from the 70s and 80s; Leo Sayer, Bernie Clifton, Paul Daniels, etc. They were all a bit eccentric, to say the least; the whole series turned into a freak parade and the viewers were invited to point and laugh. 

Apparently, they filmed an episode with Tom O'Connor, but they never used it, because he was just a well-balanced nice bloke enjoying life with his family. 

I never knew till today that his son is married to Denise Lewis 

14 minutes ago, Gruntfuttock said:

AKA Jackie Mason,gone at 93.

Seems to be a low scoring game so far this year after an initial burst of deadies!

Yeah I was flying but people hanging on now, selfish twats

15 minutes ago, Gruntfuttock said:

AKA Jackie Mason,gone at 93.

Seems to be a low scoring game so far this year after an initial burst of deadies!

I was thinking that the other day. Should have been a high scoring year this and all. Selfish as fuck. 

Any chance of a mid season league table Woolster? 

Shane off Home and Away. Only 45, real sad.

Dieter Brummer dead: Home and Away star who played Shane Parrish has died age 45 (news.com.au)

Dieter Brummer, best known for his role opposite Melissa George as Shane Parrish on Home and Away, has died age 45.

The actor was found dead in Glenhaven, in Sydney’s north-west, on Saturday afternoon.

Family friend Steve Comey confirmed the tragic news on Facebook and shared a statement from Brummer’s heartbroken family.

“On behalf of my family, we post this today with a heavy heart,” it said.

“We lost our handsome, talented, funny, complicated and beloved Dieter on Saturday morning.

“He has left a massive hole in our lives and our World will never be the same. Our thoughts go out to all of you who knew him, loved him, or worked with him over the years.

“We appreciate you respecting our privacy at this terrible time.

“Should you, or anyone you know be affected by this, or indeed are feeling pain at this time, there are good people that you can talk to. Please pick up the phone – Lifeline 13 11 14.”

Friends have paid tribute to Dieter Brummer on social media after the actor died over the weekend, aged 45.

Mr Comey had earlier referred to Brummer as a “free spirit”.

“Heartbreaking news. We have lost a free spirit. Vale Dieter Brummer. Way too young. Way too soon. My sincerest, deepest condolences to his beautiful sister Karlene and all of Dieter’s family & friends. Keep flying young fella.”

His death is not being treated as suspicious, according to police.

“About 1.30pm (Saturday 24 July 2021), officers from The Hills Police Area Command responded to reports of a concern for welfare at a home on Glenhaven Road, Glenhaven,” NSW Police told news.com.au.

“The body of a man was located inside the home. His death is not believed to be suspicious. A report will be prepared for the information of the Coroner.”

Brummer was still in high school when he joined the set of Home and Away in 1992. He remained on the show until 1996 and took out the most popular actor Silver Logie in both 1995 and 1996.

He went on to appear in various TV dramas including the Underbelly series, Rescue Special Ops, Winners and Losers and a stint on Neighbours in both 2011 and 2012 as the character Troy Miller.

Brummer worked as a window-cleaner between acting roles and was running his own, successful business.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I liked those Underbelly series but cant remember who he was in them considering those photos show him when he was about 16.

32 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I was wondering if there was anyone else prepared to admit that they watched Home and away 

Even Mrs HL doesn't watch that shite.

I was 14, there was fuck else on TV at that time (cough after neighbours, cough) and Kristy Wright (most seemed to prefer her ginger mate for some reason) 

MV5BMzNhMmE2MGEtZDkyYS00YjE2LTgxYmUtM2M4MWNiZTNmZTUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQwMDg0Ng@@._V1_.jpg

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Kirsty Wright (I wouldn’t have remembered her name) played Sophie, didn’t she?

Chloe

8 hours ago, Special K said:

Former Slipknot drummer Joey Jordison has died aged 46

Didn't another member of them die a while back? Probably shouldn't have made those masks out of asbestos and depleted uranium.

On 26/07/2021 at 22:08, Remmie said:

I was wondering if there was anyone else prepared to admit that they watched Home and away 

Fuck yeah. Mainly for Roo and Sophie 

Screenshot_20210728-082904_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210728-083116_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210728-083149_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 27/07/2021 at 00:04, Remmie said:

I was 14, there was fuck else on TV at that time (cough after neighbours, cough) and Kristy Wright (most seemed to prefer her ginger mate for some reason) 

MV5BMzNhMmE2MGEtZDkyYS00YjE2LTgxYmUtM2M4MWNiZTNmZTUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQwMDg0Ng@@._V1_.jpg

Never heard of her. Although she is pleasing to the eye alongside Mrs Borat.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Never heard of her. Although she is pleasing to the eye alongside Mrs Borat.

You wouldn't have done unless you were sad enough to be a fellow Home and Away viewer. 

9 minutes ago, Remmie said:

You wouldn't have done unless you were sad enough to be a fellow Home and Away viewer. 

The only thing I know about Home and Away was that a bird who appeared in it with big breasts got nailed in a sex tape widely distributed on the interweb.

19 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The only thing I know about Home and Away was that a bird who appeared in it with big breasts got nailed in a sex tape widely distributed on the interweb.

Sally , it was a shit video but in them days we were just making the step up from razzle 

On 27/07/2021 at 06:35, Remmie said:

Chloe

Sophie Simpson, the character I was thinking of, was played by Rebekah Elmaloglou. She is in Neighbours now and plays Paul Robinson’s wife, Terese.

Then 

1052DDBE-1965-4A70-AE88-4C8AE49A4A6E.jpeg

Now

2AC3E83C-738E-4548-AC0F-D24A39AC5B2B.jpeg

7 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Didn't another member of them die a while back? Probably shouldn't have made those masks out of asbestos and depleted uranium.

Paul Gray, the bassist. Drug overdose about 10 years ago.