You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2016

aRdja

Shirley there's a few chumps we could sell to get a few quid in? Alberto, Ballotelli, Enrique? They'd make 12 mil at least to add to the 28 mil we've supposedly bid.

It's not even about the money we currently have to spend if we're trying to get Matip in early for £6million.

57647925.jpg

All smoke and mirrors, still don't think it's dead in the water, despite what the guardians of the game, Sky, think. They're being used as a negotiating tool and they're too arrogant to realise it.

I agree. Seems to me that Ayre or whoever have fed sky this info to force Shakhtar to lower their valuation, can't see it working - Shakhtar hardly need the cash. Don't play hardball with oligarchs.

Sky are probably going off that Teixeira interview themselves, and know fuck all otherwise.

That said, I just can't see us matching Shakhtar's £38 million valuation. Especially, considering Jurgen's Disneyland which seemed in direct reference to the Teixeira bid. So, if they don't budge, we are fucked. Unless we have an alternative line up. Wouldn't mind seeing us putting a bid in for Felipe Anderson. He also seems to want out and has a very similar profile to Teixeira.

All smoke and mirrors, still don't think it's dead in the water, despite what the guardians of the game, Sky, think. They're being used as a negotiating tool and they're too arrogant to realise it.

Was just about to post the same.

Playing a bit of hardball to drive the price down, seems to me Teixeira with that interview is really pushing for the move.

selling ayre your house. 

Ayre.. how much

seller.. 200 grand

Ayre.. ive got 75 grand

Seller.. No

Are.. but thats all ive got

Seller.. it's 200 grand you mad bastard

Ayre.. but ive already agreed terms with your cleaner.

It should't take too long to realise when something is out your price range and I'd certainly only fly out and meet the player if the fee the club was asking for was something I'd be prepared to pay but you still want to play the haggling game and get it down. No idea whether this deal is like the Suarez one where we were prepared to pay full price to get the player but wanted to haggle or another where we don't want the player for anywhere near the full price, you gotta move on fast from them fuckers.

• Upvote 1

I don't believe we are trying to sign Ter Stegen or Matip during this window, if that was he case there would have been no point recalling Ward and signing Caulker.

I won't be angry if the club don't pay that massive fee for a 26 year old who has no international caps and has took years to develop on a shit league.I don't like signing these late developers and prefer when we sign players who have looked like they would be world class since they were youngsters, Pato is one of those players and he would have been a risk free signing on loan.

The club has fucked up making this public if they are not close to a deal, normally I would expect us to sign a player when it's so public but we have had similar sagas where we didn't get the player in the end.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yeah, I don't think we will sign him. I've not even bothered looking at youtube videos and pretending I know who the fuck he is.