You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Male Solo Artist - QF - Prince vs Jimi Hendrix

Bjornebye

Greatest Male Solo Artist - QF - Prince vs Jimi Hendrix  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Male Solo Artist - QF - Prince vs Jimi Hendrix

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/11/20 at 11:27

4 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I think you are labouring under a delusion that I give a a fuck what you think. I don’t. 

Well, waddle off in your 4XL Aldi joggers and go to your local constituency meeting where "dreary and unsuccessful" gets a round of applause as a put down. You have no fucking place on this site, this city or following this team, you needy fat Tory twat.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, General Dryness said:

"Introducing the Hardline" was a phenomenal album, up there with the best debuts of all time IMO.

Unfortunately he then proceeded to disappear up his own arse.

Yeah it's a brilliant album. The boy was talented, but I think he had/has mental issues. Reckon he could have achieved a lot, but well I guess it wasn't to be. 

• Upvote 1

Seeing Prince live in 2015 was just about the pinnacle of my musical life. I dragged my mrs along - and she was blown away by how good he was, despite not being a fan of his at all.

Seeing that level of genius on stage, right before your very eyes, elevates him to the highest tier of all time talent in my book. I've not seen anyone before, or since, that even gets close.

I totally get that it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea like, but Prince is criminally underrated by most people. The complete showman and master musician.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

"Introducing the Hardline" was a phenomenal album, up there with the best debuts of all time IMO.

Unfortunately he then proceeded to disappear up his own arse.

He was going to be next big thing, but then just disappeared.

A shame really, but that really was a great album. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Yeah it's a brilliant album. The boy was talented, but I think he had/has mental issues. Reckon he could have achieved a lot, but well I guess it wasn't to be. 

Wasnt he a Golden Gloves champion or something at one stage.? What happened to him? 30 odd years ago now, Blimey. 

18 minutes ago, Red Banjo said:

Seeing Prince live in 2015 was just about the pinnacle of my musical life. I dragged my mrs along - and she was blown away by how good he was, despite not being a fan of his at all.

Seeing that level of genius on stage, right before your very eyes, elevates him to the highest tier of all time talent in my book. I've not seen anyone before, or since, that even gets close.

I totally get that it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea like, but Prince is criminally underrated by most people. The complete showman and master musician.

I wish I'd seen him live more times. Properly phenomenal show. It's not my favourite song by any means, but when 1999 started I'm sure the venue almost exploded.

Brilliant songs, brilliant albums, brilliant performer, brilliant musician. 

prince-2.gif

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Code said:

He was going to be next big thing, but then just disappeared.

A shame really, but that really was a great album. 

The second album (Neither Fish Nor Flesh) is both mental and genius. Totally self indulgent and a very hard sell for his record company who had been heavily marketing him as the latest massive pop star. It's a tough one to decide if it's great or a load of shite.  It's not dull though. 

9 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

As much as it pains me to say, Dickhead shouldn’t be capitalised. I may be a fat Tory cunt (although I’ve never voted for them in my life and spent 30 years in the Labour party) but I do care about grammar. 

Depends if I think it's your name, doesn't it?