You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

If Brighton can just hold on against Wolves (or, ideally, beat them) then Cardiff will surely be less inclined to put 10 men behind the ball tomorrow. 

A rare shaft of sunlight there mate. Has someone hacked your account? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DirkDiggledinho said:

Spurs only looking half interested, having given everything they had in midweek.

I genuinely think for a large chunk of United fans us winning the league is less desirable than City beating them at home to possibly clinch the title and consigning them to Europa, so I'm expecting a tame submission there.

Have to hope if that does happen one of Burnley, Brighton or Leicester can get something. It's not looking too good but at least if we keep winning City just need to slip once.

Would be a huge sickener for us both not to drop any more points, but you'd have to say if they can go on a winning run that long it's deserved, hard as it would be to take.

I'll be less gutted to lose it chasing than from a winning position to be honest. It was never going to be easy to finish above the Ivan Drago of footy.

We keep winning and there's every chance City will bottle it.  They struggled past a knackered Spurs side who still created enough to take a point. I reckon they'll face opponents who will try rather than lie down in their next three games. 

Leicester know only too well how good it is for football when an unlikely ‘gets up’ against the odds.

Having not won this thing for 29 years, we’re not exactly hot favourites. Leicester will deliver ‘for football’.

Still fucking livid about Oliver's display today. By not applying the rules properly the spineless cunt has quite possibly decided the destination of the title because of his fear of the backlash had he got it slightly wrong. That penalty decision was worthy of Webb at his Bacon face arse licking best.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, an tha said:

The 'defeatist' issue for me is not about us - it is about fact that nobody is giving these cheating bastards a game and nobody looks like they want to.

We need someome to take points off them and it hasn't looked even remotely likely in 10 straight games - there are only 4 left most of which are against dross.

The cowardly displays we have seen week in week out against these are the norm now and it is depressing.

We have put together not just a good title winning like season, but an exceptional one - a season rarely seen in history, even in our glorious one...and it is highly likely to mean nothing because of those cheating bastards and the absolute cowardice of the league generally.

Well said mate. 

We have had a fantastic season but not to win the league due to those cheating cunts is sickening and IMO they have ruined English football. They have cheated their way to the top and people saying if they win it they need to be congratulated.

Fuck that the cheating cunts deserve nothing as far as I am concerned. It is making it almost impossible to win the league unless you have a perfect season woth no defeats and all wins due to them cunts. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Leicester know only too well how good it is for football when an unlikely ‘gets up’ against the odds.

Having not won this thing for 29 years, we’re not exactly hot favourites. Leicester will deliver ‘for football’.

Leicester habe been on the beach for the past couple of weeks. 

They've cooked the books for years. All this buying foreign clubs shows how far they'll go to get round FFP. Most of these clubs and paying City money for football consultancy and scouting etc. It's all about getting money on the books around FFP. 

1 hour ago, andyj said:

why feel deflated ? to many draws in games we should have won is the harsh truth of it but we can still be proud of those stats if that indeed is the outcome.....its not over yet 

Dont get me wrong i am immensely proud of what we have done but it's not right when you are competing against the Lance Armstrong of Football. 

We should be champions this season but it feels like we are going to be cheated out of it.  

18 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Still fucking livid about Oliver's display today. By not applying the rules properly the spineless cunt has quite possibly decided the destination of the title because of his fear of the backlash had he got it slightly wrong. That penalty decision was worthy of Webb at his Bacon face arse licking best.

Spurs lost today because they missed the 5/6 good chances they had.You would be livid if that penalty was given against us.The twat should have added on more injury time after Sterling was acting the cunt granted and not sure how Fernandinho escaped a yellow but the result was not on him.Just need to do the business tomorrow and pray the red Mancs do us a favour on Wednesday 

11 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

They've cooked the books for years. All this buying foreign clubs shows how far they'll go to get round FFP. Most of these clubs and paying City money for football consultancy and scouting etc. It's all about getting money on the books around FFP. 

Yeah but Pep’s such a nice guy and he wears a little ribbon. 

2 minutes ago, Captain said:

They were always going to win today.

It's not over until they've won at Old Trafford at least.

That's the pivotal game, providing we keep winning. We must be the unluckiest team ever in regards to a league season if we come 2nd but if we do, let's dust ourselves down and win the fucker next season.

Oh and No.6 would be fucking nice.

• Upvote 1

I'm not pinning any hopes on the Mancs, they're not playing particularly well and I think that their fans would prefer City to win this over us. I have the unfortunate 'pleasure' to work with a number of them and to a man they'd prefer to lose to City on Wednesday and drop into the Europa than beat them and possibly hand us the chance to win the league. There is absolutely no doubt in their minds. So in spite of them being their city rivals, in spite of City being financially doped up cheats, their vitriol for, and rivalry with, us transcends all of that. If what I hear them say is typcial of their wider fan base then the atmosphere in that stadium on Wednesday will not be a typical derby one and I wonder just how much the players will want it. Like some others here any hopes we have of City losing points will be against lesser teams who hopefully will be playing for pride rather than thinking about their summer holidays!

We just have to look after our own business. If City drop points, then great, but if not, then we'll set records for a second place finishing team in the league that may possibly never be broken!