You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

3 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Think of it from the buying club's perspective - they only care about the total amount a player costs them per season. So if they buy someone for £50m and pay them £100k/week for a 5-year deal that comes out to a total cost of £15m/season (10m/season amortisation of the fee and 5m/season to the player). 2/3 of the total outlay goes to the player's former club and not the player himself, but if you're the buyer you don't really care which of them gets what.

The problem with this is if you are the buying club and you sign a player on a free on huge wages, suddenly all the top players in your squad will be demanding a pay rise.

Imagine if we'd signed Ramsey on 400k a week, on the basis it was a free transfer! Salah, Mane and Firmino would be on half or less than half of that.

2 hours ago, Grinch said:

I don't really recall any strong links to Salah leaving tbh. 

I personally would not call the Mane links strong...

Liverpool forward Sadio Mane has been linked with a summer move to Real Madrid by two different Spanish outlets.

Mane has been one of Liverpool’s most important players this season, scoring 11 goals in his last 11 games and helping the Reds to reach the last eight of the Champions League and mount a title push.

The Senegal international has earned admiring glances from Real Madrid in particular, with Zinedine Zidane planning a squad overhaul at the Bernabeu this summer.

France Football recently claimed that there is concrete interest from Real in Mane, while fresh reports in Spain today in El Confidencial (via Sport Witness) that Mane ‘has been seduced’ by the idea of playing under Zidane at the Bernabeu.

Marca also admit that Mane could be tempted by Real but claim his ‘admiration’ for Jurgen Klopp ‘could stop his departure to any other destination’.

The Spanish newspaper adds that ‘Zizou’s magnetism’ will have a big say as to whether Mane stays at Liverpool or joins Real.

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I don't see Real spending over 150ml on Mane. 

Agreed. We’ll want at least that much and how much will they have to spend? £300 mil absolute maximum I reckon, maybe a bit more if they can shift Bale and Isco for decent fees. 

If they go for Neymar or Mbappe that’s most of their budget gone, even if they don’t I can’t see them spending half their budget on Mane. They’ve been linked with Pogba, Eriksen and Hazard who would all cost less than Mane imo.

Its good that our players are getting linked with moves like that because it means they are playing well. It is also shit though, makes me jealous. Its like some fella following your missus on Instagram and liking her pics. Fuck off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Don't be fooled by the article. That's just that RS paper putting gobshite articles to take away the focus from the Everton becoming financial powerhouse article.

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

A list of kids who could demand decent fees. 

How about selling the high waged players who offer fuck all in the first team.    The likes of Wilson shouldn't be sold ahead of Lallana, Origi and Sturridge  that's for sure. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Its good that our players are getting linked with moves like that because it means they are playing well. It is also shit though, makes me jealous. Its like some fella following your missus on Instagram and liking her pics. Fuck off. 

You'll not need to worry about that.

3 hours ago, Grinch said:

A list of kids who could demand decent fees. 

How about selling the high waged players who offer fuck all in the first team.    The likes of Wilson shouldn't be sold ahead of Lallana, Origi and Sturridge  that's for sure. 

Sturridge leaves anyway as he's out of contract. Think both Lallana and Origi will go as we could get about £30m for them combined. 

We managed to get £39m for Ings and Solanke who weren't contributing much, if anything.

Quite amazing to think we could be looking at bringing in 90ml or so without losing much of the players that play. 

Ings

Mingolet

Moreno

Clyne

Lallana 

Milner(assuming he goes) 

Origi

Sturridge 

Kent 

Awoniyi

Ejaria

Not only the cash from sales but there has to be near 500k a week in savings in all them too. 

Add to that I reckon Lovren will go. Don't see him as the type to sit on the bench and be happy. Another what 15-20ml and 90k off the wage bill. 

15 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Quite amazing to think we could be looking at bringing in 90ml or so without losing much of the players that play. 

Ings

Mingolet

Moreno

Clyne

Lallana 

Milner(assuming he goes) 

Origi

Sturridge 

Kent 

Awoniyi

Ejaria

Not only the cash from sales but there has to be near 500k a week in savings in all them too. 

Add to that I reckon Lovren will go. Don't see him as the type to sit on the bench and be happy. Another what 15-20ml and 90k off the wage bill. 

That’s only good if they’re replaced with better players.