Quantcast
Report: Liverpool leading race for Benfica youngster Rafael Brito - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TLW

Report: Liverpool leading race for Benfica youngster Rafael Brito

Liverpool are reportedly showing a great deal of interest in one of European Football’s most exciting under-age talents in Rafael Brito.

The recently turned 18 year-old Portuguese defensive midfielder has represented his country from U/15s level, is yet to make his senior debut for Benfica, but has impressed many observers with his displays for the B side.

While Brito has a £38 million release clause, The Mirror reports this will only be activated once he makes his senior debut.

Liverpool are believed to leading the pack in chasing Brito which is believed to include Real Madrid and Barcelona.

brito.jpg

Much is this is to do with the recommendation of Brito by elite development coach Vitor Matos who joined the Reds from Porto in October of last year and has vast experience in the youth set-up in Portugal.

Liverpool have shown they are willing to plan for.the future as well as the present when signing the likes of Harvey Elliott and Sepp van den Berg.

So don’t be surprised if they make a play for this talented prospect.

View full article

45 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Wait, you mean he didn’t feature in Stacksy’s young studs article? Surely not?

If he did, I'm gonna look a bit daft now aren't I.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

You can't be in a B team and be a stud, mate. That's common sense. Think about it before asking a question like that. 

Convenient 

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

You can't be in a B team and be a stud, mate. That's common sense. Think about it before asking a question like that. 

Silly me, always thinking out aloud before engaging my brain.