You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Hearing from Leipzig that the #Keïta deal will be about €95 million (not confirmed yet). The deal appears to be done. #LFC

Bild are now reporting this too. They say a deal for Naby Keita can be done in January if Liverpool raise the transfer fee to €95m

The search for Liverpool’s mystery transfer target continues. Apparently @JNorthcroft said he was Premier League based!

Hearing from Leipzig that the #Keïta deal will be about €95 million (not confirmed yet). The deal appears to be done. #LFC

Bild are now reporting this too. They say a deal for Naby Keita can be done in January if Liverpool raise the transfer fee to €95m

The search for Liverpool’s mystery transfer target continues. Apparently @JNorthcroft said he was Premier League based!

French and Premier League?

15.25: Liverpool remain locked in talks over the early signing of Naby Keita as he prepares to wave goodbye to RB Leipzig fans.

Liverpool are keen to bring the transfer forward to this month after agreeing a deal for the summer last year.

And Keita wants to make the move now and help Liverpool recover from the sale of Philippe Coutinho.

Leipzig manager Ralph Hasenhuttl insists the situation remains the same and he will stay until the summer.

But Express Sport understands Keita will say goodbye to fans today in the match against Schalke.

Today a picture has emerged online him wearing a Liverpool shirt and Reds fans have begun welcoming him to the club.

And talks remain ongoing over the deal but it appears closer than earlier in the week.

Pulisic to Man Utd...

14.50: Manchester United have been backed to sign Borussia Dortmund star Christian Pulisic ahead of Liverpool.

Pulisic has been linked with a move to Manchester United and bitter rivals Liverpool in this transfer window.

The 19-year-old midfielder has been a regular in the Borussia Dortmund side this season, scoring four goals in 23 games in all competitions.

Liverpool legend Steve Nicol is a fan of the USA international, who he has seen a lot of during his work as a pundit for ESPN.

He says Pulisic has the potential to become a world-class player but has advised him to avoid a move to Man United until the summer of 2019.

“Again this would be down the line,” Nicol said on ESPN FC.

“I think Pulisic is a sensible kid, he’s only just now a regular at Dortmund.

“I think he needs to stay there for another 12 months anyway.

“Now, does he go to Man United eventually? I think definitely there is a possibility of this being a hit.

“The kid I think is going to be good enough, I think he’s going to develop into a world-class player.

“And from a commercial point of view for Manchester United, I think this is a no-brainer.

“I think we’re talking 18-months time from now, there’s a real possibility Pulisic goes to

Thomas Lemar update

13:45: Thomas Lemar will only join Liverpool if he can be assured over his playing time.

Bleacher Report say the France international is wanted by the Reds and Arsene Wenger's Arsenal.

But Lemar wants guarantees over his game time with the World Cup in Russia on the horizon.

Bale for Salah?

According to Spanish outlet Don Balon, Real Madrid are willing to swap Gareth Bale for Mohamed Salah this summer.

The report claims Madrid would offer Bale as a straight swap, with no other cash or incentives involved.