You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rio 2016 Summer Olympics

Anubis

Guest Pistonbroke

Just time for the BBC to have a group wank because it's Usain Bolt's birthday. 

In other news I've only just realised the fitness of Emily Diamond and her fantastic arse, which sadly I can't find a picture of.

Closest I can get. 

407d5173597c1da9f78b61d29cf7bbac.JPG

37737D6A00000578-0-image-a-44_1471742946

She's the one on the left here. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Steve Cram not taking kindly to Paula Radcliffe making sharp observations

Thankfully I have it on mute, cram seems to get worse with age as far as commentating goes. He particularly fucks me off when commentating on one of his prodigies despite them putting in a wank performance. 

Considering the home nation of the previous Olympics usually suffers a slump in the following one, I think Team GB have done an amazing job in these games to actually increase the overall medal haul.  The fact that we've done it without significantly dropping the number of golds (27 compared to 29 in London) and have also managed to be sitting second in the medals table, above everybody except the USA just addsto the magnitude of the achivement.  Even factoring in the banned Russians wouldn't change it - we're 10 golds ahead of their 17 and they only won 24 golds in London.

Not that medals should be the only measure of the endeavours of our team - we've also had a hell of a lot of fourths, proving that even in those events where we're not quite able to reach the medal spots we do have world-class talent, in many cases talent which will still be competing and will have improved by the time the Tokyo games begin.

Been a brilliant two weeks.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Considering the home nation of the previous Olympics usually suffers a slump in the following one, I think Team GB have done an amazing job in these games to actually increase the overall medal haul.  The fact that we've done it without significantly dropping the number of golds (27 compared to 29 in London) and have also managed to be sitting second in the medals table, above everybody except the USA just addsto the magnitude of the achivement.  Even factoring in the banned Russians wouldn't change it - we're 10 golds ahead of their 17 and they only won 24 golds in London.

Not that medals should be the only measure of the endeavours of our team - we've also had a hell of a lot of fourths, proving that even in those events where we're not quite able to reach the medal spots we do have world-class talent, in many cases talent which will still be competing and will have improved by the time the Tokyo games begin.

I concur, well said mate. 

Absolutely agree

Great Britain won't beat 2012's gold medal haul but they could yet finish within one of that total. They've already beaten the overall total from 2012 and are guaranteed to finish 2nd in the overall standings, but the most impressive statistic is that they had 541 competitors in 2012 whereas this time around, they have 366.

The important thing to note is that several of their gold medallists are unlikely to be around for Tokyo 2020, so will the up-and-coming competitors be good enough to challenge for medals?

Guest Pistonbroke

I wish they would leave a few decent events for the last day of the Olympics, apart from Joe Joyce boxing later the last day is really short of decent events.