You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2017

Captain Turdseye

Good decision to end. Punters annoyed but ref is right to protect the fighter who was getting pummelled and was only going to get brutalised the longer the fight went on.

He was going down in a  few punches had the ref not stopped it.  He was all over the place and throwing nothing back.

Good to see Joshua going 10 rounds and still looking decent in the later rounds.

Utter pish. Joshua threw everything he got and never even rocked the man and yes I know he was cut badly but he was taken every one of those punches with ease.

Ehhh.....  Joshua had already knocked him down a few rounds earlier...  His feet where wobbling all over the place at the end and wasn't throwing anything back.

Don't know what you where watching.

Ehhh..... Joshua had already knocked him down a few rounds earlier... His feet where wobbling all over the place at the end and wasn't throwing anything back.

Don't know what you where watching/

I dont know what fight you were watching either. He wasn't getting hurt and threw his arms out to say is that all you've got. Fighters seeing stars don't do that.

Jushua looked to be gassing badly too and the ref has robbed Takam the chance of a late shock. Not that I expect any different when goldenboy is involved.

I dont know what fight you were watching either. He wasn't getting hurt and threw his arms out to say is that all you've got. Fighters seeing stars don't do that.

Jushua looked to be gassing badly too and the ref has robbed Takam the chance of a late shock. Not that I expect any different when goldenboy is involved.

Yeah, I think Takam still had a chance. A slight one, but he was still competitive enough.

Utter shit...  He clearly was hurt, he wasn't even defending himself at the end ffs and like I said his feet where wobbling...  In the heavyweight division all it takes is one punch, and if you have a boxer like Takam unable to defend himself that could lead to serious health problems which the ref has to take into account. 

Fighters will try and fight on no matter what, pretending they aren't hurt. Its a pride thing.  Takam was clearly desperate just to go 12 rounds with Joshua.  He was never winning.  

Takam was definitely hurt at the end, no doubt, it would be daft to suggest that he wasn’t. And Joshua hurt him a few times before that as well.

The stoppage was really premature though.

I don’t think Joshua gassed, he was there throwing bombs in the 10th.

Utter shit... He clearly was hurt, he wasn't even defending himself at the end ffs and like I said his feet where wobbling... In the heavyweight division all it takes is one punch, and if you have a boxer like Takam unable to defend himself that could lead to serious health problems which the ref has to take into account.

Fighters will try and fight on no matter what, pretending they aren't hurt. Its a pride thing. Takam was clearly desperate just to go 12 rounds with Joshua. He was never winning.

Hmmm.

Watched the fight in hd on twitter, just seen the stoppage again.

Thought it was way too early, he looked fine to me, granted his eyes were fucked but if the ref didn’t stop it because of the eye injuries he had no real reason to stop it then.

To be honest I thought the ref was looking to stop it at any opportunity as the fight wore on, looked to me as if someone had pre conceived ideas that Joshua could tire in the latter rounds and didn’t want that to happen. It’s a world title fight for fucks sake, let him get knocked down and stay down, all this he could’ve got seriously hurt is bollocks. They could get hurt in 10 seconds and boxers are a different breed to us normal human beings, most would rather go out on their arse rather than the ref stopping a fight that was still competitive. Not that it’s nice to see at all so I’m not saying that but if a fighter gets hurt then it’s the risk they take stepping into the ring and are compensated highly for doing so, Takum probably earned more money than most will in a lifetime by fighting this fight. He should have been given the chance to shock the world as it went a bit longer.

• Upvote 1

I was talking more about serious injuries, which was clearly obvious by the rest of the sentence.. Takam landed a few big punches on Joshua which did nothing. He didn't have the power to KO Joshua.

You said yourself, if only takes one punch. All the Sky pundits think it was stopped early as well. Anyway, it’s done now, arguing about it on here isn’t gonna change anything.

The Tyson Fury that beat Wlad would outbox Joshua, in my opinion. It's shite that we'll probably never get to see it.

Even if Fury does come back he’ll never be the same guy ever again. He’s fucked now, he’s best just chatting shit saying he’s coming back just to keep his name relevant in certain circles so he can go on I’m a Celeb or something in a few years.

Takam was definitely hurt at the end, no doubt, it would be daft to suggest that he wasn’t. And Joshua hurt him a few times before that as well.

The stoppage was really premature though.

I don’t think Joshua gassed, he was there throwing bombs in the 10th.

I think Joshua was well in control, but I don't think saying he was gassed is an overstatement.

He threw the kitchen sink at Takam and was on the receiving end of murderous body work. Heavyweights are not really conditioned for that type of fight and I would have liked to seen what happened in the 11th and 12th.

I think Joshua was well in control, but I don't think saying he was gassed is an overstatement.

He threw the kitchen sink at Takam and was on the receiving end of murderous body work. Heavyweights are not really conditioned for that type of fight and I would have liked to seen what happened in the 11th and 12th.

I thought Joshua looked fine, condition wise. He was breathing heavily out of his mouth but that always happens when your nose gets broken. I don’t think Takam had anything to really hurt him.

I just thought Joshua’s own work was sloppy and a bit laboured. There may be some mitigating factors but overall it wasn’t a great performance.

Not a bad position to be in though when your sloppy performance is a comfortable win to retain multiple world titles!

Joshua is the very definition of "in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king". An average fighter in a generation full of below average fighters.

Boxing is just a shite money machine for cunts like Hearn and his ilk, and nowhere is it more obvious that the current heavyweight division.

I think that’s a bit harsh. He’s had 20 fights and is already a multiple world champion as well as an Olympic gold medalist.

It’s much more than any of us will ever achieve so you have to respect it.

He’s over-hyped though, definitely, and I think he’s letting it get to his head a bit as well.

He was breathing heavily out of his mouth but that always happens when your nose gets broken. 

Yup, that was his biggest issue and why the fight went on as long as it did.  Think that's the first time he's has his nose broke in a pro fight and it clearly affected him.  

Was an easy fight for him in the end, was never troubled by any of Takams punches.