You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (h)

Hand Shandy

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win.

The real question is can they put a run of performances like this together, because so far this season every time we've had a result like this, we've shit the bed in the next fixture.

I don't think Klopp will be changing his mind on players just yet, He's far to clever to get sucked in by that, but if certain players can play like this till the end of the season, he may yet revise the names on his Bin List.

Kolo gets a lot of unfair stick to be honest and it's since the mistake against WBA and then the week after scoring an own goal against Fulham and running into the ref.

He's limited but he does all the basics well. I wouldn't be against him signing a new deal and bombing skrtel out of the club

Milner was everywhere again. Crossing from the wings, making runs into the box, scoring goals, intercepting headers on the line, pressing like a maniac.  Lallana was exactly the same as well, like a man possessed tonight.

The intensity was great right from the opening minute and it never seemed to wane throughout the entire game which was pleasing to see.

I also liked the way Milner celebrated against his former club as well. No split loyalty's there, reminds me of Welbeck celebrating against the mancs.

Unfortunate that we couldn't play like that sunday. The intensity was terrific and whilst the result basically means nothing, it's good to see such a response to a past disapointment.

Milner is growing on me, I have to say. I still think there should only be one spot in the 11 for either Milner or Henderson and I think Milner is showing he is the better player and the more deserving.

Lallana was great as well and I liked that he had a go from outside the box for his goal. We'd been struggling to create tangible chances at that point and it was good that he tried to create something himself.

Par.

Funnily enough if City themselves had half that record they'd be walking the league.

When you see the team they put out for the FA Cup, then not being able to get themselves up for a crucial league game after winning the League Cup, it makes Kompany's quadruple comments from a couple of years ago even more ridiculous.

Excellent performance in a very good win. Win our game in hand and we are within striking distance of both Manchester clubs. Top four has surely gone, hasn't it?! Crazy season and I'm looking at that table thinkin hmmm....

Thought the same when I looked at the table. Hard to believe that with the season we've had and how dire it's seemed at times there's a decent shot at getting top 4 with 11 games to go if we just get our shit together for that period.

If we could win the Europa as well you'd have to say it's a been a fairly good season overall, even if much of the squad needs to be improved.

Excellent performance in a very good win. Win our game in hand and we are within striking distance of both Manchester clubs. Top four has surely gone, hasn't it?! Crazy season and I'm looking at that table thinkin hmmm....

Don't do it to yourself...we will get within striking distance and then shit ourselves massively.

Battered again by a much better Liverpool side.

Workrate from Liverpool was superb and that of City was dire. It's a proven formula against City - If you're a decent team and work your nuts off, you'll get something from the game.

If you'd asked me before the weekend, which of the two games we'd prefer to win, then the trophy would come first, but City can consider themselves lucky they didn't meet the same Liverpool on Sunday, and end up with a similar result.

You don't win 3-0 without being the better team by some distance.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Pep and City will be in the Europa next season. They're going to get caught by someone, wouldn't surprise me if United pip them to fourth, there's a couple of clubs that could finish higher than them. I wonder if this Guardiola announcement has affected both City and Bayern, the latter lost at home to Mainz last night.

Technically we aren't out of it, but we all know what will happen, especially with our bogey team at the weekend. Two League wins on the bounce, halcyon days.