You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (A), 8pm, 16/09/16, Friday Night Lights

Trumo

If Karius can only use one hand properly he shouldn't be anywhere near the team. Mind you, he'd still probably be as good as Mignolet, but when he comes in we need him to be a boss back there, so a good understanding can form with the he defence, and the team finds another gear.

An injured hand might get him started on the wrong foot, (ha!) so I'd rather wait.

However, if he's cleared to play, and he's been using the hand in training, bring it on!

I'm not sure about this one. One of the reasons we normally do very well against the bigger sides is because we pack the middle of the pitch with runners and hard workers which allows us to win second balls, counter-attack quickly and restrict the supply to their forwards through pressing. It works against the softies at City or Arsenal but I think this type of tactic will be harder to execute against thoroughbreds like Kante and Matic.

I have a feeling Klopp will go back to the Firmino false 9 tactic to keep things a bit tighter. Personally, I'd start Sturridge because I'd bank on him having a point to prove against one of his former clubs, but you can't really argue against the effectiveness we've had against bigger sides with Firmino playing up top.

I'm not sure about this one. One of the reasons we normally do very well against the bigger sides is because we pack the middle of the pitch with runners and hard workers which allows us to win second balls, counter-attack quickly and restrict the supply to their forwards through pressing. It works against the softies at City or Arsenal but I think this type of tactic will be harder to execute against thoroughbreds like Kante and Matic.

I have a feeling Klopp will go back to the Firmino false 9 tactic to keep things a bit tighter. Personally, I'd start Sturridge because I'd bank on him having a point to prove against one of his former clubs, but you can't really argue against the effectiveness we've had against bigger sides with Firmino playing up top.

On the other hand it could be because we're really good at exploiting the space that the big teams tend to leave you.  Pressing and the speed of our transition is where we excel.  Not sure if that'll be enough against Conte's version of chelsea, who don't give you any space.

Definitely take a draw. Conte is a pragmatic coach, which is a worry for us. Defence can be got at but their midfield looks imposing. Running at an immobile Terry would have been a benefit, but hopefully Luiz's lack of tactical discipline compensates.

Definitely take a draw. Conte is a pragmatic coach, which is a worry for us. Defence can be got at but their midfield looks imposing. Running at an immobile Terry would have been a benefit, but hopefully Luiz's lack of tactical discipline compensates.

Sadly, I think the former negates the latter. 

Luiz can go for a wander because Matic or Kante will fill in.

City and Chelsea are the only two teams in the league that really worry me this season. That doesn't mean I think we'll finish third, as we'll fuck up against lesser teams more than United and probably even Arsenal and Tottenham do, but they're the two teams that stand out in this league.

We have to keep Costa really quiet to have a chance of winning tonight.