You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reds set to Fire the Lazar?

tlw content

Would you prefer that turd was on your shoe or your face?

I don't catch your drift?

Are you saying that if we do sell/loan the useless fuck, he might come back to haunt us?

I just don't see it? He looked average in a Benfica team that romped to the treble whilst playing in his 'favoured' position.

They simply cannot sell Markovic yet keep Lovren, seeing as one was meant to be the finished article and the other a talent to develop. Both showed glimpses of form and both disappointed plenty too. 

The thing is, you are supposed to expect that more from the young player, aren't you? To think the position he'd have liked to play was fucking wasted on Sterling so he could keep missing from 3 yards. Fuck sake. 

• Upvote 1

So three trophyless seasons are not enough time to judge a manager.

But one season is enough time to decide about the talent of a 20yr old player.

RIP Liverpool F.C.

YNWA

you already said this, said this, said this

• Upvote 2

So at the bottom of the article, there is a link to this: 

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/05/lazar-markovic-cannot-properly-judged-liverpool-yet/

Not that they are all-defining or anything, but 93% in a poll wanting him to get another chance surely says something at least? 

Followed by this: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjCo-8D0kcg

Are you genuinely surprised by the result of the poll?

The sensible thing would be to replace the manager who has proved that he canNOT develop young players he chose to sign (e.g. Illory, Borini, Allen, Markovic) with a World Class manager (Jurgen Klopp) who has proved that he can identify, develop young talent and win trophies and who has PROVED that he wants to JOIN Liverpool F.C..

Instead, we will sell Markovic, Sterling, Illory et al and hope that somehow Rodgers will get an epiphany, grow some skills, develop a proper defensive plan and a proper plan to develop young players.

We do NOT want to be a Great Club any more. We do NOT want to even try to remain a Great Club.

• Upvote 1

Lallana is a better player now than Markovic. If we are to push on we need a better player than Lallana in now - not in three years. If in three years Markovic is that player great. Personally I do not see how we are going to make a step forward in the quality of the three behind the striker and him getting any playing time. 

I'd have Coutinho, Sterling, Lallana and Ibe in front of him now and still be looking to bring in another.

Fucking hell, we are total fucking retards at this fucking transfer thing, are we fucking not?

Have you seen our Manager.

Gives these big money transfers the OK then plays them out of position.  See Lallana, Can etc.

I heard somewhere that he was homesick and having a hard time adjusting. Seems kneejerk in the extreme to bin him so soon, for all the reasons already stated, but I guess the manager simply doesn't rate him. Why else would they be prepared to take a big hit by selling him?

I heard somewhere that he was homesick and having a hard time adjusting. Seems kneejerk in the extreme to bin him so soon, for all the reasons already stated, but I guess the manager simply doesn't rate him. Why else would they be prepared to take a big hit by selling him?

It would be faster to name the players Rodgers does actually seem to rate:

1. Coutinho

2. Henderson

The end. Everyone else is chopped and changed, in and out, or being put on performance based contracts.

Give him a chance under a proper coach like Meulensteen who can work with him. We could had a 20 year old Ronaldo straight from Portugal last season and he'd have been written off after playing right back or something getting the usual rodgers treatment.

Maybe he isn't up to it but give him a chance in a functioning team under a proper coaching system. Loaning him would be ridiculous.

False equivalence

also patheticus ridiculousus

False what? If Rodgers hadn't played Emre Can at right back then there wouldn't have been a spike in the space time continuum, the butterfly wouldn't have flapped its wings, Katrina would have been a light gust and Old Orleans would still be with us. He has a lot to answer for.