You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

David Moores

Hermes

after hillsborough, even before the taylor report it was obvious we would have to have an all seater stadium and at least 2 sides of our ground would need to be redeveloped (kop and kemlyn). instead of paying what we have on what has ended up as rebuilding 3 sides of our current stadium - whilst only maintaining the original capacity, with foresight we could have probably spent a similar amount on a new stadium. we explored this with EFC and when they didn't want to know, we chose the simple option.

Another point as to why a visonary leader/chairman would have gone ahead with a new stadium and i dont think anybody at that time would have tried to stop us doing that.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another point as to why a visonary leader/chairman would have gone ahead with a new stadium and i dont think anybody at that time would have tried to stop us doing that.

Maybe, but given that David Moores wasn't chairman at that time are you still going to blame him? Or will you, for once, engage your brain and/or check your facts before posting?

well as Lick has just posted, he wasn't the chairman then - although he would be a year or two later. even so, that job to be the "visionary leader" lay with peter robinson - it's taken us to move on from there and parry take the reigns fully for us to move on. i think in moores and parry we have a combination that is not beaten at any other club in the premier league. moores basically lets parry get on with what he's good at - being a football administrator. parry hasn't been in charge too long and in that time he's overseen all the problems to get us planning permission on the park, the redevelopment of the training complex, he has started pushing moores along the investment route and managed to obtain the services of one of the most highly rated coaches in europe. all while the club has remained financially stable.

how anyone can complain at how our club has declined in the last 15 years is beyond me. you only need to look at our neighbours accross the park to realise we're very lucky indeed to have moores and parry.

well as Lick has just posted, he wasn't the chairman then - although he would be a year or two later. even so, that job to be the "visionary leader" lay with peter robinson - it's taken us to move on from there and parry take the reigns fully for us to move on. i think in moores and parry we have a combination that is not beaten at any other club in the premier league. moores basically lets parry get on with what he's good at - being a football administrator. parry hasn't been in charge too long and in that time he's overseen all the problems to get us planning permission on the park, the redevelopment of the training complex, he has started pushing moores along the investment route and managed to obtain the services of one of the most highly rated coaches in europe. all while the club has remained financially stable.

how anyone can complain at how our club has declined in the last 15 years is beyond me. you only need to look at our neighbours accross the park to realise we're very lucky indeed to have moores and parry.

Amen.......

Absolutely spot on

Fucking hell, I haven't seen so much shit on a single thread for a long long time.

What qualifies any person to become the chairman of a football club............one thing - cash, spondolicks, bread you can call it whatever the fuck you want but the only qualification required is money, and it doesn't matter where the fuck it comes from the only thing that matters is that it is there.

The current chairman might not be perfect (can anyone name the perfect chairman), but he does want the best for this club and is not afraid to pay from his own pocket to try to achieve the success we all crave, who is to say that Morgan or whoever else will be any better.

It is true that some managers have been kept on a little past their sell by dates, but do any of you think Rafa would be here now if he thought he would be sacked after one season, part of the attraction of this club to a manager like Rafa and Mourinho before Chelsea decided they wanted him is that they know they will be given a fair crack at trying to lay foundations and build something special.

Feckin jokers....maybe we should send Mr Moores to the "Jesus Gil school for successful club chairmen" to gain an NVQ in how to be a football chairman.

To blame this chairman for us not winning the title for 14 years is nothing short of the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Seems to me that some people have a chip on their shoulder because their dads didn't leave them in charge of a football club.

What qualifies any person to become the chairman of a football club............one thing - cash, spondolicks, bread you can call it whatever the fuck you want but the only qualification required is money, and it doesn't matter where the fuck it comes from the only thing that matters is that it is there.

Erm, exactly. It isn't there!!!

Erm, exactly. It isn't there!!!

Sorry I didn't realise I was talking to the clubs financial director, I bow down to your "superior" knowledge of Mr Moores financial situation, and to the "fact" that you know there is no money.....lets see what happens in Jan eh???

Sorry I didn't realise I was talking to the clubs financial director, I bow down to your "superior" knowledge of Mr Moores financial situation, and to the "fact" that you know there is no money.....lets see what happens in Jan eh???

Good man.

Keep up the bowing. You'll go far ;-)