You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

India has close on a thousand births a day,, so the population remains roughly the same. Your chances of dying of covid in India are slimmer than slim.

Someone once told me that if you want to get slim, go to India on holiday. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Someone once told me that if you want to get slim, go to India on holiday. 

A trip to remember for months, it took that long to recover. I was on the shitter as the plane landed at Heathrow, they offered me oxygen in my seat minutes before. I've never been as ill

I was offered the Delhi job each year, and I told them to fuck off. Lovely people, but I didn't have the resistances they have. 

I think the India deaths are being understated. We were experiencing nearly 1000 deaths a day in the UK at the peak. India's population is over 1 billion, most of the population live in crowded homes, healthcare isn't that great etc. The true death toll has to be at least 10 times the number being reported.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Gnasher said:

India has close on a thousand births a day,, so the population remains roughly the same. Your chances of dying of covid in India are slimmer than slim.

India has about 70,000 births per day, and about 25,000 deaths, which is why the population is exploding rather than remaining constant.

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Izzy has a cold, not allowed in school without a test so just had to drive 2.5 hours to Wales to get tested 

There’s a cold knocking about down here that, conveniently, comes with a fucking cough!

We’ve all had it and had to be tested, but it’s causing chaos as people need to isolate if they have symptoms and testing is useless.

49 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Izzy has a cold, not allowed in school without a test so just had to drive 2.5 hours to Wales to get tested 

The guidelines we've been given here in Ireland are that a cold is ok, once there's no cough or fever. 

Both my children have had snotty nose this weekend, we haven't even thought of ringing up for a test for them. 

9 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

The guidelines we've been given here in Ireland are that a cold is ok, once there's no cough or fever. 

Both my children have had snotty nose this weekend, we haven't even thought of ringing up for a test for them. 

She’s got a cough and sounds like Phyllis Pierce 

30 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

She’s got a cough and sounds like Phyllis Pierce 

Ah ok, yeah, once there's a cough you have to get it done. 

Hopefully it's just your standard cold, and you'se get the results back quickly 

The primary school our little lad goes to sent 4 different classes home this week because kids tested positive for covid. It's such a pain in the arse. The mood around seemed to be getting much better, but now this has brought it all down again. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

There’s a cold knocking about down here that, conveniently, comes with a fucking cough!

We’ve all had it and had to be tested, but it’s causing chaos as people need to isolate if they have symptoms and testing is useless.

Yep, got the same here, so we're all off for a test this avvie. The website was fucking shite, finding nowhere. Then a mate told me it's because I was using my phone and to do it on my laptop and then 1st time I got Bootle town hall.