You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Drugs

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Exactly what I said. 

You helped this. You've voted Tory. 

Your selfish behaviour has directly helped these entitled pricks become the most right wing government on the planet. To the right of Brazil. 

What does the graph you posted show? I mean the legend says it’s economically - which is one measure.  But you either missed that or ignored it. The governments policies are shite, they are all hopeless and the sooner they are out the better.  

I have never voted for this government.  

Did you vote for Blair?  

6 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Exactly what I said. 

You helped this. You've voted Tory. 

Your selfish behaviour has directly helped these entitled pricks become the most right wing government on the planet. To the right of Brazil. 

Hands up if you can’t read graphs legends. 

5 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I left the UK in disgust and dismay after the disappointment of seeing what a Tony Blair government actually meant after years of Tory rule. 

I moved here before Iraq.

You carried on working for British Gas and voting Tory.

No, you voted for him. You should be ashamed.  Seriously, have a word.  Unbelievable really.  

Ha, I should have changed my job?  Ha ha ha for what reason?  This is very funny by the way.  

37 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

So not what you said then?  Phew. Just for the record is far right worst than far left? 

It's a matter of personal opinion to decide which is worse.

"Far left" means workers rights, progressive taxation, publicly run public services, opposition to all forms of bigotry, investment in health, education, housing, etc.

"Far right" means grotesque inequality and the promotion of all forms of bigotry.

I know which one I prefer.

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's a matter of personal opinion to decide which is worse.

"Far left" means workers rights, progressive taxation, publicly run public services, opposition to all forms of bigotry, investment in health, education, housing, etc.

"Far right" means grotesque inequality and the promotion of all forms of bigotry.

I know which one I prefer.

Yeah but which one means my kid gets pony rides?

2 minutes ago, Strontium said:

I'm shitting everyone all of the time.

I don't want to live under far anything, for what it's worth.

It's all a question of definition, really. According to most of our political media, any concern for democracy and social justice is Far Left.

25 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's all a question of definition, really. According to most of our political media, any concern for democracy and social justice is Far Left.

I've seen no evidence that most of the political media feels that way at all, but anyone who says that is surely not worth listening to in the first place.

To bring the topic back around to drugs, it is striking how drugs policy has historically been as repressive under far left regimes as those on the right.