You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Declaring war on Rodgers

Gym Beglin

Because he plays them all in positions they've either never played before or haven't played for years. He got rid of the best goalie in the league for his "play it out from the back" philosophy and replaced him with the worst and he forces him to utilise his weakest aspect the most.

He plays a Championship right sided centre back at left back. Lovren a right sided centre back on the left hand side. Lucas an attacking midfielder that is now a DM, Can a right back / centre back as a marauding midfielder, Milner a right winger at centre mid, Ings, a striker playing left back at times today. Firmino a number 10 out wide right the whole game. Lallana a right forward as a left winger / central mid, Flanagan a right back at left back, Balotelli a striker in a 442 up front on his own. Moreno a left back as a left winger, Markovic an attacking mid at fullback. 

It's fucking infuriating, the only ones that look decent are the ones that have played the same position their whole lives ie Skrtel, Clyne, Coutinho, Henderson and Sturridge.

?

Lovern played on the left side of the Southampton central pairing, with Rui Fonte or Maya Yoshida on the right.

Lucas was converted to a defensive midfielder when Rafa was in charge.

Can is capable of playing those roles, but he's a central midfielder. Of that there is no doubt.

Milner has been utilised wide for the majority of his career, but has had his best periods playing through the middle, where he has been good for us, thus far.

As for Lallana. Go back and watch Southampton from a couple of seasons ago, when he was playing on the left of a front 3 with Lambert and Rodriguez.

Chelsea fans. Plastic flags. Laughing at this thread.

?

Lovern played on the left side of the Southampton central pairing, with Rui Fonte or Maya Yoshida on the right.

Can is capable of playing those roles, but he's a central midfielder. Of that there is no doubt.

Milner has been utilised wide for the majority of his career, but has had his best periods playing through the middle, where he has been good for us, thus far.

As for Lallana. Go back and watch Southampton from a couple of seasons ago, when he was playing on the left of a front 3 with Lambert and Rodriguez.

I think we need him out wide for us really. I know that isn't why he moved here but fuck him, the team goes above all.

I have to disagree with that it's not the liverpool way to slag off a manager.

how many people can think back that far.Since 1960 we have had shanks, bob, Joe Fagan, Kenny, Roy Gérard and rafa.

Some of the later ones have had issues but we have always shown something.

I can't support someone who as a manager acts like a salesman.

He is the new labour of managers.

I think we need him out wide for us really. I know that isn't why he moved here but fuck him, the team goes above all.

If we're to continue with a 4-3-3/4-5-1, then I'd agree with you. So long as the central midfield roles are sufficiently reinforced.

Preferably, I'd like to see us switch back to the diamond. Milner and Henderson as the 'wider' players in the midfield in the most part, though when we're at home against so called lesser opposition, one of them could drop into the base of the diamond to accommodate both Coutinho and Firmino in more advanced areas.

If he's doesn't fuck this 4 3 3 shite and defensive play from today onwards then he'll lose my 10% of remaining support i have for him

Tbh I think it's too late whatever he does now as there's not many reds I know who still think he can turn it around.

Think he made a major fucking error not sticking to 3 at the back as Benteke being supported well by 2 CAMs would of worked out great for us and he has also gone ultra cautious with the pressure on him.

Unless we win next five games and play some good stuff I think he will be a gonna

If we're to continue with a 4-3-3/4-5-1, then I'd agree with you. So long as the central midfield roles are sufficiently reinforced.

Preferably, I'd like to see us switch back to the diamond. Milner and Henderson as the 'wider' players in the midfield in the most part, though when we're at home against so called lesser opposition, one of them could drop into the base of the diamond to accommodate both Coutinho and Firmino in more advanced areas.

Milner and Henderson wide in the diamond seems sensible too. I'd probably like that to be Benteke plus Sturridge/Firmino as the forward pair as Ings isn't deserving of a place.

Milner and Henderson wide in the diamond seems sensible too. I'd probably like that to be Benteke plus Sturridge/Firmino as the forward pair as Ings isn't deserving of a place.

Benteke and Sturridge would certainly be my preferred partnership, but to say Ings is not deserving, is a little harsh on the lad, in my opinion.

?

Lovren was a right sided centre back for Lyon, he was a right sided centre back for Zagreb as well before he moved to Lyon, Southampton converted him to the left. 

Can played left back for Leverkusen against United he also played right back and midfield but i never saw him play as attacking as he was today. 

Lallana was on the right as much as he was on the left during those two premier league seasons at Saints. The year before he moved to us he was mostly on the right hand side.

Milner hasn't played centre midfield with any regularity since 2010.

Lucas naturally is not a DM, he spent his time in Brazil as an attacker and when Rafa saw he was toothless he converted him...but that still doesn't acknowledge the fact that it's not his natural position.

• Downvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

He really needs to fuck off for the sake of our club, he is utterly clueless when it comes to this tactical game. he won't fuck off though, so that leaves us hanging on for FSG to push him, they won't though, not as long as the $$$$ keep rolling in. If our shitness under Rodgers hits their pockets then they will act.

Our net spend this summer was next to nothing when you include sales, sponsorship and the obscene amount of TV revenue. It has been the same every fucking window. That is no excuse for Rodgers and the committee spending millions on players/dross and then mismanaging them mind.  They are waiting for the new stand to open and hoping we'll be in the CL before selling us on for a healthy profit.