You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

VAR Thoughts?

Lee909

7 hours ago, JustTosh said:

This, however, was not one to complain about.

I am shocked that people are happy with VAR being used like this. I bet if you slowed it down sufficiently, you could justify Virge's winner being chalked off for some wrestling between Quansah and his marker.

27 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I am shocked that people are happy with VAR being used like this. I bet if you slowed it down sufficiently, you could justify Virge's winner being chalked off for some wrestling between Quansah and his marker.

Why do you compare the two? Endo was caught offside. He wasn't penalized because of the block.

12 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

Why do you compare the two? Endo was caught offside. He wasn't penalized because of the block.

He was, but it was a subjective call as he didn't touch the ball. It was with the block that they decided he'd gained an advantage by being in an offside position. Technically correct, but still harsh. I hope that they start to scrutinise Arsenal's set pieces with as much forensic detail.

Edit: just read the last couple of pages, and all this has already been covered pretty much. Right decision just about, but still pisses me off.

• Upvote 1

Using the current referee acronym P.I.G. Endo;

Plays the Ball= No.

Interferes With an Opponent = Yes.

Gains an Advantage = Yes/No.

This is how it would be explained. 

A lengthy delay,in my opinion,means there was enough doubt that any decision(not just this one) should remain unchanged. And this is perhaps the biggest downfall of this shitty attempt at getting everything as correct as possible.

13 minutes ago, NoelM said:

The PGMOL are a vindictive shower and they act fast. Their commitment to needling LFC is up there with Rio Ferdinands commitment to being always wrong.

GHVm7UJXUAAfcfY.jpg

That's 5 out of the last 9 league matches where Tierney (3) or Taylor (2) have been ref. And Tierney was also on VAR at Bournemouth when they should have had a red card. Must admit, Tierney could have been a lot worse in the Chelsea 4-1 game. Webb is definitely running scared, though.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, NoelM said:

The PGMOL are a vindictive shower and they act fast. Their commitment to needling LFC is up there with Rio Ferdinands commitment to being always wrong.

GHVm7UJXUAAfcfY.jpg

Is the Assistant VAR the guy who elbowed Robbo? 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, aws said:

You can justify the decision in isolation but harder to justify the way they selectively decide when  to apply the “letter of the law”. 

Yes. It’s like if someone got thrown out of Wembley for persistent standing.

Good to see consistency in how games are officiated in a competition....

Useless cunts.

"VAR is in play in the FA Cup, but only at Premier League grounds. That means only Blackburn v Newcastle tonight is without the technology."

• 2 weeks later...

There’s absolutely no point to it is there?

When you can’t use it to correct the type of mistake Oliver did today, it ONLY takes AWAY from the game, adds nothing positive to it.

Some clubs in Norway (our version of it is a Lidl-type - predictably at least as bad as everywhere else) have started to fight back. The members at Rosenborg BK (Norway’s biggest club) and Strømsgodset have both gotten board resolutions to start working actively to remove it from the league. Hopefully other clubs here follow suit, and we can get rid of it .

Wishful thinking perhaps, but hopefully Klopp leaves with a few barrels aimed at both the PGMOL and the decision-makers thinking VAR was a good idea.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

My mind is in turmoil, my head is still spinning, but one thing is crystal clear, PGMOL are ruining the game. They're incompetent and corrupt. Their smugness, ignorance and arrogance is jaw dropping.

The LA Raiders motto used to be Commitment To Excellence. The PGMOL should have a motto - Commitment To Ruining The Game...every single weekend.

1 hour ago, lebron said:

Some clubs in Norway (our version of it is a Lidl-type - predictably at least as bad as everywhere else) have started to fight back. The members at Rosenborg BK (Norway’s biggest club) and Strømsgodset have both gotten board resolutions to start working actively to remove it from the league.

Love that. Can't understand why there isn't a bigger movement, involving clubs and fans.

• Upvote 1

I was an advocate for it & I do believe in the right hands it can work.  However after the events of this season & the PGMOL’s shenanigans if fuck it off for good now.  

• Downvote 1