You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

MCU Discussion Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Paul

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Isn't there something in the comics about Scorpion getting the Venom gloop?

Scorpion is still an open thread from Homecoming and the fact the gloop is missing in Mexico before Hardy vanishes again, maybe builds to this.

Very good point, however Scorpion would have forgotten about Spider-Man’s identity by the end of No Way Home.

Unless they go with the angle of the symbiotie being able to remember I guess, which then passes on the knowledge when they bond.

Not sure a Mac Gargan Venom vs Spider-Man would have the same pull as an Eddie Brock Venom.

Can’t see Tom Hardy being happy about being sidelined from that film either, as he’s been vocal about pushing for it to happen.

15 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Not sure how I feel about the eventual introduction of Venom. He was a shite character in Spider-Man 3 and I don’t like the first Tom Hardy film at all (not seen the second). Doesn’t seem like Hardy will be in the MCU so I assume they are going down a different avenue.

Give the second one a chance.  It’s a very different film from the 1st.  The Carnage stuff is superbly done.  Crazy how much cgi has come on.  I don’t think we’re going to be looking back on it in ten years time and laugh at how poor it looks ever again.

1 hour ago, Juniper said:

Very good point, however Scorpion would have forgotten about Spider-Man’s identity by the end of No Way Home.

Unless they go with the angle of the symbiotie being able to remember I guess, which then passes on the knowledge when they bond.

Would it matter if Scorpion doesn’t remember Spider-man? If he’s still Scorpion and up to no good in New York, Spider-Man will try and stop him. 

I genuinely think with the Mexican ending, that’s where they’ll go. Brock could have been anywhere, very coincidental he was in Mexico. 

Hopefully they treat Michael Mando (Nacho) better than his Better Call Saul alumni Tony Dalton (Lalo) in Hawkeye….what a waste.

Anyway, I’m just glad that nonce Topher Grace didn’t turn up. He makes Hayden Christensen look like Brando. Almost. 

19 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Give the second one a chance.  It’s a very different film from the 1st.  The Carnage stuff is superbly done.  Crazy how much cgi has come on.  I don’t think we’re going to be looking back on it in ten years time and laugh at how poor it looks ever again.

Cheers. Might do as work will be dead next week! 

Anyway, speaking of Hawkeye, has in been mentioned in here?

I thought the first couple of episodes were really poor. The “bantz” between Barton and Bishop was nauseating - which was a shame as I like both actors. 

The episodes with Echo & Florence Pugh have been much, much better. I love Pugh.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Would it matter if Scorpion doesn’t remember Spider-man? If he’s still Scorpion and up to no good in New York, Spider-Man will try and stop him. 

I genuinely think with the Mexican ending, that’s where they’ll go. Brock could have been anywhere, very coincidental he was in Mexico. 

Hopefully they treat Michael Mando (Nacho) better than his Better Call Saul alumni Tony Dalton (Lalo) in Hawkeye….what a waste.

Anyway, I’m just glad that nonce Topher Grace didn’t turn up. He makes Hayden Christensen look like Brando. Almost. 

Sounds like Marvel are pushing ahead with the Secret Wars film(s) with the Russo brothers in negotiations to direct again, so maybe he'll wear the Symbiote suit for that.

Tooher Grace's Venom was referenced in No Way Home, one of the negatives of the film!! 

15 hours ago, Red74 said:

How goods it when Doc Ocks gets introduced

Best bit of the MCI since Endgame. Given all the MCU films that have come since 2004 & Spider-Man films, it’s easy to forget what a good character Molina played. 

Although I do enjoy the escapism of the MCU, there have only been a couple of memorable villains and Doc Ock is one of them. Defoe’s Goblin was good as well. 

On a side note, the bits referencing McGuire’s back injury and Garfield’s efforts being lame were smartly done. 

• Upvote 2

On 19/12/2021 at 11:10, Juniper said:

Also, does this mean the previous Spider-Man films are now technically MCU films?

Feige’s said it’s all canon now. 

Saw it this afternoon and it was great. Loved the tearjerker bits, loved Matt Murdoch’s cameo, loved the symbiote being left in this universe. Pissed off Sony only let Marvel have a trailer at the end instead of a proper teaser. 

• Like 1

Just finished Hawkeye. Thought it was really enjoyable without being especially substantial. It still feels mad how rapidly the MCU is expanding though. It’s like there are new characters appearing on average at least weekly if you consider the films and TV shows.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, skend04 said:

This was leaked a few days back. Looks like it makes What If...? more than just a sideshow.

Yeah that trailer is attached to the end credits of Spider-Man.

They finished reshoots in recent days, part of that is to add even more new characters we have seen before in non MCU films of the past, so the MCU is to expand even further - if those rumours are true. 

16 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Yeah that trailer is attached to the end credits of Spider-Man.

They finished reshoots in recent days, part of that is to add even more new characters we have seen before in non MCU films of the past, so the MCU is to expand even further - if those rumours are true. 

Chris Evans is back...

As Johnny Storm.

Toby Maguire and Andrew Garfield a given.

Alfred Molina just being ace.

Defoe’s close-to-comic Green Goblin outfit, and managing to pull facial expressions that were as close as possible to the comic goblin mask.

J. Jonah Jameson.

Daredevil! - ok the Earth 606 version of Matt Murdoch (which judging by the Kingpin in Hawkeye is deffo an alternative to the Netflix universe version).

All the classic villains vs three Spider Men.

‘With great power’ call back.

Marisa Tomei’s May being uncommonly decent even at her last.

Peter sacrificing what little happiness he had left for his friends happiness.

Sertimg up a Sony Miles Morales Spider-Man.

People can talk fan service all they want but that was ace. Action, heart, and characters you could care about - even some of the villains.

• Upvote 1