You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reds set to Fire the Lazar?

tlw content

We did with the previous manager and his 'one bad season' took us to two Cup Finals,winning one and getting back into Europe.

So,yes we do. And the current incumbent has had two out of three.

Yeah but we don't do it every time.  Or, we shouldn't.  

*wobbles head*

I can only comment on him from his appearances for us and for us he has looked like a lightweight shithouse tart whose impact has been sub-Downing in both quality and quantity. Get rid.

Both arrived with the same price tag and for the same position, and both played in a team struggling to finish chances, often created by them. This made both look worse than what they were. Both suffered loss of confidence and both were accused of being shithouses. Hell, both nearly scored goal of the season! That's about where the similarities end.

Downing was 6 years older, used to the league, played entirely in his preferred position and still managed to score less in his first season than the young Serb. There's a few reasons why he isn't sub-Downing.

• Upvote 1

I can only comment on him from his appearances for us and for us he has looked like a lightweight shithouse tart whose impact has been sub-Downing in both quality and quantity. Get rid.

I'm calling BS on this. Downing did sweet fuckall for a season playing a shitload more than Lazar. That's 40 odd. appearances with no goals and no assists in his favoured. position.

Marko played a lot less, was subbed off a shitload of times, played more often out of position than in his favoured position, and managed to score and assist. in fact, if our strikers weren't so shit he'd have done a lot more...

Oh, and Downing was supposed to be used to the league, older, more experienced, in his. prime, and was fortuitous enough to play with Suarez, who'd draw defenders away from him as well... and yet did less for the team than Marko.

Markovic is shit, and will continue to be shit if we keep him. Mainly because he's shit.

If we sell him, he'll probably still be shit, because he's shit, but hell probably have some not shit moments that some shit will pull together into a shit youtube compilation with shit music (and the top and bottom inch of footage cut off to look cool) to try and pretend he's bit shit and that selling him was a bad idea.

What is he 20/21 years old? It surprises me how quick people are to write off young players without giving them a proper chance in a decent team playing with confidence. He had that at Benfica and looked a completely different player.

What is he 20/21 years old? It surprises me how quick people are to write off young players without giving them a proper chance in a decent team playing with confidence. He had that at Benfica and looked a completely different player.

Then what happened? Ah yes, he ended up as a shit wing back next to his friend Emre...

Eeesshh...

He was hyped up a bit, had a fancy name, long hair, came with a reputation for flair and pace and carried a big price tag.  We're desperate for a signing like him to work out, it hasn't happened and that's increased the pressure/adverse reaction.

Showed some flashes of quality but came up well short for me.  I wouldn't write him off yet and hopefully, if he stays, he can turn it round but I wouldn't bet on it.

He's at no point shown any skill on the ball. He's never actually beaten a man. His shooting isn't great. His crossing isn't great. His passing isn't great, and he's not really that quick.

I understand people wanting to give him time and giving him the benefit of the doubt due to his age and being from another land, but I'll be right on this. He's shit.

• Upvote 1

He was hyped up a bit, had a fancy name, long hair, came with a reputation for flair and pace and carried a big price tag.  We're desperate for a signing like him to work out, it hasn't happened and that's increased the pressure/adverse reaction.

We used to do that so well...

berger.jpg

• Upvote 1

He's at no point shown any skill on the ball. He's never actually beaten a man. His shooting isn't great. His crossing isn't great. His passing isn't great, and he's not really that quick.

I understand people wanting to give him time and giving him the benefit of the doubt due to his age and being from another land, but I'll be right on this. He's shit.

Everything he does is Powderpuff....even when he got a red card it was Powderpuff.

I get the Aquilani comparisons, he looks like a bit of a pansy does lazer. Does not look in any way shape or form cut out for this league, some players never adapt some take time. He needs to hit the gym and grow a pair of balls this summer for starters.

Keep for me, unless moving him on gets us a player we want e.g. Gaitan at Benfica.

One season, as a young player, adjusting to a new country and team, while not getting a run in a familiar position, while also seeing the whole team struggle, is not enough evidence to write him off yet.

Obviously we expected better, but his value would now be low if we sold that I'd rather see if there is actually a player in there somewhere. I only saw him live once, over here in America, and it was only a pre season friendly. But he did something that really caught my attention as he went past a couple of Olympiakos players, with pace and close control, as though they weren't there. I honestly do think he has something, but obviously he has to show much more than he has managed so far.

• Upvote 1

Markovic is shit, and will continue to be shit if we keep him. Mainly because he's shit.

If we sell him, he'll probably still be shit, because he's shit, but hell probably have some not shit moments that some shit will pull together into a shit youtube compilation with shit music (and the top and bottom inch of footage cut off to look cool) to try and pretend he's bit shit and that selling him was a bad idea.

I'd also say the same about balotelli, moreno, lovren, can, lallana and lambert

Play him in a wide right attacking role running at players with pace in the final third rather than at wing back in a defensive capacity. There will be chances for him when £terling finally manufactures his move.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

A solid run of games in his natural position could help his confidence.. If he's not doing it after 10-12 games in from the start then fair enough but paying £20m for the lad then playing him for one game in every four and out of position isn't going to pull the best out of him.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk