You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reds set to Fire the Lazar?

tlw content

I've got far more confidence in Markovic as a top player than I do in Rodgers as a top manager.

No offence mate but you were talking about Borini like he was the second coming.

I was going to write a post last night praising fans on here for not getting on Ibes back like I have seen elsewhere but it seems some are saying he should be dropped.Is it really surprising a young player who's hardly played hasn't hit the ground running after everyone has been saying he will surpass the most expensive English player.

I saw that coming all summer, he's a top player and will show it he just needs to get used of playing under expectation.

No offence mate but you were talking about Borini like he was the second coming.

I was going to write a post last night praising fans on here for not getting on Ibes back like I have seen elsewhere but it seems some are saying he should be dropped.Is it really surprising a young player who's hardly played hasn't hit the ground running after everyone has been saying he will surpass the most expensive English player.

I saw that coming all summer, he's a top player and will show it he just needs to get used of playing under expectation.

Don't mean to be contrary, but people are not getting on Ibes back, it seems a few want him dropped as his form has, and a few games out of the spotlight will help him relax, focus on his training and come back stronger. You see that a lot with younger players.

We're not going to sell any of the players we want to get rid off. Just loan them out, pay most of their wages until their contracts run out. And these players cost a fair bit but we're not getting a fraction of the money back that we spent on them. Shocking transfer strategy from the "committee". If we get £20M for Markovic, Balotelli and Borini combined I'd be shocked.

This is  one of the massive flaws in the transfer policy. Paying big money for young players with "potential" . If that potential isn't fulfilled they are worth fuck all. Experienced players have a resale value if they don't work out for you

This is  one of the massive flaws in the transfer policy. Paying big money for young players with "potential" . If that potential isn't fulfilled they are worth fuck all. Experienced players have a resale value if they don't work out for you

mario-balotelli-550680.jpg

Don't mean to be contrary, but people are not getting on Ibes back, it seems a few want him dropped as his form has, and a few games out of the spotlight will help him relax, focus on his training and come back stronger. You see that a lot with younger players.

Don't be so analogue. 

JP will merely send him a picture of Michael Jackson Moonwalking on MySpace and he'll be right as ninepence.

• Upvote 3

Yeah fair enough as I said I was going to praise fans on here for not making stupid statements after two games, I've seen fans on twitter writing him off already.

I'm struggling to think of many players that have gone out on loan, and actually succeed here afterwards

Very few but it's happened.  I can't think of any premier league player that's been loaned to a foreign club and came back strong though.  It's usually one foot out the door.

We can't go back, only forward. So while there are question marks over the fee and how the player was used, we can't change that now. So we are left with three options on Markovic. 

1. Play him/use him

2. Sell him

3. Loan him

As things stand today, option three is the best choice. I don't think we will play him very much. We have several attacking midfielders who are ahead of him in the pecking order. I don't think we will sell him. His value right now is depressed after struggling in his first season here. He's still a young player and will benefit from playing time, and he won't find a lot of that here. 

So a loan makes sense. Ideally he will kick on and we will bring him back. But if not, hopefully he will find enough form to command more interest and a higher price than if we sold him now. 

• Upvote 1