You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2017

Captain Turdseye

I'm sure you could list 10 better fights technically or even for drama, but when you are heavily invested in wanting one of the guys to win it makes it that much better. My heart was in my mouth from round 5 onwards (well maybe not round 7 where they could both only just stand).

It's like Liverpool in a certain event, you might see better matches but these are the best due to your partiality.

I wrote in the other thread, a little bit tongue-in-cheek, that it was the nearest I'd seen to Rocky v Drago. On a real world level it probably was. So I know what you mean when you made the original post. Again, in my adult years.

Guest Pistonbroke

Fair fucks to VK though, I had AJ to win in 4 and at one point I thought it was just a matter of time before VK knocked him out. I'm guessing that although he tried his punches held less power after expanding himself. Much the same could be said about AJ but he found a second wind and his younger body proved to be the winner as both boxers tried to close the fight out in the latter rounds. 

I'm sure we all loved the fight though, so credit to both of them, they deserve it. 

Yeah mate, isn't your wife Ukrainian? So I can understand why you were heavily invested in both fighters. My missus and her family are Russian and love Klitshko, I was a bit of a neutral myself and just wanted to see a good fight. I picked AJ to win rd 4 from a betting view, but I was happy to see it go a lot longer. Both boxers gave it a damned good go and I can fully respect that having being a boxer myself. The fans don't know what these boxers put themselves through, at the top level it must be a lonely journey. 

Yes she is though she hates boxing and I was all in on Joshua. However I have liked and rated the Klitschko's since Vitali dismantled Herbie Hide something like 20 years ago and have consistently stuck up for them and rated them highly when people say they have no legacy in the all time list. They have had their fair share of dull fights too, including the one fight I've ever been too in Germany when he fought David Haye.

The state of Joshua in the 5th and 6th rounds was so clear to see, but I think Wlad was fucked as well and twas waiting to land a big shot on the counter, but when AJ didn't throw anything, he didn't really know how to deal with it. It was a strange fight in many ways, the first 4 rounds went very much like I thought they would with a lot of respect and cageyness. Then Joshua flew out the traps in the 5th and a combination of absolutely dying on his arse and Klitschko landing a few shots just changed the fight into an epic.

Guest Pistonbroke

Yes she is though she hates boxing and I was all in on Joshua. However I have liked and rated the Klitschko's since Vitali dismantled Herbie Hide something like 20 years ago and have consistently stuck up for them and rated them highly when people say they have no legacy in the all time list. They have had their fair share of dull fights too, including the one fight I've ever been too in Germany when he fought David Haye.

The state of Joshua in the 5th and 6th rounds was so clear to see, but I think Wlad was fucked as well and twas waiting to land a big shot on the counter, but when AJ didn't throw anything, he didn't really know how to deal with it. It was a strange fight in many ways, the first 4 rounds went very much like I thought they would with a lot of respect and cageyness. Then Joshua flew out the traps in the 5th and a combination of absolutely dying on his arse and Klitschko landing a few shots just changed the fight into an epic.

5th round VK was bollixed mate, VK caught AJ in the 6th. I actually thought AJ wouldn't come back from that, but fair fucks that he did. VK lost tonight because of age, pure and simple. A 30 year old VK would have killed AJ. He just ran out of steam and couldn't finish the job off when given the chance. It happens. 

5th round VK was bollixed mate, VK caught AJ in the 6th. I actually thought AJ wouldn't come back from that, but fair fucks that he did. VK lost tonight because of age, pure and simple. A 30 year old VK would have killed AJ. He just ran out of steam and couldn't finish the job off when given the chance. It happens. 

The last 2 minutes of the 5th was all Klitschko, AJ looked fucked in a very short space of time, it really didn't look good. It was as bad as anything that followed in the 6th.

Had to laugh just read where in Watford Joshua grew up

The press making it out like Brixton. It ism't nice but fuck i grew up in the same area. He either lived in the same blocks of flats i did or the ones a few hundred metres away behind the shops. Made to think he was there in the late 80s early 90s as a baby while i was there as a kid

Rounds 1-4 could have gone either way.

5 was mental. He got the knockdown but lost the round. How is that marked? 6,7,8 he lost. Thought he won 9 until saw a replay of the punch he landed to win the round and Joshua actually walked into a big right at the same time he landed his own. He won the 10th and won the fight in the 11th.

Reminded me of froch v Taylor when he needed the knock out to win.

Generally if you knock someone down its a 10-8 round wether you won the rest or not. Occasionally youll see judges mark it back to 10-9 to the man scoring the knockdown but mostly even if you get beat for 2:50 seconds and get a knock down your getting a 10-8 round

Best heavyweight championship fight since Brewster-Liakovic and certainly belongs in the top 10 heavyweight title fans I have seen.

Boxing absolutely needed that after May-Pac hoodwinked the public. Let's hope that Canelo and Chavez follow it up, appropriately.

Leave me alone

It was late and ive hardly slept in three days

23316beadb6d124c677907ddd33ce16e.jpg

Can someone please help to find Wlad's head? It must have come off moments after this shot. Must have had a bit of whiplash after that.

Kudos to some of the undercard as well.

Quigg v Simion was excellent and Luke Campbell's wasn't the worst I have ever seen.

Didn't see the lower card stuff so can't comment, but not getting why Katie Taylor is so prominent on these bills. 

Kudos to some of the undercard as well.

Quigg v Simion was excellent and Luke Campbell's wasn't the worst I have ever seen.

Didn't see the lower card stuff so can't comment, but not getting why Katie Taylor is so prominent on these bills.

When did she fight? Was it right before the main event? I switched to a Showtime link when they came on air at 21:15 and they never even mentioned her name.

When did she fight? Was it right before the main event? I switched to a Showtime link when they came on air at 21:15 and they never even mentioned her name.

At about 6:30 in front of a couple of hundred people. Hardly top billing