You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

We're the laughing stock of football at the moment.  

"HELP US, WE CAN'T SPEND ANY MONEY".

At least Spurs aren't deluding their supporters, they're intentionally keeping hold of the money.  Whereas out mob are like "WE NEED TO SPEND £150M ON TWO PLAYERS WITH A COMBINED 32 INTERNATIONAL CAPS AND HUGELY LIMITED CHAMPIONS LEAGUE EXPERIENCE".

"SIR, THEIR CLUBS DONT WANT TO SELL"

"INCREASE THE OFFERS BY £5M"

"BUT SIR, £5M IN THE CURRENT MARKET IS..."

"I SAID INCREASE BY £10M"

"PROBABLY STILL NOT ENOUGH SIR..."

"STATUS REPORT"

"NOT CHANGING CAPTAIN, AND WE'VE WASTED 8 WEEKS"

"HOLD..."

"HOLD..."

"STATUS REPORT"

"NOT CHANGING CAPTAIN, IN FACT, I THINK THEY MIGHT NOT EVEN SELL TO US NEXT YEAR NOW"

"KEEP HOLDING"

"STATUS REPORT"

"NO CHANGE"

"FUCK IT, PACK UP, I DIDN'T EVEN WANT THEM ANYWAY"

Give it a fucking rest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40953662

Southampton captain Virgil van Dijk is "not for sale", according to club chairman Ralph Krueger.

The Netherlands centre-back, 26, handed in a transfer request last week and it is understood he wanted to move to Premier League rivals Liverpool.

"Virgil is not for sale in this window - it's not personal," he said of the player that joined the club in 2015.

"It's not about him, it's about an overall much, much, much bigger picture - a change of course for Southampton."

On Monday, Chinese businessman Jisheng Gao and his family completed a deal to buy 80% of the south coast club.

Krueger suggested that the Saints wanted some stability in their squad, adding: "We want to mature, we want to be a team that can profit from synergies that create a much more attractive football and a better product for the fans, and gives us a chance to get back into Europe.

"That's one player in this whole equation of 25 and it is the visible one. But for us it's the principle and it's the path and it's the statement we need to make to get to a new space as a club.

"We are very, very adamant about carrying this through."

Van Dijk did not feature in Saturday's Premier League opener against Swansea because of a virus. Saints manager Mauricio Pellegrino, who ordered the Dutchman to train alone in the summer, said before the weekend that he wants the defender to stay.

The Netherlands international been strongly linked with a move to Liverpool this summer as well as attracting interest from Premier League champions Chelsea and Manchester City.

However, the Anfield club said they ended their interest in June after Saints said they were going to report them to the Premier League for making an alleged illegal approach.

Van Dijk signed a new six-year contract in May 2016, having joined for £13m from Celtic in September 2015.

Does this mean he's not coming now?

Does this mean he's not coming now?

I have no idea what any of this means...

"That's one player in this whole equation of 25 and it is the visible one. But for us it's the principle and it's the path and it's the statement we need to make to get to a new space as a club.

For that reason, it's still on.

I have no idea what any of this means...

For that reason, it's still on.

They want a squad of 24 invisible players, plus one they can see. Cue lots of "let's give them Gini and Hendo in exchange for VVD" suggestions.

Is our defence still shit?

A candy-colored clown they call the sandman

Tiptoes to my room every night

Just to sprinkle star dust and to whisper

"Go to sleep, everything is alright"

I close my eyes then I drift away

Into the magic night, I softly say

A silent prayer like dreamers do

Then I fall asleep to dream my dreams of you

In dreams I walk with you

In dreams I talk to you

In dreams you're mine all the time