You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

“Lack of personality, lack of desire,” Mourinho told reporters.

“The performance was not as good as the result, the result was better than the performance. We deserved to win clearly, we had the match under control but we didn’t play well. We didn’t play as I wanted them to play, we didn’t play as I prepared the team to play.

“Sometimes there is a contradiction between what you work on in the past two days and what you did on the pitch. That is more frustrating than the result. Once more I wasn’t happy with the connection in the build up. I blame everybody.

“I blame the defenders in possession because they always made the easy decision to play square passes, not looking forward, vertical or between the lines. I blame the attackers because their movement for that connection, they were too scared to do it.”

Doesn't this quote pretty much sum up their result against Liverpool? From what I saw of the Brighton match, Brighton in the first half gave them a few scares.

I don’t think there is an agenda from him and I don’t think there ever is. I think this “he’s deflecting attention” shit is giving him too much credit. He’s a child and a troll. He can’t handle criticism especially when it’s warranted and has always reacted like this.

I think at some point he’s convinced himself that he needs to behave like this to be successful and that’s basically just became the person he is. I’m basing this on the media offensive there was recently about what a nice man he is away from football. The other thing is that as much as he pretends it doesn’t bother him that he’s not liked, it clearly does. It reminds me of the type of person that behaves like a cunt but then cries that nobody loves them. They don’t think it’s down to them to change their behaviour. Somebody should love them for who they are so they continue behaving like a cunt and alone. This cunt keeps getting sacked and leaving teams in a worse position. He moves to United saying he wants to be like Ferguson and end his career there so everyone starts going on about how he’s changed and he will play attacking football and won’t get into petty arguments. And here we are.

To anyone from the outside looking in it’s clearly nonsense that he’s succesful because of this. His tactics and the money/players (and pull) of clubs he’s managed is the reason he’s won things. Unfortunately for him with every club he manages it’s going to become obvious to more and more people what complete cunt of a person he is.

I'm beginning to warm to Jose. Him and Man Utd are a match made in Heaven. 

I'm still mad at them for not sticking with the Moyesiah. He wasn't given enough time to embed his ideas and bring his own players in. I mean, the idea of Alehouse Vic in their number 9 shirt is one of the great "What if's" of this century.

• Upvote 1

He's on course to deliver his three year destructive cycle. In his previous incarnations the confrontational, destructive, self obsessed behaviour is well under way in his 2nd season. However previously he's usually winning the title this year to mask the deterioration.

Personally I think there's every chance he'll spend a huge amount in the summer to fail to close the gap to City before throwing his toys out completely and engineering his way out around  next Christmas.

I don’t think there is an agenda from him and I don’t think there ever is. I think this “he’s deflecting attention” shit is giving him too much credit. He’s a child and a troll. He can’t handle criticism especially when it’s warranted and has always reacted like this.

I think at some point he’s convinced himself that he needs to behave like this to be successful and that’s basically just became the person he is. I’m basing this on the media offensive there was recently about what a nice man he is away from football. The other thing is that as much as he pretends it doesn’t bother him that he’s not liked, it clearly does. It reminds me of the type of person that behaves like a cunt but then cries that nobody loves them. They don’t think it’s down to them to change their behaviour. Somebody should love them for who they are so they continue behaving like a cunt and alone. This cunt keeps getting sacked and leaving teams in a worse position. He moves to United saying he wants to be like Ferguson and end his career there so everyone starts going on about how he’s changed and he will play attacking football and won’t get into petty arguments. And here we are.

To anyone from the outside looking in it’s clearly nonsense that he’s succesful because of this. His tactics and the money/players (and pull) of clubs he’s managed is the reason he’s won things. Unfortunately for him with every club he manages it’s going to become obvious to more and more people what complete cunt of a person he is.

= narcissism.

This is the condition he has: narcissistic personality disorder.

It's awful when a loved one has it, but just great when it's the Manchester United manager.

• Upvote 2

Remember the days when Mourinho would walk over broken glass to join Liverpool.

Then we appointed Roy Hodgson.

Good times.

In retrospect if those were our only two options perhaps we made the right choice.

Imagine Jose trying to deal with having to sell Alonso and replace him with Charlie Adam. The press conferences would have been epic.

In retrospect if those were our only two options perhaps we made the right choice.

Imagine Jose trying to deal with having to sell Alonso and replace him with Charlie Adam. The press conferences would have been epic.

1. Keep Rafa Benitez

2. Give the job to Kenny

16,741. Give the job to Hodgson

He would have gotten a warm welcome here if he'd taken over at any stage. We would have ignored the more awful parts of his personality and highlighted what he did with relatively scant resources at Porto and Inter.

I don't remember him being linked in 2010, but he was still an excellent manager then and would have been a staggeringly huge improvement on the gibbering dud they actually appointed.

He's yesterday's man now, clearly. The game has moved on and he hasn't.

• Upvote 2

In the dark days there was always a band of Liverpool supporters who wanted him to be more successful than Rafa.  I remember a few people getting giddy when he did the treble with Inter.   The same mentality that saw people happy when a late Diego Forlan goal denied us a place in the UEFA Cup final.  "Hope we get beat" was real.

• Upvote 4