You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Draft Ideas

Bjornebye

Guest Alex_K
3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

@DimReaper

I assume Filipe Luis playing for Real Madrid B doesn't count as having played for Real Madrid?

No, it shouldn't count based on the rules agreed re: B teams not being applicable (he's a good pick - top defender)

12 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Couldn’t believe my luck Casillas is still available. Probably best goalkeeper ever to have played in La Liga?

@3 Stacks

He was another of the 3 I was debating picking. Excellent keeper. Best ever to have played in La Liga? Debatable.

Guest Alex_K

@DimReaper -- Yeah I was about to write to @Bjornebye to check which pick he was referring to! I did make an edit a few minutes after picking (I think) - if its a problem, let me know & I can revert it before @John102 goes. Sorry about that. If Stig gets his final picks right I think he is well in with a chance at winning this one.

Guest Alex_K
13 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

He was talking about the original one because I only looked at the selection thread after his post and it wasn't Capdevila then. Anyway, I personally don't care about you changing it. I was only mentioning it in case someone had scratched the original one off their list.

Ok got it - in that case I'm going to revert it - I had made the change on the assumption noone would see, but if it was then best to play by the rules and keep the original pick. If you can edit your post to remove the reference to the player I edited my pick to it may be good before anyone else sees.

Guest Alex_K

@DimReaper - scratch that, appears I can no longer edit my post. If anyone on the run of pickers above me were planning to take the player I've got there currently, then I can revert. If he wouldn't have been taken by anyone anyway then we can just leave it.

I have a history of shit full backs in these , they normally fuck me up so I got two boss ones in early for this. Hoping I get my CB picks.

Oh and when the fuck did Chilavert get picked you rabid bastard ? 

Guest Alex_K
9 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

I was considering picking him myself, which actually would have given me 3 of the back 4 from Spain's Euro 2008 win. However, I went with the Carboni for the Valencia double-up instead.

Yeah Carboni was on my shortlist too - great player. My original pick was super talented but I think there may have been some frowning of him at left back (although he was very successful in that position).

Had someone else to go on the right side of my attack as I had Bale on the left but I've switched him to the right to accommodate Neymar. Dickhead yes but no way should he not have been picked ages ago.