You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Some supermarket shelves lately look like Clive James footage from Leningrad. Great success. 

Well that's a slightly different subject but although it's a bit of a short term  inconvenience the other side of the coin is low paid workers who were maybe taken for granted will hopefully be granted a tad more respect in future.

I don't think any of us will go hungry.

7 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Tesco will react by doubling everyone's wages. Just you watch. 

Are you saying Tesco have not increased some of their workers wages? If you are you'd be wrong.

Edit.. that's in no way a defence of Tesco, can't stand the cunts..

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

the other side of the coin is low paid workers who were maybe taken for granted will hopefully be granted a tad more respect in future.

Do you actually believe this?

While we're still in a pandemic, NHS workers have been offered a poss-poor excuse of a real-terms pay cut; that's how far "respect" stretches in this cunt-led shithole country.

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

While we're still in a pandemic, NHS workers have been offered a poss-poor excuse of a real-terms pay cut; that's how far "respect" stretches in this cunt-led shithole country.

I think you've misinterpreted my post Angry. I do agree with you about the NHS and them granting workers respect but I was coming at it from a slightly different angle. Probably my fault for not explaining it clearly.

7 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Surely if the shops are selling less stuff, they will need less staff  ?

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

Surely if the shops are selling less stuff, they will need less staff  ?

Supermarkets made hugh profits during the pandemic, they also received government hand outs. This staff shortages was predicted two years ago, its government incompetence that has got us to where we are today.

Sorry, to answer your question, supermarket's want to sell lots of stuff, I'd be very surprised if they lay off workers because of a short term problem.

12 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

An inflation rate of between 2.5 and 3.9 per cent is nothing to concern us, its really not. It's not bothering the yanks and it's not bothering the Germans. 

And you know this from speaking to German and American workers who are getting real-terms pay cuts?

Or are you just assuming it doesn't bother anyone else because it doesn't bother you?

17 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I think you've misinterpreted my post Angry. I do agree with you about the NHS and them granting workers respect but I was coming at it from a slightly different angle. Probably my fault for not explaining it clearly.

It was a genuine question: do you think that workers will now be treated with the respect they deserve?

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It was a genuine question: do you think that workers will now be treated with the respect they deserve?

I certainly do believe workers are being treated with more respect since Brexit, wage rises, staff shortages and increased working conditions proves the point

12 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

And you know this from speaking to German and American workers who are getting real-terms pay cuts?

Or are you just assuming it doesn't bother anyone else because it doesn't bother you?

Good god your going full Ted Cruz, 60% of Americans think the economy is doing well, they've got over 5% inflation. Germany are also experiencing higher than normal inflation. Ours is a poxy 2 5%... You really do need to get a grip, Bidens right 'no one gives a fuck about single digit inflation. 

10 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Of course I know this is a really really old fashioned concept but you know these staff shortages? Their is a possible solution, and it does mean respecting low paid workers and it also means giving them more pay.

38 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I certainly do believe workers are being treated with more respect since Brexit, wage rises, staff shortages and increased working conditions proves the point

Workers in some sectors have had temporary payrises, in response to shortages mainly driven by Covid. Most workers are getting fuck all.

The only change in conditions I've seen is an increase in Fire & Rehire and the loosening of Health & Safety regulations designed to protect workers.

The country is still being run by cunts who think that we're shit off their shoes.

41 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Good god your going full Ted Cruz, 60% of Americans think the economy is doing well,

they've got over 5% inflation. Germany are also experiencing higher than normal inflation. Ours is a poxy 2 5%... You really do need to get a grip, Bidens right 'no one gives a fuck about single digit inflation. 

Because Ted Cruz is famous for his concern for lower-paid workers. Obviously.

That statistic about what 60% of Americans think couldn't be less relevant if it tried. I mean, the fact that Germany (and other countries) are experiencing higher than usual inflation, due to Covid-related shortages,  doesn't add anything to the debate, but at least it's on the same subject (i.e. facts, not opinions).

Since you're refusing to answer, maybe you could get your new friend Joe Boden to explain why poor people should be happy about real-terms pay cuts.

16 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Ok, so what do you think is an acceptable rate of inflation? 

Stupid question. I doubt there's an economist anywhere who will pick any specific number and call it an "acceptable rate of inflation".

The point is that millions of workers - including many on poverty pay - are getting pay rises below the forecast rate of inflation; in other words, poor people are getting pay cuts. I think this is a bad thing. Gnasher doesn't give a fuck.

• Like 1

The definition of madness, if you google it, should deffo read: Entering the Brexit thread on TLW. 

(I will come back tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after, and it will still be AoT and Gnasher saying the same things over and over and over) see you tomorrow guys)

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

They got clapped, what more could they possible need. 

• Upvote 3